TD 213: The Cure For Triskaidekaphobia

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Re: TD 213: The Cure For Triskaidekaphobia

Post by RandyG »

mennoknight wrote:Cool beans - I love this new trend of entering via form.
Not sure I'd call it being used twice a trend just yet. There are some definite advantages to the host in using it, but also some minor drawbacks. Overall, positive, though. Anybody else have thoughts or suggestions about it?

Already up to a 1/4 century of submissions (in far, far less than a century.)
Caboom
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Caboom »

RandyG wrote:
Not sure I'd call it being used twice a trend just yet. There are some definite advantages to the host in using it, but also some minor drawbacks. Overall, positive, though. Anybody else have thoughts or suggestions about it?

It's a rift trend! Perhaps even an outchange?
mennoknight

Post by mennoknight »

Thank you - that's what I was looking for! I couldn't remember the term he'd used and also, couldn't be bothered to search through the boards.
I eat chicken. That's what I do.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

Caboom wrote:
RandyG wrote:

Only if our female hosts are using it.
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

Vermonter wrote:
Caboom wrote:
RandyG wrote:

Only if our female hosts are using it.
The question is, is it an outchange for the worse?
RandyG

Post by RandyG »

THE HALF-TIME STATS REPORT

36 players

• 13 questions, each has 13 literal correct answers + 1 wild card correct answer ==> 13 * 14 = 182 total correct answers in the whole TD

42 answers of the 182 total (23%) have not yet been submitted.
38 answers of the 182 total (21%) have been submitted only once....... together, nearly half.

• 5 questions have a sheep total of 5 or less.
• 4 questions have a sheep total of 8 or greater; 10 is the highest.

Overall, seems to be a pretty average distribution both within the TD and compared to other TDs.

Of course, of course, of course...... as always there are several surprising sheep and even more surprisingly low totals. Which ones they are......?????
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

Great job with the game, Randy! I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
RandyG

Post by RandyG »

I'm going to be in an all-day seminar on both Saturday and Sunday, so I'll have limited time to post submission confirmations and respond to questions.

Found out today that my neighborhood street fair -- this Sunday, so I'll have to miss it -- is featuring a Munsters 50th anniversary something-or-other and one of the actors from the show will be there.
TheyCallMeMrKid
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

RandyG wrote:I'm going to be in an all-day seminar on both Saturday and Sunday, so I'll have limited time to post submission confirmations and respond to questions.

Found out today that my neighborhood street fair -- this Sunday, so I'll have to miss it -- is featuring a Munsters 50th anniversary something-or-other and one of the actors from the show will be there.
Wonder who it could be? Can't be too many of them still alive, are there?
Sheepin' it real.
RandyG

Post by RandyG »

TheyCallMeMrKid wrote:
RandyG wrote:I'm going to be in an all-day seminar on both Saturday and Sunday, so I'll have limited time to post submission confirmations and respond to questions.

Well, it's not Willie Aames. ;) Just looked it up: 3, actually.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

TheyCallMeMrKid wrote:

Comment mentions character names from the show. Please do not read if you have not entered.
Spoiler
Fred Gwynne, Yvonne DeCarlo and Al Lewis are all dead. So it is either Butch Patrick or one of the two Marilyns.
TomKBaltimoreBoy
Lucky to be Here

Post by TomKBaltimoreBoy »

Bamaman wrote:
TheyCallMeMrKid wrote:

Comment mentions character names from the show. Please do not read if you have not entered.
Spoiler
Fred Gwynne, Yvonne DeCarlo and Al Lewis are all dead. So it is either Butch Patrick or one of the two Marilyns.
Just to avoid giving unforeseen assistance:
Spoiler
If you live in Wisconsin, make sure it's not Paul Ryan doing a campaign event. He often gets mistaken for Pat Priest. ;)
Life IS pain, Princess. Anyone telling you differently is selling something.
RandyG

Post by RandyG »

About 33 hours to go.....

I think I caught up last night on confirmation PMs. If anybody who's entered hasn't gotten a confirmation with a listing of your answer set, please let me know. I'll be at my seminar again today, so updates and correspondence will be spotty.

STATS REPORT

49 players
182 total correct answers.
24 answers (13%) have not yet been submitted.
28 answers (15%) have been submitted only once....... and a goodly number of 0/1's are not obscure at all.
6 questions have a sheep total of 8 or less.
11 is the highest sheep........ out of 49 players, these are pretty tame sheep totals.
RandyG

Post by RandyG »

When I scheduled my TD for this week -- about 3 months ago -- I didn't suspect that I would be attending an all-weekend conference and also have Monday night Toastmasters. I should have taken these into account when I posted the parameters for the quiz, which I obviously didn't. And then, with the usual last-day flurry of submissions, there's no way that I can have a reveal ready to start tonight and also be present for comments and issues. I'm also using a new scoring spreadsheet, which will probably take me some extra time to re-format and post.

Therefore, what I'd like to do is set a new cutoff of 10:00pm PDT firm -- that's leaves about 8 1/2 hours -- and start the reveal early on Tuesday.

We're up to 63 players. I think I've noted everybody in the participants list. If you submitted your answers and follow-up PM comments late last night or today, I will respond back with a copy of your answers in the next few hours.
Woof

Post by Woof »

RandyG wrote:When I scheduled my TD for this week -- about 3 months ago -- I didn't suspect that I would be attending an all-weekend conference and also have Monday night Toastmasters. I should have taken these into account when I posted the parameters for the quiz, which I obviously didn't. And then, with the usual last-day flurry of submissions, there's no way that I can have a reveal ready to start tonight and also be present for comments and issues. I'm also using a new scoring spreadsheet, which will probably take me some extra time to re-format and post.

Therefore, what I'd like to do is set a new cutoff of 10:00pm PDT firm -- that's leaves about 8 1/2 hours -- and start the reveal early on Tuesday.

We're up to 63 players. I think I've noted everybody in the participants list. If you submitted your answers and follow-up PM comments late last night or today, I will respond back with a copy of your answers in the next few hours.
Slacker! :mrgreen:
RandyG

Post by RandyG »

Woof wrote:
RandyG wrote:When I scheduled my TD for this week -- about 3 months ago -- I didn't suspect that I would be attending an all-weekend conference and also have Monday night Toastmasters. I should have taken these into account when I posted the parameters for the quiz, which I obviously didn't. And then, with the usual last-day flurry of submissions, there's no way that I can have a reveal ready to start tonight and also be present for comments and issues. I'm also using a new scoring spreadsheet, which will probably take me some extra time to re-format and post.

I do it to make the rest of you look better in comparison. ;)
TheyCallMeMrKid

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

RandyG wrote:
Woof wrote:

Greatly appreciated.
Sheepin' it real.
RandyG

Post by RandyG »

Greetings from Gettin' Toasty #147 Toastmasters!

Last call for TD submissions.... 45 minutes.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

RandyG wrote:
Woof wrote:

Randy declined to pay $500 for Vermonter's TD Tracker™ Executive Services™, which would have tabulated the scores on his behalf. ;)
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
RandyG

Post by RandyG »

Vermonter wrote:
RandyG wrote:
Woof wrote:

Randy declined to pay $500 for Vermonter's TD Tracker™ Executive Services™, which would have tabulated the scores on his behalf. ;)
It's already been affirmed that I'm a slacker.... so what'dya expect? Now if you had offered to run a dynamic and memorable reveal as well, that might have made a difference.

----------------------------------

OK, time's up. Looks like 70 victims. Be back on Tuesday. :)