Millionaire's On Today

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

alietr
Site Admin

Re: Millionaire's On Today

Post by alietr »

Hoist by my own petard. I got a new DVR, and recorded Thursday's episode twice and missed Friday's. Since it's not up on the Bored, can someone fill me in on what happened?
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

alietr wrote:Hoist by my own petard. I got a new DVR, and recorded Thursday's episode twice and missed Friday's. Since it's not up on the Bored, can someone fill me in on what happened?
From Game Show Kingdom:

"Millionaire" 9/19/14
Also starting this season, the contestant no longer walks in immediately right after the host enters the studio.

6. W/ fans known as "hot dogs", Felix Frankfurter from Vienna was the U.S.' last foreign-born what?

A: Supreme Court Justice
B: Five-star general
C: Senate majority leader
D: Secretary of the Treasury

JtQ (A: S.C.J.)- $10K

7. "We do not have green skin, and only some of us have warts" was a quote from a CNN article about what?

A: Why Germans Hate Oktoberfest
B: Why Athletes Hate Easter
C: Why Mexicans Hate Cinco de Mayo
D: Why Wiccans Hate Halloween

Why Wiccans Hate Halloween- HUNDY $48,600

8. What location in "The Walking Dead" is also the former name of Atlanta, where some of the show has been filmed?

A: Terminus
B: Greene Family Farm
C: Woodbury
D: Yellow Jacket Creek

AtA

A: 25%
B: 18%
C: 40%
D: 17%

+1 (Brandon Saunders)
Woodbury- L (first time the +1 was unsuccessful)(A: Terminus)
legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

Is Brandon Brandon Foster-Gray from Invision AKA Fostergray82. I know it's not Brandon Brooks(on WWTBAM a couple of years ago, and won the College tourney on Hollywood Squares in early 2002) because the Brandon on yesterday had a little more hair.
lieph82

Post by lieph82 »

legendneverdies wrote:Is Brandon Brandon Foster-Gray from Invision AKA Fostergray82. I know it's not Brandon Brooks(on WWTBAM a couple of years ago, and won the College tourney on Hollywood Squares in early 2002) because the Brandon on yesterday had a little more hair.
You're losing it (more than usual). Not only does Mark's post give Brandon's last name, Brandon featured prominently on a big game show a lot more recently than that.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

lieph82 wrote:
legendneverdies wrote:Is Brandon Brandon Foster-Gray from Invision AKA Fostergray82. I know it's not Brandon Brooks(on WWTBAM a couple of years ago, and won the College tourney on Hollywood Squares in early 2002) because the Brandon on yesterday had a little more hair.
You're losing it (more than usual). Not only does Mark's post give Brandon's last name, Brandon featured prominently on a big game show a lot more recently than that.
I'll be nice: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=5568
debramc
Iced Mare Grub

Post by debramc »

Lee Ann, first off you did great and were fun to watch, and I'm sorry you weren't able to go further with it. But I have a question - were you not supposed to mention having been on Jeopardy? (either about yourself or Brandon.) To me as a fan, I always think it's cool to find out what other game shows a contestant has been on, and I could have sworn I'd seen it discussed on some show more than once. But perhaps I've only seen J!/Wheel crossover people, which would make sense as they're both Sony shows, but I thought I had seen it also for J! veterans on Millionaire or Millionaire vets on J!
earendel

Post by earendel »

alietr wrote:Hoist by my own petard. I got a new DVR, and recorded Thursday's episode twice and missed Friday's. Since it's not up on the Bored, can someone fill me in on what happened?
Her Friday carryover appearance is on the Bored now.
http://wwtbambored.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48478
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I just now got to see her second episode. I had never heard that name for Atlanta before and would have had no chance. I knew Frankfurter and had the right guess on the next one.

This was the first time I've seen the show in years. Does the host plug his other show every day?

Congrats on making it up there, looks like you had a good time.
earendel

Post by earendel »

Bamaman wrote:I just now got to see her second episode. I had never heard that name for Atlanta before and would have had no chance. I knew Frankfurter and had the right guess on the next one.

This was the first time I've seen the show in years. Does the host plug his other show every day?
Yes. Yes he does. :roll:
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

debramc wrote:Lee Ann, first off you did great and were fun to watch, and I'm sorry you weren't able to go further with it. But I have a question - were you not supposed to mention having been on Jeopardy? (either about yourself or Brandon.) To me as a fan, I always think it's cool to find out what other game shows a contestant has been on, and I could have sworn I'd seen it discussed on some show more than once. But perhaps I've only seen J!/Wheel crossover people, which would make sense as they're both Sony shows, but I thought I had seen it also for J! veterans on Millionaire or Millionaire vets on J!
They knew I had been on Jeopardy, but didn't ask me to mention it. For Brandon, they only wanted me to mention that he was a contestant and how much money he won on the show (which I forgot to say).

I suspect Terry will stop plugging Brooklyn Nine-Nine once their new season starts and he's been hosting for a few more weeks.

I had a lot of fun up until the last question. :(
Johnblue

Post by Johnblue »

I went on a cruise the day your second show aired so I didn't get to see it until today. I echo Golf's complaints about the loudness of the show and the weird enthusiasm shown by the players who came after you. It's almost like they want excited monkeys more than intelligent players. You were a nice exception. I think Terry Crews is great on Brooklyn 99 but he's awful here. I knew the Frankfurter and Atlanta clues instantly so it was hard to watch you get one wrong. I'd love to be on J! sometime but I'm afraid to be on this show!
LeFlaneur
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by LeFlaneur »

Johnblue wrote:I went on a cruise the day your second show aired so I didn't get to see it until today. I echo Golf's complaints about the loudness of the show and the weird enthusiasm shown by the players who came after you. It's almost like they want excited monkeys more than intelligent players. You were a nice exception. I think Terry Crews is great on Brooklyn 99 but he's awful here. I knew the Frankfurter and Atlanta clues instantly so it was hard to watch you get one wrong. I'd love to be on J! sometime but I'm afraid to be on this show!

Except for the cruiseship part I echoJohnblue's sentiments. Jeopardy seems to be a much classier show with alot more questions but a lot less money. Congrats on giving it a good try. I would have to imagine the producers tell you to show a ridiculous amount of enthusium on WWTBAM just because of the way most contestants act. Again, congratulations.
Le Flaneur
lieph82

Post by lieph82 »

Set your DVR's, KJ's trying to reclaim his record again...

http://www.buzzerblog.com/2014/10/27/ke ... mber-14th/
Austin Powers

Post by Austin Powers »

lieph82 wrote:Set your DVR's, KJ's trying to reclaim his record again...

He knows a lot, but he doesn't strike me as being a risk taker. With that said, he'll probably get a decent haul if only because the show will toss him a couple more easy questions than is typical for them.
lieph82

Post by lieph82 »

Austin Powers wrote:

He knows a lot, but he doesn't strike me as being a risk taker. With that said, he'll probably get a decent haul if only because the show will toss him a couple more easy questions than is typical for them.
The guy who didn't go for a million bucks on a 5th grade question doesn't strike you as a risk-taker? Really? :)

On AYSTA5G, KJ was pretty open about his goal being to reclaim the record. This time, if I'm doing the math right, he'll need the million to do so...
Golf

Post by Golf »

Austin Powers wrote: With that said, he'll probably get a decent haul if only because the show will toss him a couple more easy questions than is typical for them.
What an incredibly ignorant comment.
QuizGeek75
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by QuizGeek75 »

If Ken wants to take the title away from Brad for the third time, then he has to play the game perfectly and become the $5,000,000 man.
Just a person who loves game shows.
Austin Powers

Post by Austin Powers »

Golf wrote:
Austin Powers wrote: With that said, he'll probably get a decent haul if only because the show will toss him a couple more easy questions than is typical for them.
What an incredibly ignorant comment.
Smooch!
Austin Powers

Post by Austin Powers »

lieph82 wrote:
Austin Powers wrote:

The guy who didn't go for a million bucks on a 5th grade question doesn't strike you as a risk-taker? Really? :)

On AYSTA5G, KJ was pretty open about his goal being to reclaim the record. This time, if I'm doing the math right, he'll need the million to do so...
He has a brand to protect and it's better served by not missing a question about Ke$ha.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Guinness World Records Week began today, but Ken won't be on until Friday. Today was Erin Lavoie who has a record for most Christmas trees chopped in two minutes.

A Q for Hammer or a warning if you have heart, high blood pressure or temper problems:

The contestant burned both the +1 (so much for two heads are better than one) and Jump lifelines.

The choices:
Spoiler