1. The names of Jesus’ original 12 apostles can be found in the gospels of Matthew (4:18-22; 9:9-12; 10:1-4) and John (1:35-51). Name one of these 12 men. Since some of the names are similar, please make sure you give me enough information to be able to determine who you are talking about (Source: moodycatholic.com).
2. Name an actor who portrayed one of the 12 Angry Men in the 1957 movie of the same name.
Bonus: Name that man’s juror number.
3. Name one of the things my true love gave to me in the song “The Twelve Days of Christmas” (amount and item).
4. Name one of the 12 elements that begins with the letter C.
Bonus: Name that element’s atomic number.
5. Name one of the last twelve secretaries of state (the person must have had tenure of one month or more – so basically anyone who was only an “acting” secretary-of-state will not be considered a correct answer).
6. As chosen by Rolling Stone (in 2011, I believe), name one of the top 12 guitarists of all time.
Bonus: How many women made the original Top 100 list?
7. Name one of the twelve people shown below, all of whom were born in Houston. You do not need to specify the number of the photo.
(Since I couldn't figure out how to put it here, the photo is at the end of this post.)
8. Name one of Broadway’s twelve longest running shows (Source: Wikipedia, as of June 1, 2014). For your information, the list includes 11 musicals and one revue.
Bonus: How long has that show’s run been (in number of performances, +/- 50)?
9. According to statistics collected by the USGS, name one of the top 12 gold producing countries (in metric tons for 2013).
10. To date, Jack Nicholson has been nominated for a total of twelve Oscars, eight times for best actor and four times for best supporting actor. Name one of these twelve films.
Bonus: For how many of these twelve nominations did Jack win?
11. Name one of the six Tudor monarchs or one of the six wives of Henry VIII.
12. In 1909, Swedish author Selma Ottilia Lovisa Lagerlöf became the first woman to win the Nobel Prize for Literature. Name one of the twelve women who have accomplished that milestone since then.
Bonus: Name the year in which your answer won the prize (+/- 2 years).
Photo for Question 7:
- Houston Smaller.jpg (69.58 KiB) Viewed 2578 times
"Wake up and fight." -- Woody Guthrie