1998-99 Teen Tournament and Armed Forces Week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

GameShowDude
Contributor

1998-99 Teen Tournament and Armed Forces Week

Post by GameShowDude »

I am a game show trader. I'm getting to the point in which there aren't that many specific Jeopardy shows left on the trading circuit that interest me. However I've been curious about the 1998-99 Teen Tournament and Armed Forces Week. I hope there's someone out there who has them so I can see what the opening graphics look like. They have been archived at j-archive.com so someone probably has copies of them. If you have them and would like to trade please e-mail me at the address in my profile. I have over 2,700 game show episodes in my collection. I look forward to hearing from you.
GameShowDude
Contributor

Re: 1998-99 Teen Tournament and Armed Forces Week

Post by GameShowDude »

It's been 2 weeks and it's been a fruitless search trying to find someone who has and will trade copies of the Feb. 1999 Teen Tournament and June 1999 Armed Forces Week. I've e-mailed and Facebook-messaged many contestants from those weeks to see if they'll trade with me but none of them will answer me. I also private-messaged 2 archivists of j-archive.com but to no avail. I see they have been archived so someone had to have gotten a hold of them. I would appreciate your help. Thanks very much.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

GameShowDude wrote:I see they have been archived so someone had to have gotten a hold of them.
Could be that they were up on youtube and have since been taken down.
GameShowDude
Contributor

Post by GameShowDude »

I don't remember them ever being on YouTube.
kingskip
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kingskip »

A "dead" trader named Brad Francini had the 2 final games of the 1999 A Teen Tournament.
http://gscentral.net/showsil.htm

But he hasn't updated his site in 5 years and doesn't respond to his email there, which may not even exist anymore. I tried contacting him on Facebook a while back but got no reply.
Jeff-thecdboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

I just saw the intros to both the 2/22/99 Teen Tournament ep. and 6/29/99 Armed Forces Week ep. have been uploaded on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MarkSeason22/videos

The 2/22/99 intro is labeled TT1. The 6/29/99 intro is labeled AFW2.
GameShowDude
Contributor

Post by GameShowDude »

I would like to personally thank MarkBarrett for uploading the intros to YouTube. I'm sure that many Jeopardy fans and game show traders will appreciate being able to see the opening graphics for those special weeks.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

GameShowDude wrote:I would like to personally thank MarkBarrett for uploading the intros to YouTube. I'm sure that many Jeopardy fans and game show traders will appreciate being able to see the opening graphics for those special weeks.
You're welcome. In the department of so what, TT1 is ahead of AFW 73-59 for views.