Tuesday, July 22, 2014 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Re: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Volante »

mbclev wrote:
econgator wrote:I can just edit your posts to say whatever I want them to say, so ... go ahead fight! :D
Believe you me, I will fight. And I will get my point across, regardless of my health, because it is the right point. And go ahead and edit if you want to, but the truth will NOT be muzzled.
You'd think getting LeBron back would give him hope for the future for once.

And I don't know if a truther vibe is one you want to put out. Funny how people proclaim themselves defenders of the truth...never defenders of the facts.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): WIthnail & I (7), An Autumn Afternoon (7), Europa Europa (7), Tampopo (9)
mbclev
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by mbclev »

Volante wrote:And I don't know if a truther vibe is one you want to put out. Funny how people proclaim themselves defenders of the truth...never defenders of the facts.
Only if those facts lead to a lie do I defend the truth.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

mbclev wrote:
Volante wrote:And I don't know if a truther vibe is one you want to put out. Funny how people proclaim themselves defenders of the truth...never defenders of the facts.
Ummmm .... what? I know I shouldn't ask, but I can't help it. How do facts lead to a lie?
Lumosityfan
2014 Teen Tournament Champion

Post by Lumosityfan »

I think we should honestly stop all of this partly because I have NO IDEA what this "truth" you guys are speaking about is and partly because, unlike in the case of Diana North, MY SPELLING MISTAKE DIDN'T MATTER! (Remember, I bet nothing.) mbclev, I have no idea what you're rambling about, but please stop. (Yes, I know I may be just feeding another troll, but, alas, this is pretty necessary)(Although I have a feeling he's going to continue)(In which case stop, because it's pointless)
Jeopardizing questions since 2004!
2014 Jeopardy! Teen Tournament Champion
mbclev

Post by mbclev »

econgator wrote:
mbclev wrote:
Ummmm .... what? I know I shouldn't ask, but I can't help it. How do facts lead to a lie?
Your facts through the years about people forgetting to phrase correct DJ or DD responses properly lead to the lie that it didn't cost them the game despite their losing by less than or equal to the turnaround from that mistake. That is what I have been fighting for all these years, and will continue to fight for, despite your criticisms of my view. (Hello, 2013 College Championship Finals!)
Lumosityfan
2014 Teen Tournament Champion

Post by Lumosityfan »

mbclev wrote:
econgator wrote:
mbclev wrote:
Your facts through the years about people forgetting to phrase correct DJ or DD responses properly lead to the lie that it didn't cost them the game despite their losing by less than or equal to the turnaround from that mistake. That is what I have been fighting for all these years, and will continue to fight for, despite your criticisms of my view. (Hello, 2013 College Championship Finals!)
Um, but I bet nothing. So my mistake would not have cost me anything. 'Nugh said.
Jeopardizing questions since 2004!
2014 Jeopardy! Teen Tournament Champion
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

mbclev wrote:Your facts
So you admit they are facts.

I win.

Game over.

QED
mbclev

Post by mbclev »

Lumosityfan wrote:I think we should honestly stop all of this partly because I have NO IDEA what this "truth" you guys are speaking about is and partly because, unlike in the case of Diana North, MY SPELLING MISTAKE DIDN'T MATTER! (Remember, I bet nothing.) mbclev, I have no idea what you're rambling about, but please stop. (Yes, I know I may be just feeding another troll, but, alas, this is pretty necessary)(Although I have a feeling he's going to continue)(In which case stop, because it's pointless)
It didn't matter because you didn't wager anything. Diana's wager ultimately cost her a spot in the semi-finals in 2012, because she would have had $17,600, which would have put her among the wild card entrants (she wagered $3800 on that FJ).
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

For the love of crap, can we just block mbclev already? I'm currently only a few feet from the cattle exhibit at the county fair, and even it has less B. S. than mbclev is capable of producing.
Volante

Post by Volante »

TenPoundHammer wrote:For the love of crap, can we just block mbclev already? I'm currently only a few feet from the cattle exhibit at the county fair, and even it has less B. S. than mbclev is capable of producing.
That can be a fuel, right? The energy crisis is over!!
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): WIthnail & I (7), An Autumn Afternoon (7), Europa Europa (7), Tampopo (9)
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

TenPoundHammer wrote:For the love of crap, can we just block mbclev already? I'm currently only a few feet from the cattle exhibit at the county fair, and even it has less B. S. than mbclev is capable of producing.
TPH, this is why I often stick up for you, at times, you can make the best post on the board.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
alamble

Post by alamble »

The foe function is everybody's friend. I highly recommend judicious use of said function.
Volante

Post by Volante »

alamble wrote:
The foe function is everybody's friend. I highly recommend judicious use of said function.
Doesn't help when he gets quoted.
NYCScribbler
Harbinger of the Outchange

Post by NYCScribbler »

bpmod wrote:
mbclev wrote:... but the truth will NOT be muzzled.
I am thinking that mbclev wouldn't know the truth if it came and bonked him on the head with a club.

Wait a minute! Maybe that's what happened.

Brian
Don't be silly, bp. It was a wooden leg. Someone got frustrated that they couldn't take pictures with it.

(Also, wow. Is the moon in the house of Idée Fixe or something? On a board I mod, I just had to yell at someone to stop beating the dead horse he's been doing terrible things to for more than a year.)
"Who said anything about a horse?!"

"Also, how the bleep did I forget Russia even exists?!"- TPH
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

That's some seriously effective WiFi coverage you've got there! What are you using to post? Android? IPad?
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

NYCScribbler wrote:
bpmod wrote:
mbclev wrote:... but the truth will NOT be muzzled.
I am thinking that mbclev wouldn't know the truth if it came and bonked him on the head with a club.

Wait a minute! Maybe that's what happened.

Brian
Don't be silly, bp. It was a wooden leg. Someone got frustrated that they couldn't take pictures with it.
Oops! Sorry. How could I have forgotten? :oops:

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
lisa0012

Post by lisa0012 »

NYCScribbler wrote: Don't be silly, bp. It was a wooden leg. Someone got frustrated that they couldn't take pictures with it.
Was the wooden leg named Smith?
lieph82

Post by lieph82 »

mbclev, have you ever considered doing a reddit AMA?
mbclev

Post by mbclev »

lieph82 wrote:mbclev, have you ever considered doing a reddit AMA?
I don't know what that is.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Paucle wrote:
That's some seriously effective WiFi coverage you've got there! What are you using to post? Android? IPad?
Laptop. Was watching an exhibit in the fair and the nearby office had its wi-fi network open. I think one of the fair board members knew, because he asked if I was getting a good connection.