Based on a premise I brazenly stole from MFalk, who deployed it masterfully in TD 22 . . .
Each question will have progressively fewer available correct answers. Your task is to decide which questions to answer and which ones not to, then give the best possible answers.
Rules – Copied and pasted (for the most part) from TD 176, with modifications for this format:
1. Please send me your answers by private message, but NOT ANYWHERE IN THIS THREAD!
2. The deadline for submission is 12:00 PM CST Monday, February 10, 2014.
3. The object, as always, is to provide the least popular correct answer for each of the questions. If your answer is correct, your score on a question equals the number of people (including you) who gave your answer.
4. If your answer is incorrect, your score will be the number of people who gave an incorrect answer to that question PLUS the number of available correct answers.
EXAMPLE: You and three other people give an incorrect answer to Question 10. Your score for that question would be 14.
5. You may drop as many questions as you wish. Your score for that question will be zero, but you will incur a "drop penalty" based on the number of available correct answers. At the end, the number of available answers for each dropped question will be MULTIPLIED together, then added to your final total. The final total is the sum of your question scores plus your drop penalty. Lowest final total wins.
EXAMPLE: You drop questions 3, 4, and 6. A penalty of 72 points (3 X 4 X 6) would be added to your score at the end.
6. Answers must be provided out of the wealth of information that exists in your brain - no research! However, if you are lucky enough to stumble onto an answer between when you read the question and when you submit your answers, it is fully acceptable to use that.
7. The first tiebreaker will be the number of correct answers, followed by smallest drop penalty, followed by the number of singletons, then doubletons, then submission order.
8. If you have questions or comments, send them to me via private message unless you are sure that what you say will not reveal answers, offer hints, steer players away from negbait, or in any other way affect the outcome. If appropriate, I’ll post clarifications below the questions.
Last edited by DadofTwins
on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.