LL69: for the LLama Drama

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Re: LL69: for the LLama Drama

Post by Woof »

ElendilPickle wrote:
nightreign wrote:Well, with a 2(2)-0(1) win yesterday, I have officially clinched a promotion. This is exciting and scary all at the same time. I'm proud of myself, though. I fought through a bad start to finish strong, played really good defense (Magnolia Sandra leaderboard woooo!) and managed to become a little more confident in myself. Now, all we have is
ONE DAY MORE
ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER DESTINY
THIS NEVERENDING ROAD TO CALVARY

(I had to.)

Good luck on the last day, everybody!
Do not throw away your shot.

(I had to, too.)
Good luck to you today. As I said to Randy earlier this season, may the best boardie win! The only thing I'm contending for these days is a possible Sandra.
Armandillo
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Armandillo »

I had a horrible season. Today will decide if I finish with a winning record or a losing one. The tension is palpable.
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

LL was quite slow for me this morning. I submitted my answers and waited. And waited. Finally I refreshed and saw that my submission went through.
I need to win and have at least two of the five people with 20 or 21 points lose today in order to avoid relegation. I'm five games under .500, but my point differential is only -3! Yesterday I exceeded the 100 TMP mark for the fourth straight season, so there's that.
Hoping for a third lap
teapot37

Post by teapot37 »

dhkendall wrote:TBH I thought Lutetium was named after the Latin name for France so I got it that way.

Let's hear it for wrong methodology leading to right results!
Yep, "Lutetia" was the name of the ancient city that eventually became Paris.
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

I got the France question right, but I was later wondering if there was any reasonable way to say that Rhenium is named after Germany.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

BulgarianBeast wrote:I am cheering for you today bamaman! Don't let me down! :) I need to win today, and a tie by one of my two opponents to make it into a C rundle. Considering I had a direct matchup on MD25 in my rookie rundle to get into C and lost it, this might be deja vu... :shock:
I'll try my best. Well, I've already submitted, so I tried my best. Yes, after flirting with the promotion zone, a three game losing streak leaves me in a spoiler role as the season draws to a close. I do have motivation as a win or tie puts me over .500 for the season and a top half finish overall. I'm in 13th out of 26 right now.

I lost 6(3)-3(3) yesterday/ My opponent's second worst subject is classical music and third worst is pop.So he's not into music, let's give him three for the instrument. So of course he gets it.

I got credit for Latrec.I also got France and Blindspot, even though I've never watched it.
CrunchyTaco

Post by CrunchyTaco »

Bamaman wrote:
I lost 6(3)-3(3) yesterday/ My opponent's second worst subject is classical music and third worst is pop.So he's not into music, let's give him three for the instrument. So of course he gets it.
Thank you King of the Hill for introducing me to Chuck Mangione. I was hoping you would give me 3 for that question because of my low music scores.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

I originally put own Flugel for Sax last week before cluing in to the right answer, and now I'm wishing I had decided to learn more about the flugelhorn. My guess was cornet. I also went with Germany over France with the idea that aluminum might be named for Alemania. Gall/gallium never crossed my mind. I was proud of myself for sussing out the Venus Rosewater Dish, which maybe oughta be renamed the Serena Rosewater Dish at this point. It's the trophy awarded (well, sort of...as the question implied, it doesn't leave the All England Club) to the Wimbledon women's singles champion.
I also got Union Pacific and Toulous-Lautrec, but that was only good enough for a 5(3)-6(4) loss. Luckily, I had enough things go my way in other matches to guarantee me third place in Horizon B (yay!) and promotion to Horizon A next for LL70 (shudder).

Good luck to everyone on MD25! May the WAGs be ever in your favor.
Sprinkles are for winners.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

CrunchyTaco wrote:
Bamaman wrote:
Thank you King of the Hill for introducing me to Chuck Mangione. I was hoping you would give me 3 for that question because of my low music scores.
Glad I could help.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:Gall/gallium never crossed my mind.
Even after submitting and seeing I was correct, it took me a good 5 minutes to figure out why I was correct.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

dhkendall wrote:TBH I thought Lutetium was named after the Latin name for France so I got it that way.

Let's hear it for wrong methodology leading to right results!
Maybe that's what I was trying to think of to add to francium.
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

Reprinted from the awards section of TD243 on 1970's Pop Music..... without comment.

ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

Woof wrote:
ElendilPickle wrote:
nightreign wrote:Well, with a 2(2)-0(1) win yesterday, I have officially clinched a promotion. This is exciting and scary all at the same time. I'm proud of myself, though. I fought through a bad start to finish strong, played really good defense (Magnolia Sandra leaderboard woooo!) and managed to become a little more confident in myself. Now, all we have is
ONE DAY MORE
ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER DESTINY
THIS NEVERENDING ROAD TO CALVARY

(I had to.)

Good luck on the last day, everybody!
Do not throw away your shot.

(I had to, too.)
Good luck to you today. As I said to Randy earlier this season, may the best boardie win! The only thing I'm contending for these days is a possible Sandra.
Thank you! Unless something really horrible happens today, I think I'm safe from relegation.
TheyCallMeMrKid

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

RandyG wrote:Reprinted from the awards section of TD243 on 1970's Pop Music..... without comment.

I knew there was a reason I got this one!

I had also guessed "pflugel" for the sax question.
Sheepin' it real.
RandyG

Post by RandyG »

TheyCallMeMrKid wrote:
RandyG wrote:Reprinted from the awards section of TD243 on 1970's Pop Music..... without comment.

I knew there was a reason I got this one!

I had also guessed "pflugel" for the sax question.
Would have been really embarrassing if I had missed it.
RandyG

Post by RandyG »

ElendilPickle wrote: .

Thank you! Unless something really horrible happens today, I think I'm safe from relegation.
That would have to be something other-worldly, considering you're 7 points above the highest relegation slot.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

From "Prisoner of Trebekistan" by Bob Harris.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

8th for me in Continental R with 97 TCA - On to Rundle C next season. 13/13 in Games/Sports, so whenever I do miss one in there I'm hopeful it will only cost me a 0. :)
colonialrampage
Valued Contributor

Post by colonialrampage »

MarkBarrett wrote:8th for me in Continental R with 97 TCA - On to Rundle C next season. 13/13 in Games/Sports, so whenever I do miss one in there I'm hopeful it will only cost me a 0. :)
Due mostly to luck I finished one spot above you MarkBarrett but I'm glad you're moving up to C also! For a while there I feared it was going to come down to one or the other of us!
Woof

Post by Woof »

MinnesotaMyron wrote:Image

From "Prisoner of Trebekistan" by Bob Harris.
Crud. I read that book and still said Cornet. Bah!