LL 69 Referrals

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Re: LL 69 Referrals

Post by goatman »

mrparadise wrote:If there's a spot remaining and someone will take a chance on me I'd be honored to join the illustrious LL ranks.
I referred mrparadise but several Llamas still have referrals available, 3 days left to register!! :!: :idea:
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!
arjavrawal
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by arjavrawal »

Cat Hammarskjold wrote:Okay, I've referred Arjav.
Thanks again!

Quick question -- how long does it usually take for the emails? Should I have received mine by now?
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

The last call for referrals was actually last week. According to the LL website, the final rookie invitations were sent on May 14, so Arjav and others, you may be out of luck.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

nightreign wrote:The last call for referrals was actually last week. According to the LL website, the final rookie invitations were sent on May 14, so Arjav and others, you may be out of luck.
Correct. Last referral date was 5/14. You have to register by the 19th.
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

mrparadise wrote:If there's a spot remaining and someone will take a chance on me I'd be honored to join the illustrious LL ranks.
You've been referred, but still have to REGISTER NLT 19th! I'm showing you still unregistered in my referral que, go to http://learnedleague.com/register.php?ll69 and enter the code from Thorsten! :!:
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

econgator wrote:
nightreign wrote:The last call for referrals was actually last week. According to the LL website, the final rookie invitations were sent on May 14, so Arjav and others, you may be out of luck.
Correct. Last referral date was 5/14. You have to register by the 19th.
Should still be able to get onboard if you sent a referral Thorsten can invite you to LL, but you gotta register for LL69 by the COB 19th @5PM GMT which is noon EST, 0900 PST! Good luck!
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

So now that the referral period is over, I'm going to go ahead and say it. While I feel it's less true for the group here, I thought the whole idea of referrals was that you knew, and were vouching for, the person you referred. That you were comfortable they weren't going to forfeit or cheat. Offering them up wholesale and sight unseen is not consistent with that basic premise of LL. And might be why it seems to be having growing pains.
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

alietr wrote:So now that the referral period is over, I'm going to go ahead and say it. While I feel it's less true for the group here, I thought the whole idea of referrals was that you knew, and were vouching for, the person you referred. That you were comfortable they weren't going to forfeit or cheat. Offering them up wholesale and sight unseen is not consistent with that basic premise of LL. And might be why it seems to be having growing pains.
I phone interview my referrals. When I get a warm fuzzy feeling, you get a referral. Folks that don't follow up, nonresponders and wafflers are not referred. You gotta want it! :ugeek:
Nat27
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by Nat27 »

Hey guys, I'd love the opportunity for a referral. I've been a contestant on Who wants to be a millionaire, and I'm active in local trivia groups as well as on Quizup. I would love to finally get a chance to start out in learned league. Please PM me if you're willing to give me a shot.

Thanks!
SBurrus
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by SBurrus »

I have yet to refer anyone...but if someone needs one, you can shoot me a PM.
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

BUMP and post for LL70 referrals now open! PM for intro offer! ;)
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

I'm going to start a new thread for LL 70 referrals.