TD 222: Worst. TD. Ever.

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Category 13
Wagering Viking

Re: Think Different 222: Worst. TD. Ever.

Post by Category 13 »

BobF wrote: Yeah, those two were my first choices as well. But I know 7, 8 and 11 and can make a reasonable guess at 3, 4.
I was going to say question (12) also, but I can only come up with the most obvious answer off the top of my head.
TheyCallMeMrKid
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

Category 13 wrote:
BobF wrote: Yeah, those two were my first choices as well. But I know 7, 8 and 11 and can make a reasonable guess at 3, 4.
I was going to say question (12) also, but I can only come up with the most obvious answer off the top of my head.
I can answer 5 and I might be able to come up with one for 6. So that leaves us with 2,10,12---1 drop per person--we are there! :lol:
Sheepin' it real.
gnash
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by gnash »

Vanya wrote:
Turd Ferguson wrote: "Worst choice" does not mean "worst movie to win".
In my universe, that's exactly what it means.
Jacques Chirac in 2002 was probably the worst candidate to win a presidential election in France's Fifth Republic, but he was also the most uncontroversially best choice in any final stage of those elections.
StevenH
Not J! Contestant Material

Post by StevenH »

Bump, with a little over 4 days to go.
BobF
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by BobF »

gnash wrote:
Vanya wrote:
Jacques Chirac in 2002 was probably the worst candidate to win a presidential election in France's Fifth Republic, but he was also the most uncontroversially best choice in any final stage of those elections.
Sounds like some of the recent US presidential elections. Plenty of good candidates never make the final two because lots of idealogues control the primaries.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
Vanya
The support is non-zero

Post by Vanya »

gnash wrote:
Vanya wrote:
I was making a comment on Forrest Gump, not Turd's assertion in general. I don't follow French politicians, except when they have hot wives.
StevenH

Re: TD 222: Worst. TD. Ever.

Post by StevenH »

Time for another bump, with a little over 3 days to go. 18 brave souls have entered; you could be the 19th!
StevenH

Post by StevenH »

Bump, with a little over 2 days to go.
StevenH

Post by StevenH »

Bump, with a little over 30 hours to go to get your entries in.
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

Okay, I submitted my answers. I come into this game with very low expectations.

StephenH, I love sports, but I'm not a big NBA fan (I live in Pistons country). Could you identify the combatants depicted in your avatar?
Caboom

Post by Caboom »

Blue Lion wrote:Okay, I submitted my answers. I come into this game with very low expectations.

StephenH, I love sports, but I'm not a big NBA fan (I live in Pistons country). Could you identify the combatants depicted in your avatar?
That would be Metta World Peace (Ron Artest at the time of the picture), and probably two coaches trying to calm him down. If you're a Pistons fan, you should know the "event" the picture is from.
StevenH

Post by StevenH »

Caboom wrote:
Blue Lion wrote:Okay, I submitted my answers. I come into this game with very low expectations.

That would be Metta World Peace (Ron Artest at the time of the picture), and probably two coaches trying to calm him down. If you're a Pistons fan, you should know the "event" the picture is from.
This is correct. The "event" that it is from is the 2004 Pacers-Pistons brawl, which has also come to be known as the "Malice at the Palace." I changed my avatar to honor its 10th anniversary (November 19th).

Also, we are now up to 26 entries, with about 8 hours to go.
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

StevenH wrote: This is correct. The "event" that it is from is the 2004 Pacers-Pistons brawl, which has also come to be known as the "Malice at the Palace." I changed my avatar to honor its 10th anniversary (November 19th).
Now I can't believe I derped on that image. It was shown at the top of a Grantland.com oral history of the brawl, published in 2012.

On Christmas Day 2004, five weeks after the brawl, the Pistons hosted a nationally-televised game. There were no incidents, perhaps because state law at the time prohibited the sale of alcohol on Christmas.
StevenH

Post by StevenH »

I thought that I'd give this one last bump.

We're up to my goal of 30 entries now, with about an hour and a half to go. More entries are welcome.
StevenH

Post by StevenH »

1. In 2008, Comcast released a list of their picks for the top ten worst reality television show winners of all time. Because of the way that Comcast compiled the list there were actually more than ten people who made it onto the list, and the names of ten of the individuals who were picked are listed below. Pick* any one of the “bad” reality show winners who is listed below AND identify** the reality show that he or she won. *NOTE 1: For this question you must specify which of the ten names you are referring to with your response, and the person and the reality show that they won must match correctly. **NOTE 2: You do NOT have to specify which season or incarnation of the reality show was won by the person; I only need the name of the person (or their letter below) and the name of the television series.

a) Flo Pesenti
b) Ilan Hall
c) Jeffrey Sebelia
d) Kelly Perdew
e) Lukas Rossi
f) Mike “Boogie” Malin
g) Saleisha Stowers
h) Shayne Lamas
i) Taylor Hicks
j) Vecepia Towery

i) American Idol--11
gamawire
Peggles
Tpmorrison
Creed Bratton
ElendilPickle
dott888
Woppy T
sethmoko
Blue Lion
jkbrat
Randy G

b) Top Chef--3
lieph82
mennoknight
tjconn728

d) The Apprentice--2
mujason
ThreeIfByAir

c) Project Runway--2
Lampy
lpmastor

j) Survivor--2
Holocene Hero
CheezeWhiz

a) The Amazing Race--2
dnbguy
Tigershark

SHEEP--2
econgator
goatman

g) America’s Next Top Model--1
ihavejeoprosy

f) Big Brother--1
TheyCallMeMrKid

e) Rock Star--1
MarkBarrett

DROP
geolawyerman
goforthetie
Woof
whatisbishkek

INCORRECT--16
bleezy (d. The Biggest Loser)

Correct Answers Not Used
h) The Bachelor
lieph82

Post by lieph82 »

I had all of these and picked the (sorta) wrong one I guess. Most of them really weren't so bad; Vecepia and Kelly in particular are underrated. Flo, on the other hand, really was that bad.
StevenH

Post by StevenH »

lieph82 wrote:I had all of these and picked the (sorta) wrong one I guess. Most of them really weren't so bad; Vecepia and Kelly in particular are underrated. Flo, on the other hand, really was that bad.
The Comcast list actually had "all the winners of The Apprentice after season 1." I just picked one of those post season 1 winners and used them for the question; I have never seen an episode of the show.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

lieph82 wrote:I had all of these and picked the (sorta) wrong one I guess.
I, on the other hand, with my extreme hatred of most all reality shows had only heard of 1 (Hicks). SHEEP for the win!
StevenH

Post by StevenH »

2. Give the name of a sculpture* that was created by Donatello (1386-1466), Gian Lorenzo Bernini (1598-1680), Andrea del Verrocchio (1435-1488), or Benvenuto Cellini (1500-1571).** *NOTE 1: Sculptures that have the same title but were sculpted in different materials will count together as one response. **NOTE 2: You do NOT have to specify which sculptor you are referring to with your answer, and titles that were done by more than one of the four sculptors will count together as one response.

David--11
gamawire
lieph82
Tpmorrison
Creed Bratton
goatman
Holocene Hero
mennoknight
ElendilPickle
sethmoko
Blue Lion
Tigershark

SHEEP--3
MarkBarrett
Woppy T
whatisbishkek

Madonna with Child--2
bleezy
goforthetie

The Ecstasy of St. Teresa--2
mujason
ihavejeoprosy

Fountain of the Four Rivers--2
CheezeWhiz
jkbrat

Saint Mark--1
Peggles

St. Peter’s Baldachin--1
Lampy

Medusa--1
Woof

DROP
econgator
dnbguy
ThreeIfByAir
lpmastor
Randy G

INCORRECT--16
geolawyerman (Pieta—was done by Michelangelo)
dott888 (The Thinker—was done by Rodin)
tjconn728 (Gates of Paradise—were done by Ghiberti)
TheyCallMeMrKid (Pieta)

Correct Answers Not Given
several

Leader Board after Question 2
Woof --1
econgator--2
goforthetie--2
dnbguy--2
ThreeIfByAir--2
lpmastor--2
Lampy--3
ihavejeoprosy--3
whatisbishkek--3
MarkBarrett--4
mujason--4
CheezeWhiz--4
Randy G--11
Peggles--12
goatman--13
Holocene Hero--13
jkbrat--13
Tigershark--13
lieph82--14
mennoknight--14
Woppy T--14
geolawyerman--16
TheyCallMeMrKid--17
bleezy--18
tjconn728--19
gamawire--22
Tpmorrison--22
Creed Bratton--22
ElendilPickle--22
sethmoko--22
Blue Lion--22
dott888--27
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

StevenH wrote:
lieph82 wrote:I had all of these and picked the (sorta) wrong one I guess. Most of them really weren't so bad; Vecepia and Kelly in particular are underrated. Flo, on the other hand, really was that bad.
The Comcast list actually had "all the winners of The Apprentice after season 1." I just picked one of those post season 1 winners and used them for the question; I have never seen an episode of the show.
I could not remember Supernova, so I was thankful the wording of the Q made it clear just Rock Star would work. Yes, wrong winner with Lukas Rossi. J.D. Fortune won Rock Star: INXS for the better winner of the two seasons.

I had no problem with Vecepia winning from the choices at final tribal council, Boogie had better have won that season of BB (what a mess the outchangers made of that season) and Kelly was a lot better than some choices Mr. Trump made in later seasons. Taylor Hicks won season 5 of Idol from his audition The teenage girls with nothing better to do during the four hour voting window have brought home the title for poorer choices than Taylor over Kat McPhee in later seasons.

If S19: Samoa- Natalie White had been a choice I would have been unable to resist going for that one.

This TD is off to a great start with my kind (and lieph's) kind of Q. It will be downhill from here.