LL69: for the LLama Drama

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: LL69: for the LLama Drama

Post by MarkBarrett »

cbec wrote:B Continental for me. I don't recognize any of the names, so I have no idea if there are any other boardies in the rundle.
Yes, there are boardies in your rundle and some of them have also appeared on J!
thethirdmoose
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by thethirdmoose »

My first time in LL, Horizon R2 (VachaspatiP)! And, I suppose, my only LL before my J! appearance.
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

A-Mag looks almost homely with all the familiar names. Or at least it will until I get beaten. Best of luck all boardies!
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Lesse, in A Continental we have the usual cast of characters: bomtr, Randy G, slam, Kirk, ElemdilPickle and yours truly. Superstar Ronin Lampy has apparently moved on to greener pastures (the rather in aptly named A Tundra), freeing a little space up at the top of our Rundle.
CrunchyTaco
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by CrunchyTaco »

dhkendall wrote: Looks like 4 boardies to me: myself (KendallDH), WatsonG (bamaman), YanevA (BulgarianBeast), as well as Crunchy Taco per his comment on the thread (I don't know his LL name though). Good luck! (Except on the last day, though! ;) )
I'm PatinoF.
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

I'd just like to mention to all of the rookies that they are eligible to play the 1DS tournaments this weekend and have their scores count. I'm wondering how PauA will do on Just Images: Musical Notation. The questions will be up until 9AM Pacific/noon Eastern on Monday.
JillyJill
2016 Teachers Tournament

Post by JillyJill »

SlickRick87 wrote:R Central Div 1, here.

Pretty solid crew in there.
You can say that again! I'm joining you in that rundle and many of the names look familiar from Jeopardy! It will be nice to have my first LL experience start during the summer when I have more time to obsess over the defensive positions and strain my brain to answer the questions.

Good luck to you!
pauerpoint
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by pauerpoint »

Cat Hammarskjold wrote:I'd just like to mention to all of the rookies that they are eligible to play the 1DS tournaments this weekend and have their scores count. I'm wondering how PauA will do on Just Images: Musical Notation. The questions will be up until 9AM Pacific/noon Eastern on Monday.
Thanks Cat! Just took it.
geolawyerman
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by geolawyerman »

I'll be in R Maritime this season. Don't recognize many names.
2016 Teen Tournament contestant
mrparadise

Post by mrparadise »

Another rookie here. R Horizon Div 1. My thanks to Goatman for the referral. Looking forward to the competition. Good luck to all.
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

geolawyerman wrote:I'll be in R Maritime this season. Don't recognize many names.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Nikhil Desai finishes in one of the positions to get promoted to a B rundle. On the other hand, none of the other names look familiar and there may be some unknown good players.
colonialrampage
Valued Contributor

Post by colonialrampage »

I'm in R Continental also (WarwickB on LL) and based on what I've seen in this thread I've been tossed in with rookies in name only!
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

mrparadise wrote:Another rookie here. R Horizon Div 1. My thanks to Goatman for the referral. Looking forward to the competition. Good luck to all.
Welcome to LL and good luck! Win-win whether you win or lose, you learn a lot!! :idea:
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

MarkBarrett wrote:
goatman wrote:Rundle A Horizon.
In Rundle A Horizon, the Rundle Champion qualifies for the live annual LL Rundle Championship, in Las Vegas in August.
Yeah, well good luck with that! Last rundle in '68 I was leading for a surprising run based on lucky wheelhouses, a forfeit and improbably good defense, which all failed in the last five days... :(

I don't know anyone's name or flag so no idea who's in it with me. Good luck to us all! :)
Curious, I looked at your rundle. I've met 8 in person and throw in real time online trivia interactions it goes to at least a dozen. The gamut goes from S1 J! champ to J! TOC champ to millions won with Regis to beating the Beast with a FJ! round heartbreak and KJL in there as well.
Wowie-zowie... so I can look fwd to moving to B Rundle after this eh?! LOL will be great fun at least!
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!
bengland
Jeopardy! Toker

Post by bengland »

goatman wrote:Wowie-zowie... so I can look fwd to moving to B Rundle after this eh?! LOL will be great fun at least!
The fight to avoid relegation is always intense. Who are you in A-Hor goatman? You should be able to figure out who I am.
Last edited by bengland on Sun May 22, 2016 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
skullturf
Married to a Jeopardy! Champion

Post by skullturf »

A Central here.

There are some names I recognize from Jeopardy!, but I am not sure whether I see any boardies there.

I know seaborgium and JyV92 have been in A Central in the recent past. (They're currently in B, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see myself back down in B in the near future.)
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

skullturf wrote:A Central here.

There are some names I recognize from Jeopardy!, but I am not sure whether I see any boardies there.

I know seaborgium and JyV92 have been in A Central in the recent past. (They're currently in B, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see myself back down in B in the near future.)
There are at least 7 with J! experience and you can put their last name into the Archive to get their handle here. The boardies in your rundle have varying levels of participation here. There's also a boardie who won big on another game show in your rundle.
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

econgator wrote:Same as last year -- C Pac 2.
Me too, and Volante.
BRD-98
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by BRD-98 »

D Badlands Div 2 here, while my referral is already up to B Bad in his second season. :oops:
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

BRD-98 wrote:D Badlands Div 2 here, while my referral is already up to B Bad in his second season. :oops:
It looks like you get to play against my two referrals who aren't RawalA, while I have to play against your referral.