Familiar face on Millionaire

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Re: Familiar face on Millionaire

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

PRouf wrote:
Bamaman wrote:A guy being on a game show was worth a mention on the news in Chicago?
Um...no. :D Rick has written a number of articles mentioning me in the past, often about my Jeopardy appearances and sometimes about my previous acting career. About a year and a half ago, I was in the middle of another career change and checked with him about a reference. At the time, I was also waiting to find out if I would get picked for the Tournament of the Decades, and he offered to write an article with Jeopardy kind of bookending things. Well, that didn't happen, but when my Millionaire appearance came up, he decided to pull the trigger.
Bamaman is referring to the fact that the YouTube video of your Scrabble appearance starts with a local news clip talking about how you were going to be on the show for the next four days.
Sprinkles are for winners.
PRouf
Contributor

Post by PRouf »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
PRouf wrote:
Bamaman wrote:A guy being on a game show was worth a mention on the news in Chicago?
Um...no. :D Rick has written a number of articles mentioning me in the past, often about my Jeopardy appearances and sometimes about my previous acting career. About a year and a half ago, I was in the middle of another career change and checked with him about a reference. At the time, I was also waiting to find out if I would get picked for the Tournament of the Decades, and he offered to write an article with Jeopardy kind of bookending things. Well, that didn't happen, but when my Millionaire appearance came up, he decided to pull the trigger.
Bamaman is referring to the fact that the YouTube video of your Scrabble appearance starts with a local news clip talking about how you were going to be on the show for the next four days.
Ah...got it. Gary Deeb had done a feature on me for the ToC and became another media contact I kept in touch with. I think he was most interested in how my acting career progressed; if I made it big, he could claim he knew it from the start.
Omnia operatur ex in sua infirmos modo
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Has anyone ever told you your smile looks a bit like Milton Berle's?
PRouf
Contributor

Post by PRouf »

seaborgium wrote:Has anyone ever told you your smile looks a bit like Milton Berle's?
No, but I used to do a pretty good Gene Siskel. When he died, two thoughts went through my head: 1) "How tragic!" 2) "Well, there goes that gig."
Winchell Factor
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Winchell Factor »

PRouf wrote:
seaborgium wrote:Has anyone ever told you your smile looks a bit like Milton Berle's?
No, but I used to do a pretty good Gene Siskel. When he died, two thoughts went through my head: 1) "How tragic!" 2) "Well, there goes that gig."
Mighty magnanimous of you to list them in that order, if you ask me.
BigDaddyMatty

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

Winchell Factor wrote:
PRouf wrote:
I give it two thumbs up.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
Winchell Factor wrote:
PRouf wrote:
I give it two thumbs up.
I don't think we read the same post here...
Total game show career losings = $171,522
BigDaddyMatty

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

legendneverdies
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by legendneverdies »

Ferria76 has a portion of the 6/6/1989 episode of Now You See It on which Paul Rouffa appeared
PRouf
Contributor

Post by PRouf »

legendneverdies wrote:Ferria76 has a portion of the 6/6/1989 episode of Now You See It on which Paul Rouffa appeared
It's odd to me that people only have a portion of the show.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

I was hoping to see you get a stopper, Paul. I remember a guy that would act like he got something on his shirt when the graphic appeared on screen and wipe it off. Was that you?
PRouf
Contributor

Post by PRouf »

triviawayne wrote:I was hoping to see you get a stopper, Paul. I remember a guy that would act like he got something on his shirt when the graphic appeared on screen and wipe it off. Was that you?
I think so. I wish I could remember what episode it was. As seaborgium mentioned, I uploaded all of them to Vimeo, so you could check there.
legendneverdies

PRouf wrote:
legendneverdies wrote:Ferria76 has a portion of the 6/6/1989 episode of Now You See It on which Paul Rouffa appeared
It's odd to me that people only have a portion of the show.
Jared Oswald has 16 minutes of your Now You See It episode uploaded at his Youtube page. It cuts off right after the bonus round ends.
OSXpert

Post by OSXpert »

Tried out for Millionaire last week and now I'm swimming in the pool, though I'm rarely able to catch the show on a daily basis because of the timing of the show.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

I need to find out if I'm swimming on that pool. I passed in October of 2013, when I got my happy email that I'm in the pool, it said I would drown in May 2015; yet the website shows anyone who tried out after June 2011 is still swimming.
OSXpert

Post by OSXpert »

I tried out in June 2013 and they said my thing expired May 2015 as well which is why I reapplied.
PRouf
Contributor

Post by PRouf »

legendneverdies wrote:Jared Oswald has 16 minutes of your Now You See It episode uploaded at his Youtube page. It cuts off right after the bonus round ends.
So that makes 3 folks (assuming that the person that Jeff-thecdboy PM'd me about is neither Jared nor Ferria76) who have portions of the show. Too bad I misplaced my tape, they'd probably appreciate having it.
legendneverdies

PRouf wrote:
legendneverdies wrote:Jared Oswald has 16 minutes of your Now You See It episode uploaded at his Youtube page. It cuts off right after the bonus round ends.
So that makes 3 folks (assuming that the person that Jeff-thecdboy PM'd me about is neither Jared nor Ferria76) who have portions of the show. Too bad I misplaced my tape, they'd probably appreciate having it.
Fierra has the end wrap fee plugs and end credits of the episode, where Jared's posting ends right after the bonus round. CHuck DOnegan's episode he posted as having on his tape trading list ends after the bonus round ends(of course, tape trading isn't done as much anymore thanks to Youtube)
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

OSXpert wrote:I tried out in June 2013 and they said my thing expired May 2015 as well which is why I reapplied.
Considering this is still May, did you happen to mention you were about to drown? If you did, what did they say about eligibility?
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

Tested yesterday, received email notice I'm in the pool today!!!!!