Thursday, February 21, 2013 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

dougal18
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Thursday, February 21, 2013 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by dougal18 »

The pitchfork bit was hilarious.

I got FJ! pretty easily after learning about the whole Tsars/Lenin/Stalin stuff in Standard Grade History 15-17 years ago. The rest of the game I'll draw a veil over.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Re: Thursday, February 21, 2013 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Volante »

Austin Powers wrote:While I could see someone saying Chaplin, he wouldn't make a great deal of sense. Monsieur Verdoux was late 40s and he got an Oscar for Limelight, albeit under unusual circumstances, in the early 1970s.

BTW a better temptation would be the guy who directed The Jazz Singer - except you've not heard of him.
Jazz Singer's where I started too, but then thought, "No, no one knows who that is....wait, Struggle sounds thematically like Intolerance...Griffith!"

Of all the possible FJ answers I could come up with, five year plan was the least wrong...but I filled out my scoresheets with a wrong anyway, just to get done early. (I still had Friday's to watch!) So of course it'd end up being right making me fix all my records... *shakes fist* How dare I end up right?!
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): WIthnail & I (7), An Autumn Afternoon (7), Europa Europa (7), Tampopo (9)