TD 182 -- 2 Out Of 5
Welcome to Think Different quiz number 182. This quiz has 20 questions and it has a new twist. You will choose 2 correct answers out of the 5 correct answers to each question. Enjoy!
Here are the rules:
1. Please send me your answers by private message, but NOT ANYWHERE IN THIS THREAD OR ANYWHERE ELSE ON JBOARD!
2. The deadline for submission is 12:00 noon Eastern Time on Monday, March 17, 2014.
3. The object is to provide the combination of two correct choices (out of the five correct responses) that you think will be the least popular for each question. Because "five things taken two at a time" results in ten distinct pairs, each question has ten possible answers (or pairs).
4. The order of the two choices within each answer does not matter. For example, if A and B are correct choices for a question, then answers of "A and B" and "B and A" will both be counted as correct.
5. Your score on a question equals the number of people -- including you -- who gave your answer.
6. If only one of the two choices in an answer is correct, then the entire answer will be scored as incorrect. There is no half-credit if only one of the choices is correct.
7. You may skip up to 5 questions by listing DROP instead of an answer. You will receive 3 points for each DROP you use. There is no bonus for using zero DROPs.
8. Incorrect answers receive the "sheep" score (highest score on that question) times 2. If DROP is the most popular, then the sheep score will be based on the most popular answer other than DROP.
9. Lowest final score wins, with the total computed by adding your scores together.
10. Answers must be provided out of the wealth of information that exists in your brain - no research! However, if you are lucky enough to stumble onto an answer between when you read the question and when you submit your answers, it is fully acceptable to use that.
11. Once you have submitted your answers, you will not be permitted to change them.
12. Tiebreakers will be in this order: number of singletons, then doubletons, then submission order.
13. If you have questions or comments, send them to me via private message unless you are sure that what you say will not reveal answers, offer hints, steer players away from negbait, or in any other way affect the outcome. If appropriate, I’ll post clarifications below the questions.
Last edited by esrever
on Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.