Secondary FJ! poll for the 7/21/14 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

How did the 7/23/14 - 7/25/14 FJ! clues go for you?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:01 pm

I have read at least one of "The Hunger Games" books and I was correct on the Wednesday FJ! clue.
28%
I have never read any of "The Hunger Games" books and I was correct on the Wednesday FJ! clue.
33%
I have seen at least one of "The Hunger Games" movies and I was correct on the Wednesday FJ! clue.
37%
I have never seen any of "The Hunger Games" movies and I was correct on the Wednesday FJ! clue.
22%
I have read at least one of the "Harry Potter" books and I was correct on the Thursday FJ! clue.
41%
I have never read any of the "Harry Potter" books and I was correct on the Thursday FJ! clue.
25%
I have seen at least one of the "Harry Potter" movies and I was correct on the Thursday FJ! clue.
49%
I have never seen any of the "Harry Potter" movies and I was correct on the Thursday FJ! clue.
16%
I am a member of Facebook and I was correct on the Friday FJ! clue.
77%
I am not a member of Facebook and I was correct on the Friday FJ! clue.
14%
I have seen the movie "The Social Network" and I was correct on the Friday FJ! clue.
48%
I have never seen the movie "The Social Network" and I was correct on the Friday FJ! clue.
39%
I have both read at least one of the books and seen at least one of the movies in "The Hunger Games" series, yet I missed the Wednesday clue.
3%
I have both read at least one of the books and seen at least one of the movies in the "Harry Potter" series, yet I missed the Thursday clue.
14%
I am both a member of Facebook and I have seen the movie "The Social Network", yet I missed the Friday FJ! clue.
1%
I had at least one 0/3 combo this week of not having read a book/joined Facebook, not having seen a film and missing the relevant FJ! clue.
16%

Total votes: 111

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Secondary FJ! poll for the 7/21/14 week

Post by MarkBarrett »

I decided to make a secondary poll to handle the various combinations for the Wednesday - Friday FJ! clues.
MarkBarrett

Re: Secondary FJ! poll for the 7/21/14 week

Post by MarkBarrett »

Read all, seen all, solved all and member of
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

Missed FB; what a strange name for a freshman! I thought; "Yahoo"
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

I've read all the books, seen the movies except for The Social Network, and am a FB member.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

I...think I got those right. Options started blurring together...

Have not seen/read Hunger Games (Snark side comment: HAVE seen Battle Royale 8-) )
Have seen/read all Harry Potters
No to FB membership
Have not seen Social Network

Went 3/3
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
StevenH
Not J! Contestant Material

Post by StevenH »

I had no idea on the Harry Potter FJ, but I had heard the term and figured that the correct response was from Harry Potter when I saw the clue. I have only seen one of the Harry Potter movies (I forget which one) because my 12th grade English teacher showed it to our class. He also let us watch the first Pirates of the Caribbean and Titanic (yes, he turned the television away from us and fast forwarded through that scene).
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

ElendilPickle wrote:I've read all the books, seen the movies except for The Social Network, and am a FB member.
Ditto (and got all three).
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Never read or seen Hunger Games. I don't think I was aware that they were books first until it came up in a clue not too long ago.

Read Harry Potter up to Goblet of Fire, and saw the first movie, before deciding it wasn't for me.

Been on Facebook about four years, never seen Social Network.
davey

Post by davey »

Not a huge fan of any of the books, but I had to read one (or 3 for HP - I drew the line when they got to be 700 pages) to know...Only saw one HP movie, but I'm interested enough in how HG turns out to see the rest of those movies. I believe I knew about muggles before I ever picked up the book. I barely remembered Katniss's name even though I'm familiar with it.
Not a Facebook fan either, but I have an account. I don't remember the clue's fact from the movie, but I feel like I've read 100 articles that mentioned it.
I've never read or seen any of the Twilight saga, so I guess I'm lucky there was no FJ on that this week!
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Rex Kramer »

I think you should have had as one choice:

I have been a Harvard freshman and I was correct on the Friday FJ! clue

Rex
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Rex Kramer wrote:I think you should have had as one choice:

I have been a Harvard freshman and I was correct on the Friday FJ! clue

Rex
I was going to ask for "I had to read the poll several times to figure out what the hell Mark was asking".

Seriously, a fun poll. I've never seen any of the movies or read any of the books, missed Katniss but got muggle. I am a Facebook member, did not see the movie but got the FJ.

To round out the week, I am a Protestant but missed that one. I have never been to Paris but got the Eiffel Tower.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

I've read all 7 Harry Potter books multiple times (I had a habit of rereading the series every time a new book came out...I'm almost literally having to keep myself from rereading the series again right now until I get a bit farther along my reading list backlog), and seen all 7 movies (also multiple times, even the 4th which I've never been too fond of). After about a year or so of waiting out for various reasons, I finally started reading "The Hunger Games" the day I went to the midnight showing (my family had gotten tickets, they were already huge fans), and eventually read all three. I've seen the two movies. And...I've been a regular FB user since 2008 (though with a 2-year hiatus up until about two months ago). Plus I love "The Social Network" and even bought the DVD to watch it more often.

Basically, all three of those clues, I had a huge head start. Thankfully I used it well. :)
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Rex Kramer »

barandall800 wrote:I've . . . seen all 7 movies (also multiple times, even the 4th which I've never been too fond of). . .
You're in for a treat. There's another movie left to see!

Rex
The Talking Mime

Post by The Talking Mime »

Never seen/read Harry Potter or the Hunger Games, but I have seen The Social Network and am on Facebook.

Ironically, this poll comes a day after a friend recommended I read the Harry Potter series.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."
-Bertrand Russell
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

Rex Kramer wrote:
barandall800 wrote:I've . . . seen all 7 movies (also multiple times, even the 4th which I've never been too fond of). . .
You're in for a treat. There's another movie left to see!

Rex
I never knew! :mrgreen:
Peggles
Grand Exalted Queen of the Universe

Post by Peggles »

I haven't read The Hunger Games and haven't seen the movies. I was pretty sure the clue referred to the heroine of the books, but didn't know the name.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I've read maybe the first 50 pages of the first Harry Potter book and seen bits and pieces of the movies as they've aired on television. I've read none of Suzanne Collins's series nor seen any part of the movie beyond ads. And I've never seen The Social Network but am on Facebook (joined in fall 2004 and was already a little late to the party at that point). Got all three of the related FJs right.
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

Got all three of the FJ's right. I usually miss the contemporary fiction questions on the J! tests, so, when I went for my May 2012 audition in Chicago, I made sure to remember the main character in and author of The Hunger Games (though I don't think it came up). I picked up the archery connection somewhere along the way. I've seen the first four or five Harry Potter movies. Not on Facebook, but I saw The Social Network which I think helped me get the correct response.
dnbguy

Post by dnbguy »

0-fer on the Hunger Games, but I know enough about it to make it a silly miss. I have read/seen Harry Potter, but didn't get muggle either. I got Facebook, though.
gnash
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by gnash »

I think this poll will be hard to interpret because some (many?) people have given logically impossible combinations of answers.

For example, checking "I have seen the movie X and I got it correct", but not checking either "I have read the book X and I got it correct" or "I have not read the book X and I got it correct". Something must be false in this situation.