Monday, April 15, 2013 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Archivists
Fan-created archive of games and players

Monday, April 15, 2013 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Archivists »

Placeholder for J! Round
Archivists
Fan-created archive of games and players

Double Jeopardy! Round

Post by Archivists »

Placeholder for DJ! Round
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Monday, April 15, 2013 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by jeff6286 »

Authors
In hiding when his life was threatened, Salman Rushdie paid tribute to Conrad & Chekhov by using this pseudonym.

Spoiler
What is Joseph Anton? Tim and Matt both said Lord Jim. (a novel by Conrad)

Matt Eichenbaum: $15,200-$13,001=$2,199
Lisa Byatt: $13,800+$13,000=$26,800...now a 1-day champion with $26,800
Tim Kleiman: $8,000-$4,000=$4,000
Last edited by jeff6286 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

Boston might not see J! tonight, and CBS/ABC/NBC could have hour long nightly news tonight. J! could be preempted on stations where it follows the nightly news. I think we know why.
xxaaaxx

Post by xxaaaxx »

Same here in NYC, and really who cares. As nice as it can be to have a half hour escape from such awful news, I want to know more about what happened. My heart goes out to everyone involved.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

xxaaaxx wrote:Same here in NYC, and really who cares. As nice as it can be to have a half hour escape from such awful news, I want to know more about what happened. My heart goes out to everyone involved.
Indeed, but I also remember during 9/11 every single channel I could find was showing wall-to-wall coverage of the event (and this was after I got home from work, whereas it happened when I woke up that morning.) After a few hours of learning about the event, I honestly just wanted to make it stop. It was a lot to process. But, as I mentioned, every TV station I could find had nothing but 9/11 coverage. Except The Comedy Network (Canada's version of Comedy Central), which had regular programming. Not only was it an escape, but it helped me to laugh, which was the best kind of esape before going back to watching unfathomable horror for hours on end. That was the only time I ever sent a TV network a thank-you note.

In terms of J! coverage, I get J! at 4:30, meaning that normally, I'd be watching the reveal of the Final Jeopardy! questionas I type this, but instead, evn before the supper-hour news, NBC does have coverage. So, a lot of us might be out of luck, but it also is to be kept in perspective, our inconveniences compared to what our friends on the east coast are going through. I'll probably want a diversion from this soon, just watching what I have brings back the horrors I felt 11.5 years ago, but for now, it's a reminder for me to pray for those people,and to never take life for granted.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
legendneverdies

dhkendall wrote: Indeed, but I also remember during 9/11 every single channel I could find was showing wall-to-wall coverage of the event (and this was after I got home from work, whereas it happened when I woke up that morning.) After a few hours of learning about the event, I honestly just wanted to make it stop. It was a lot to process. But, as I mentioned, every TV station I could find had nothing but 9/11 coverage. Except The Comedy Network (Canada's version of Comedy Central), which had regular programming. Not only was it an escape, but it helped me to laugh, which was the best kind of esape before going back to watching unfathomable horror for hours on end. That was the only time I ever sent a TV network a thank-you note.
DOn't know how much coverage this event will get. Sandy Hook has gotten quite a bit, though.
TryphonTournesol

Post by TryphonTournesol »

J! runs at 2:30 (Central) here - since that's just 45 minutes after the bombing, I bet when I check my DVR later I'm going to see the news. Which is understandable.
ACW

Post by ACW »

We here in the DC area get Wheel at 7 and J! at 7:30; don't know if we will tonight.
ej!
Valued Contributor

Post by ej! »

No J! today in Madison WI. The last time I was in Boston it was the first J! Audition I attended. Westin @ Copley Plaza -- very near today's mayhem.
legendneverdies

All three networks did hour long nightly newscasts tonight, as kind of expected. NYC Philly and PIttsburgh and presumably Boston at least won't see J! tonight.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

xxaaaxx wrote:Same here in NYC, and really who cares. As nice as it can be to have a half hour escape from such awful news, I want to know more about what happened. My heart goes out to everyone involved.
Which would be fine if they actually had something new to tell us. I truly do not need another hour of "We don't know anything more than we did last hour."

Sadly, WFTV out of Orlando is not showing J!, either.
Austin Powers

Post by Austin Powers »

Could someone post the FJ? I am certain I won't get to see this episode.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Austin Powers wrote:Could someone post the FJ? I am certain I won't get to see this episode.
Maybe a West-coaster? Doubt anyone from the Eastern or Central time zone is going to see it.
lisa0012

Post by lisa0012 »

We got it in Dallas, of course, but I wasn't thinking and I erased it after I watched so I can't help with exact numbers if we need an assist. It was a good, competitive game, but an odd FJ! and I'm curious about reactions. I got it but had zero confidence and worried I was on the wrong track.

Hope any Boardies in Boston are safe tonight.
legendneverdies

Austin Powers wrote:Could someone post the FJ? I am certain I won't get to see this episode.
http://fikklefame.com/final-jeopardy-4-15-13/ has the FJ! clue for tonight's game but no results.
ACW

Post by ACW »

Well, no Wheel so far, so probably no J! either.
xxaaaxx

Post by xxaaaxx »

legendneverdies wrote:
http://fikklefame.com/final-jeopardy-4-15-13/ has the FJ! clue for tonight's game but no results.
Taking a WAG...
Spoiler
Since I can't think of any other way to approach it that would make sense for both authors referenced, my guess would be...

What is Joseph Anton?

...even though I almost feel dumb for typing it.

I'll check back later when I have more time.
lisa0012

Post by lisa0012 »

xxaaaxx wrote:
legendneverdies wrote:
Taking a WAG...
Spoiler
Since I can't think of any other way to approach it that would make sense for both authors referenced, my guess would be...

What is Joseph Anton?

...even though I almost feel dumb for typing it.

I'll check back later when I have more time.
Correct. That's how I felt too.
legendneverdies

ACW wrote:Well, no Wheel so far, so probably no J! either.
The news only runs an hour tonight(national news anyway). Stations in and around Boston might do a local news at 7:30PM EST.