Is there a Thanksgiving Day Jeopardy Episode?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

TheyCallMeMrKid
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Is there a Thanksgiving Day Jeopardy Episode?

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

My local listing on the DirecTV menu is showing a REPLAY of the Macy's Parade in the usual Jeopardy time slot! Assuming there is a show that I am missing, but thinking maybe there is a small chance that they don't do an episode for Thanksgiving Day, assuming it will be pre-empted by other programming? Can anyone answer this question?
Sheepin' it real.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: Is there a Thanksgiving Day Jeopardy Episode?

Post by Bamaman »

Yes, they do have new episodes for today and tomorrow. Your local station may have moved it to another time.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

E-mail the station asking if pre-empted Jeopardy! will be re-aired.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Robert K S wrote:E-mail the station asking if pre-empted Jeopardy! will be re-aired.
I know my Friday ep is airing Sunday afternoon at 2PM.
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by jeff6286 »

If anyone gets J! at 7:00 on an ABC affiliate, such as NYC, be warned that ABC has college football Friday at 3:30, scheduled to run until 7:00, but a slow game, or particularly an overtime game could run into Jeopardy! time. Most likely if the game runs 10-15 minutes over, they'll join the show in progress, but if by some chance the whole thing gets wiped out, don't know if they would try to come up with a time to air it.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

econgator wrote:
Robert K S wrote:E-mail the station asking if pre-empted Jeopardy! will be re-aired.
I know my Friday ep is airing Sunday afternoon at 2PM.
We aren't getting a tape delay here for Friday.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Thankfully, my episodes are scheduled to air as usual. It appears that Thanksgiving is not as big a disruption to Buffalo's scheduling as snow is.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

NBC has a hockey game scheduled to air until 4PM EST, FOX has a college football game scheduled to air until 7PM EST, CBS has a college football game scheduled to air until 6PM EST, and ABC has a college football game scheduled to air until 6:30PM EST tonight. J! may face some preemptions(as will WOF) tonight, particularly if one of more the college football games goes into overtime.
Spaceman Spiff
One-and-done J! Champ (and proud of it!)

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

bpmod wrote:Thankfully, my episodes are scheduled to air as usual. It appears that Thanksgiving is not as big a disruption to Buffalo's scheduling as snow is.

Brian
BTW -- good luck with the Ti-Cats this weekend!!
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:BTW -- good luck with the Ti-Cats this weekend!!
Thanks for that.

Although we atarted the season 1-6, we managed to finish number 1 in the east (which, of course, isn't saying much), and we are probably the only team in professional sports not to have lost a game on our home field since the 2012 season. And making it to the Grey Cup two years in a row is a good thing, even if we don't prevail.

Incidentally, the last time we won the Grey Cup (1999), we played Calgary in Vancouver. We are hoping for a similar result this time around.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

bpmod wrote:Thankfully, my episodes are scheduled to air as usual. It appears that Thanksgiving is not as big a disruption to Buffalo's scheduling as snow is.

Brian
And the really good news is WIVB is back on schedule, so I'm good to go. I was having my doubts when I tuned into the 6 o'clock news and found the football game still going.

Brian

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

bpmod wrote:

Brian
And the really good news is WIVB is back on schedule, so I'm good to go. I was having my doubts when I tuned into the 6 o'clock news and found the football game still going.

Brian
"We now interrupt this pointless display of macho athleticism to bring you some intellectually stimulating programming."
Johnny Gilbert: "This! Is! Jeopardy!"
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
OrangeSAM
(Unranked)

Post by OrangeSAM »

bpmod wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:BTW -- good luck with the Ti-Cats this weekend!!
Thanks for that.

Although we atarted the season 1-6, we managed to finish number 1 in the east (which, of course, isn't saying much), and we are probably the only team in professional sports not to have lost a game on our home field since the 2012 season. And making it to the Grey Cup two years in a row is a good thing, even if we don't prevail.

Incidentally, the last time we won the Grey Cup (1999), we played Calgary in Vancouver. We are hoping for a similar result this time around.

Brian
Sorry, So close.
OCSam
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

It's not so much that we lost. It's the way we lost. If this league could only get some unbiased officiating, Hamilton would stand more than a snowball's chance in hell.

"Oh, no! We can't let Hamilton win on a 90 yard punt return! Throw a flag and make up some silly infraction! Call it back! Call it back!"

I don't know how, but it is probably worse than the game against Toronto (Week 18, iirc): "Oh, damn! Hamilton stopped Toronto on the three yard line; there's no time left on the clock and Toronto's GM says that they want a win. Somebody throw a flag. We can say Hamilton was offside or some other such thing. Give Toronto a first down on the three."

But, unlike certain people, I will get over it.

Brian

HeathenBenny
Working On The Age Requirement

Post by HeathenBenny »

Out of curiosity, is there a Christmas episode? A New Year's episode? Or does Jeopardy know no holidays?
Aspiring sportscaster. If you like sports, you might like my twitter: www.twitter.com/bennybxb
"I don’t spend any time whatsoever thinking about what might have been." ~Alex Trebek
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

HeathenBenny wrote:Out of curiosity, is there a Christmas episode? A New Year's episode? Or does Jeopardy know no holidays?
There are new episodes every single weekday from the start of the season through the end of the season. Holidays do not matter. Different markets will have preemptions for various reasons. J! is on somewhere though.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

bpmod wrote:But, unlike certain people, I will get over it.
Sorry, you won't.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

econgator wrote:
Sorry, you won't.
Luckily Brian has friends like us to remind him about this every time we see him.
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

jeff6286 wrote:
econgator wrote:
Sorry, you won't.
Luckily Brian has friends like us to remind him about this every time we see him.
He will remember it FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Luckily! :lol:

Brian