1. Name a UK prime minister who served during Elizabeth II’s reign (1952-present). 13 possible answers.
2. The first 17 individuals who are in line of succession to the British throne are descendants of Elizabeth II. (The 18th person in line for the throne--David Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley--is her nephew.) Name one of these first 17 individuals.
3. Name a former or present-day country that has featured a likeness of Elizabeth II on its currency at any time in its history. 20+ answers.
4. Name a royal residence currently occupied by the British royal family. (I'll accept privately-owned residences as well as crown-owned estates to avoid confusion.) 15+ possible answers.
5. Name a state leader/head of state/ruler who was in power on the day Elizabeth II succeeded to the throne (February 6, 1952). For clarity’s sake, I will accept monarchs, prime ministers, presidents, etc. Many, many possible answers.
6. As a historical drama, unsurprisingly, The Crown
has loads of portrayals of real-life people. Identify one person who is portrayed in The Crown
from the photos below. MUST INCLUDE LETTER.
7. Prince Charles began attending the University of Cambridge in 1967, where he read history, archaeology and anthropology and graduated in 1970. He is supposedly the first British monarch or heir to the throne to complete a university degree. Today, Cambridge is comprised of 31 colleges. Name one of them.
8. Helen Mirren won an Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance as Elizabeth II in the 2006 film The Queen
. Since that win, several actresses have been nominated for Best Actress for their performances as actual (i.e., non-fictional) people. Name the Oscar-nominated actress who portrayed one of people listed below. MUST INCLUDE LETTER.
A. Joy Mangano
B. Julia Child
C. Sophia Tolstaya
D. Leigh Anne Tuohy
E. Marilyn Monroe
F. Margaret Thatcher
G. Christine Collins
H. Queen Elizabeth I
I. Cheryl Strayed
J. Jane Wilde-Hawking
K. Maria Belon (María Bennett in the film)
L. Édith Piaf
M. Philomena Lee