TD 311 - "Name's the Same" - Now the EC Info.

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

jwatcher16
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: TD 311 - "Name's the Same" - Now the EC Info.

Post by jwatcher16 »

Peachbox wrote:Thanks for hosting this fun TD, jwatcher16. I shall wear my silver medal proudly. :D
You're quite welcome, Peachbox. Enjoy that medal. And thanks again for that CA TD.

Cheers!
jwatcher16
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jwatcher16 »

lindap wrote:Sorry, I should have been clearer. I had already checked when I posted; I just meant that when I saw "stitches" I thought of Johnson & Johnson, then Samuel Johnson, then figured the question was being clever and this had to be correct. Again, I apologize for causing you extra aggravation.
Hi lindap -

Not to worry about causing any "extra aggravation", no apology needed at all. I'd rather make sure everything is done accurately - and I learned something... There's a R.W. Johnson University Hospital and affiliated Medical School here in NJ - and I had wondered where that name came from.

Cheers!
jwatcher16
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jwatcher16 »

CailinGaoilge wrote:Congratulations to Coachgold, and many thanks to jwatcher16 for a really enjoyable TD! I got a few more sheep than I'd hoped for, but them's the breaks ;) Looking forward to the next one!
Hi CailinGaoilge -

So glad you enjoyed it. Ya gotta watch out for those sheep for sure!

And absolutely many congrats for coachgold and the other podium finishers. And thanks to all participants.

Cheers!
jwatcher16
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jwatcher16 »

BobF wrote:Yay! I pulled out of the bottom 10 with a drop and a "pull the answer out of you know where" extra credit!

Thanks for the game jwatcher! You're a good kitty! :-) And congratulations to coachgold!

As for why I said Sue, I know the song well and was hoping nobody would associate that name with a clue that was obviously about a male.
Hi there BobF -

Glad that ec helped you out! And thanks for your kind words.

Your reasoning about "Sue" was quite interesting. I'm not sure how they came up with that name for the t-rex skeleton, but I did come across the story of the song (written by Shel Silverstein) in preparing this.

And thanks again for editing.

Cheers!
jwatcher16
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jwatcher16 »

Magna wrote:Thanks for the fun TD! Congratulations to everyone!
You're quite welcome.

Glad you found it fun :D

Thanks to you and everyone for participating.

Cheers!
jwatcher16
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jwatcher16 »

sillymonkey wrote:Thanks, JWatcher16 for a very accessible and fun TD.
I thoroughly enjoyed my 1st place standing for most of the TD - a very unfamiliar place for me. I'm happy with my top 5 at the finish.
Congratulations to Coachgold and the other medal winners!
My pleasure, sillymonkey and glad you found it enjoyable and accessible, and that you finished on a happy note.

And congrats to the medalists indeed!

Cheers!
jwatcher16
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jwatcher16 »

coachgold wrote:Had a great time with this one, and pulled off my first win! Congrats to the other podium finishers and to everyone who participated in a great TD! :D
Ah, the man of the hour!
Extra congrats on this being your first win.

I echo your congrats to the other podium finishers and participants. :D

Cheers!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

I Survived TD #311 and all I got was this ... pretty awesomely unique T-shirt.

Thanks jwatcher! As you might have noticed, I rarely participate in TDs any more, partly due to my schedule. I make exceptions for ones that I think are easy and straightforward to play and have great questions that I would enjoy trying to answer. Yours hit all the buttons.

Look forward to your next one!
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
jwatcher16
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jwatcher16 »

dhkendall wrote:I Survived TD #311 and all I got was this ... pretty awesomely unique T-shirt.

Thanks jwatcher! As you might have noticed, I rarely participate in TDs any more, partly due to my schedule. I make exceptions for ones that I think are easy and straightforward to play and have great questions that I would enjoy trying to answer. Yours hit all the buttons.

Look forward to your next one!
Hello dhkendall -

Well, glad to be of service in hosting this TD that enticed your entry! I know schedules can get busy and it's cool that you took the time to participate.

Glad you liked the "t-shirt." I noticed that it seems as though we honor participation with such virtual rewards and I thought it might be fun just to see what I could come up with.

Best of luck in the contestant pool and all...

Cheers!
Aunt_Ija
Contributor

Post by Aunt_Ija »

Thank you jwatcher!

This was a wonderful TD. It was a pleasure to participate in it. I will wear my new t-shirt proudly and display my new clock in place where all my guests can admire it!

Congratulations to everyone on the podium!
jwatcher16
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jwatcher16 »

Aunt_Ija wrote:Thank you jwatcher!

This was a wonderful TD. It was a pleasure to participate in it. I will wear my new t-shirt proudly and display my new clock in place where all my guests can admire it!

Congratulations to everyone on the podium!
Hello Aunt_Ija -

My pleasure to host the TD. Thank you so much for participating... that's what it's about! Enjoy the t-shirt and wall clock and - never forget to "TD."

Cheers!