Familiar face on Millionaire

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

legendneverdies
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Familiar face on Millionaire

Post by legendneverdies »

triviawayne wrote:Tested yesterday, received email notice I'm in the pool today!!!!!
CHris Harrison will be the new show starting on 9/7 or 9/14 for the new season. Today is the airing of Terry Crews' last first run episode.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

triviawayne wrote:Tested yesterday, received email notice I'm in the pool today!!!!!
Congrats! That's a quick turnaround!
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

dhkendall wrote:
That's how it worked for me - auditioned, received the "you're in the pool" email the next day, and got the call six days later. I hope you get the call right away, Triviawayne.
billiej

Post by billiej »

Congrats, back in my day (haha) we had to wait weeks for a postcard. If nothing else, you'll have a blast if you get the call.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

ElendilPickle wrote:
dhkendall wrote:
That's how it worked for me - auditioned, received the "you're in the pool" email the next day, and got the call six days later. I hope you get the call right away, Triviawayne.
When were you on? curious mostly because of how they've changed how they do things over the years...no more postcards, now email notice the next day. In 2013, I got my email 6 weeks later.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
PRouf
Contributor

Post by PRouf »

ElendilPickle wrote:
dhkendall wrote:
Congrats, triviawayne! My experience is similar to ElendilPickle...except I didn't get an email :) But I got the call about 10 days after the audition and taped 2 weeks after that. Hope you hear from them soon!
Omnia operatur ex in sua infirmos modo
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Good luck, Wayne!!!!!
gnash
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by gnash »

For those who have been to one of these on-the-road auditions: How long are the lines? Does one need to get there super early to have a chance of getting in? Or is showing up at the time the audition begins enough?
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

People line up for that, get there early. They can usually test many at a time on the road, but each session of maybe 200 people takes a little while.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

gnash wrote:For those who have been to one of these on-the-road auditions: How long are the lines? Does one need to get there super early to have a chance of getting in? Or is showing up at the time the audition begins enough?
Showing up early, IMO, shows the kind of enthusiasm they're looking for. Show up early, be social, sit close to the front, whoop and holler, etc. Have fun!
teapot37

Post by teapot37 »

gnash wrote:For those who have been to one of these on-the-road auditions: How long are the lines? Does one need to get there super early to have a chance of getting in? Or is showing up at the time the audition begins enough?
My experience on Monday was that they had a cap of 100 people per session. I arrived at the location about 20 minutes before the next session was scheduled to start and I was about number 70-75 in line.
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

OK, finally putting this in the right place. Went down to audition this morning. Passed the test, did the face-to-face interview, and then made it to the screen test. I feel like I did really, really well and am cautiously very optimistic.
teapot37

Post by teapot37 »

alietr wrote:OK, finally putting this in the right place. Went down to audition this morning. Passed the test, did the face-to-face interview, and then made it to the screen test. I feel like I did really, really well and am cautiously very optimistic.
I am in pretty much the same boat. I got to the screen test for both the regular show and the movie week. I was told only three people made it that far for movies (they only did one session of that) so I feel good there.
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

Sounds like both of you did well! Keep us posted on the results.
brick

Post by brick »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:More Rouffa madness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BEdtRI-lA0
Oh boy! A time capsule! Woolery and that watch! That was great. Thank you.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

teapot37 wrote:
alietr wrote:OK, finally putting this in the right place. Went down to audition this morning. Passed the test, did the face-to-face interview, and then made it to the screen test. I feel like I did really, really well and am cautiously very optimistic.
I am in pretty much the same boat. I got to the screen test for both the regular show and the movie week. I was told only three people made it that far for movies (they only did one session of that) so I feel good there.
Both of you, go get that money!
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

I did the Woodbridge, VA audition today. Got the callback and interview. Interesting to notice the differences with the J! audition. Met a guy who was a Millionaire contestant back in 2001. His daughter finished second in the J! college tournament some years ago.
One time swimmer in the Jeopardy! pool
kprather895
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kprather895 »

Did the video audition, did the Skype audition follow-up, now playing the waiting game.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I got the email this afternoon ... I am officially in the pool!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

alietr wrote:I got the email this afternoon ... I am officially in the pool!
Congrats! Couldn't happen to a nicer omnipotent, omniscient diety!
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012