For the LLamas Among Us

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Re: For the LLamas Among Us

Post by RandyG »

Apparently the Boston North End molasses flood of 1919 is a very-known event, as 77% of the players got it right. 'twas news to me, though. The funny thing is that when I was trying to come up with an answer "molasses" was an early thought once I reasoned that it couldn't have been a chemical spill, but I rejected molasses, thinking it was just too ridiculous of an answer.

So often on these trivia quizzes if you don't know an answer for certain, it's impossible to tell whether what seems like an obvious answer really is the answer or whether the answer turns out to be something seemingly far-fetched. Going with the former, I answered "water."
TomKBaltimoreBoy
Lucky to be Here

Post by TomKBaltimoreBoy »

This Is Kirk! wrote:
econgator wrote:
This Is Kirk! wrote:I just want to know how 40% knew Knuckles the Echidna! WTF?
Most any videogamer knows Knuckles.
I guess I underestimate the number of people who play video games.
Never underestimate the subliminal power of having children -- Sonic and his cohorts are inescapable, even if you don't have video games around.

And tying Vermonter is a result I will take any day.
Life IS pain, Princess. Anyone telling you differently is selling something.
henrix77

Post by henrix77 »

So I auditioned for the Chase, and let's just say I now have additional reason to brush up on some trivia. ;)

I don't suppose anyone would be kind enough to extend an invitation to LL? Please, and thank you. :)
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

henrix77 wrote:So I auditioned for the Chase, and let's just say I now have additional reason to brush up on some trivia. ;)

I don't suppose anyone would be kind enough to extend an invitation to LL? Please, and thank you. :)
See this post. (tl;dr: LL invites aren't handed out to just anyone, we should know you well enough to vouch for you. Someone with only 2 posts doesn't fit that bill.)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Besides which, the next season doesn't start for another month, and previous seasons' questions are publicly viewable.
henrix77

Post by henrix77 »

I appreciate the help. I don't expect to post enough for anyone to "know" me (one of the perils of lurking for the last 15 years, both here and the old WWTBAM board, I suppose). If previous seasons are viewable, that'll do.

That being said, however, a guy that I knew for all of 5 minutes at the Chicago audition offered me an invite, which I foolishly declined. Maybe he didn't subscribe to the "invites aren't given out willy-nilly" policy, lol. :)

Thanks again for the info, take care.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I was a rookie for LL59, which was free. I never renewed my membership by paying the dues so I couldn't play after that. I got an e-mail from the league the other day asking me to rejoin so tonight I finally paid the annual dues and signed up for LL63.

My question is, will I be back in a rookie level or one of the other rundles?

Looking forward to getting back in it.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

Bamaman wrote:I was a rookie for LL59, which was free. I never renewed my membership by paying the dues so I couldn't play after that. I got an e-mail from the league the other day asking me to rejoin so tonight I finally paid the annual dues and signed up for LL63.

Probably whatever rundle you would have been in otherwise. It should be somewhere in the rule book.
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
TheyCallMeMrKid
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

Vermonter wrote:
Bamaman wrote:I was a rookie for LL59, which was free. I never renewed my membership by paying the dues so I couldn't play after that. I got an e-mail from the league the other day asking me to rejoin so tonight I finally paid the annual dues and signed up for LL63.

Probably whatever rundle you would have been in otherwise. It should be somewhere in the rule book.
And if you can't find it, but are willing to pay, I'm sure you could employ Vermonter's LL Search Service™ to browse the LL website and find the answer for you. :lol:
Sheepin' it real.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

TheyCallMeMrKid wrote:
Vermonter wrote:

And if you can't find it, but are willing to pay, I'm sure you could employ Vermonter's LL Search Service™ to browse the LL website and find the answer for you. :lol:
Shh! That's still in beta. :)
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

Vermonter wrote:
TheyCallMeMrKid wrote:
Vermonter wrote:

Shh! That's still in beta. :)
I'm holding out for Vermonter's LL Hacker Tracker™
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

RandyG wrote:I'm holding out for Vermonter's LL Hacker Tracker™
I believe goforthetie is already working on that.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Good to see you're coming back!

I thought I mentioned this to you before, but there isn't really a set dues, you don't have to pay the $50 or more for one of the fancy levels, it's just "pay what it's worth". I remember my last renewal or two came during a time of un-/under-employment and I knew I couldn't pay very much at all. I asked Thorsten if that's ok and he reiterated, sagely that it's "pay what it's worth". I wound up valuing the worth with a percentage of my disposable income, rather than a set amount. I probably didn't pay nearly as much as most and I definitely didn't pay as much as I thought it was worth, value-wise. (I think that's what also prompted me to make a One Day during that time, as partial compensation. I've told myself that if I get on permanent where I am now (they like my work and, since it's a leading financial services company the pay should be much more than my temp pay) I will spring for one of the fancy levels, as a thank-you.

But to reiterate, the dues shouldn't be an issue, but i support you abstaining for dues' sake if you wish.

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I could afford it, I was just too lazy to go to the trouble of signing back up when my free trial ran out. I was planning to e-mail him to see if I could get back in and was glad I got the note from him asking me to rejoin.
sethmoko
Contributor

Post by sethmoko »

Been wanting to join for quite some time. I'm not sure where things are at in the referral and sign-up process, but if someone could spare a referral for me, I'd sure appreciate it. Let me know!

Thanks.
Seth
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Finally ... my chance to win a 1DS. :)
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

econgator wrote:Finally ... my chance to win a 1DS. :)
That big on fruit, are you?

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

dhkendall wrote:
econgator wrote:Finally ... my chance to win a 1DS. :)
That big on fruit, are you?
You found out my true wheelhouse!
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

I get to hunt the King of the Rats my first day in B rundle in LL63. Uh oh.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

I've got a schedule! Thank you mysterious benefactor!

And apparently one of my first matches will be against a "RutterB." But they're new this season too! Maybe I'm not being immediately thrown to the wolves? :lol: (*grabs steak sauce anyway*)
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)