"Push the button" responses are provided in the spoilers following each question, in case you'd like to challenge yourself a bit more. There's no penalty for looking at them, though.
Note: if there are multiple lettered answer choices, you must
tell me which one you’re answering, by giving both the letter and your answer. Please identify answers to bonus questions by writing “bonus”. For example, for question 2 if you thought A was Frodo Baggins and was played by Ian Holm, you’d write:
2. A – Frodo. Bonus: Holm
1. Let’s start off with an easy one. Lost
ran for six seasons. Name a human character with a credited, on-screen appearance in at least one episode in all six seasons. Hint: there are 13
at least 14 possible answers. Of the characters shown in question 2, two
three are correct answers to this question (and Charlie isn't one of them).
2. The show also featured lots and lots of recurring secondary or temporary characters, many of whom made a big impression while they lasted. Name one of the characters shown here (first name is OK). For a -1 bonus, name the actor or actress who portrayed the character you named.
For a larger image, click here
Push the button: A - Charlie
3. All of the DHARMA Initiative stations mentioned on the show have a Dharma Initiative logo, and a name in the form “The ___.” Name one of those stations.
Push the button: The Swan
4. A number of different aircraft and seagoing vessels brought people to the island. Specifically identify one of the aircraft, or one of the named seacraft. (The aircraft need not have a name, but the seacraft must have one – just “the raft” or “outrigger canoe,” for example, isn’t enough.)
Push the button: Oceanic flight 815’s jet
5. Several characters on the island have the surname of a famous scientist, philosopher, or theologian as one of their names (and several share other names too). Name one of them. Fake or assumed names are OK.
Push the button: John Locke
6. And speaking of names, identify someone who used any one of these pseudonyms or false identities. Give the letter first, then your answer. Not all pseudonyms for each character are listed.
A. Dr. Marvin Candle, Dr. Mark Wickmund, Dr. Edgar Halliwax
B. Henry Gale, Dean Moriarty
D. Kate Ryan, Katharine Dodd, Joan Hart
E. Kevin Johnson
F. Keith Johnson
G. Dahlia Choi
H. John Locke, Christian Shepherd
I. Jeremy Bentham
J. Tom Sawyer, Adam Seward
K. Oduduwa Ulu
Push the Button: H – Man in Black
7. The island’s powers miraculously kept most people healthy – but didn’t save them from bizarre deaths. Name character who died (on or off the island) in any of the following ways. (Some letters have more than one character as an answer. Pay attention to any pronouns in the clue.)
A. Fell down a hole, then detonated an atomic warhead by pounding on it with a rock
B. Accidentally blew himself up with very old, unstable dynamite
C. Was stabbed, then fell into a fire where he burned up almost immediately, then apparently came back to life until he burned his own ashes in a campfire
D. Deliberately took a bomb blast to save his friends
E. Hit by a meteor
F. Was shot with a speargun, then swam underwater and blew himself up with a hand grenade
G. After surviving the initial plane crash, died when a second plane he was in fell off a cliff
H. Paralyzed by a spider bite, then mistakenly buried alive
I. Rescued from hanging, only to be strangled by his rescuer a few moments later
J. Sucked into a jet engine
K. Immediately after complaining about having no fire, he was shot in the chest by a flaming arrow
L. Was picked up, thrown around, and smashed by the smoke monster
Push the button: L - Mr. Eko
8. But it wasn't all violence - there was a lot of smooching too. Name a couple who had an on-screen kiss on the island
Push the button: Jin and Sun
9. OK, you know what comes after all that lovey-dovey stuff. Name a baby born to any character during the time periods covered by the show. Both the baby and parent must be named characters and both must appear on screen while the baby is still an infant.
10. The show had a tremendous number of villains and antagonists. Some were just deeply flawed and not always harmful, some were just scary or dangerous, while others were downright evil. Name one of the villains shown here.
For a larger image, click here
11. “The numbers” (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42) kept appearing throughout the series. Name one place they were written, appeared, or were said, used, or heard.
Push the button: Hurley’s lottery ticket
12. Identify one of these buildings or objects, either by name or by its significance in the show. For example, if you were identifying a picture of a lottery ticket, it wouldn’t be enough to say “a lottery ticket” – you’d have to say “Hurley’s winning lottery ticket” (or something similar).
For a larger image, click here.
Push the Button: B – Virgin Mary statue used to smuggle heroin
13. In the finale, Jack enters a church where he sees many people he knew. Other than Jack himself, name one of the people inside the church.
14. In 2005, Lost
won a Prime Time Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series. Name one of the producers credited for that win.
Push the button: J. J. Abrams
Final bonus 1 : In 2010, an epilogue “The New Man in Charge” was released, featuring only four main characters from the show. For a bonus of -2 each, name as many of those four as you can. (Up to four guesses allowed.)
Final bonus 2: In separately released material, DHARMA was revealed to be an acronym. What does it stand for? (-3 points for a fully correct answer, -1 point for getting at least one word correct)