Season 28 premiere??

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Re: Season 28 premiere??

Post by seaborgium »

Celebs are celebs, and I doubt most of them are too concerned about whether their Jeopardy episodes rerun. And while there aren't any kid games that could be prioritized, later stages of tournaments consist of people who earned their way there. Along with geting less money, if those eliminated have a smaller chance of getting into reruns, I think that's justifiable and less arbitrary.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I doubt they'll show the finals from Stefan's TOC in the leftover two days. While it sucks we never got to see it again, I think it might be confusing to casual viewers to show just the finals of a TOC over a year old.

I watched the rerun game today and it was Paul Kursky's fourth game. anybody know what they showed last week?
Nicky
Contributor

Post by Nicky »

Bamaman wrote: I watched the rerun game today and it was Paul Kursky's fourth game.
What????!!!! It wasn't the first College Championship final??!!!!! Or does your station air two episodes on the weekdays, only one of which is the national episode?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

By "rerun episode" I mean tht my station shows two games a day. They show the regular one and also the game from the previous season. In the past I think the rerun episode has always shown the tournaments that were rerun the first time, not sure why they are showing regular games.
KellyJ!
Contributor

Post by KellyJ! »

Bamaman wrote:By "rerun episode" I mean tht my station shows two games a day. They show the regular one and also the game from the previous season. In the past I think the rerun episode has always shown the tournaments that were rerun the first time, not sure why they are showing regular games.
On the "year old repeat" episodes once the current season ones go into summer hiatus they usually repeat the last six (or in years like this one seven) weeks of the season they just repeated rather than the tourneys again.
okstater04
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by okstater04 »

Yes, and in those "reruns" (the markets that air two episodes a day), Stefan's ToC ran a couple months ago.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Yeah, now I remember them doing that last year. I do recall years ago when I got the rerun episode, they showed the tournaments again, so I got to see the same TOCs four times. That was when I had less of a life than I do now.
Nicky
Contributor

Post by Nicky »

Well, I guess the mystery of what those two reruns are is resolved, and it is two Kids Week episodes! But here's the surprising part:

I went on to the TV listings at zap2it.com, which has listings of up to 13 days in advance, so for today, it's up to August 29. And what I found for that day was not the start of the Teachers Tournament, but the Kids Week episode from July 5! And it's not July 4 so we know for sure that it's not the full week, which we know anyway! Here's the source

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings ... 4658800000

By the way, this is my syndicated station, so maybe you won't find it just through clicking on here, but I'm sure you could eventually find it for your syndicated station if you click on the right links.

Anyway, here's the mystery that remains: Will it be Watson August 31 - September 2 and Teachers September 5 - 16 or Teachers August 31 - September 13 and Watson September 14 - 16? Something tells me the former, as they'll want to do full weeks of both random reruns and tournaments. But I wouldn't be surprised if they do the latter, since ending with Watson makes the most sense. Anyway, we'll find this out by this Thursday! (or maybe tomorrow at midnight ET/9PM PT). In the meantime, what are your predictions? Tomorrow (or tonight at midnight ET/9PM PT) we'll know whether the second Kids Week episode will be July 6, 7, or 8. Want to make a prediction on that as well?

And Stefan, I'm sorry if the extra two episode thing got your hopes up of the May 20 and 21, 2010 episodes rerunning. Your hopes must have been dashed once seeing the Season 26 rerun schedule last summer, only to have them brought up again once learning about that seventh week. If I were TPTB, I would have made sure last summer they did the TOC and not 10 of the 14 Celebrity Invitational games. In fact, hey, I would have rerun the whole Season 25 finale week, the Season 26 premiere as well as the whole TOC! Especially May 14 and 17 as well as the finals! Maybe even thrown in June 30 and July 1, 2008! That does make 12 episodes, so that could have happened instead of the two Kids Week episodes and the Teachers Tournament. Or without June 30 and July 1, 2008, maybe the Kids Week and those remaining 10 instead of Teachers, or just those 10 instead of the Celebrity Invitational last summer, and June 30 and July 1, 2008 instead of the Kids Week this summer. Wouldn't that all have been fabulous, Stefan? Even though you won 69 fewer games than him, you deserve the treatment Ken Jennings got when it comes to rerunning regular games.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

My thing is that my digital receiver stopped working a few weeks before my ToC aired, and the company didn't send me another one (it was under warranty) until after it ended. So I didn't get to record the ToC the way I recorded my six regular shows (and I've never gotten to watch the first quarter-final).

Plus, the Archivists didn't grab a copy of Vijay's winners' circle interview when he won his semi-final, and the link was replaced with his victory comments, so for their sake I was hoping it would show up again during reruns.

Any hope I had of the ToC rerunning was gone when I heard about the Teachers' Tournament.

edit: I've won 68 fewer games than Ken. I know you were talking about regular games, but you didn't qualify it when you compared me to Ken. I had my regular episodes (the ones I won, anyway) rerun on Saturdays, and that's plenty, so let's not go crazy here.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Far be it from me to question the accuracy of zap2it.com, but I think you should wait until the day it happens before you carve it in stone.

Stefan, I agree you, Vijay and the 13 others got screwed by not having your TOC rerun. Have they ever not rerun a TOC before?
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

Bamaman wrote:Far be it from me to question the accuracy of zap2it.com, but I think you should wait until the day it happens before you carve it in stone.

Stefan, I agree you, Vijay and the 13 others got screwed by not having your TOC rerun. Have they ever not rerun a TOC before?
titantv.com also shows Kids 7/5 for the 8/29 rerun. I'd trust it.

Stefan: can't mr. bungle hook you up with qf1? or has he had all copies destroyed?
chuck5982
Jeopardy! Fan

Post by chuck5982 »

I hope GSN picks up the rights to season 26 so Stefan's ToC can be re-aired. Wishful thinking, though.
Nicky
Contributor

Post by Nicky »

Well, the mystery is all resolved. Here it is for August 30 and 31 according to zap2it.com:

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings ... 4745200000

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings ... 4831600000

So the second Kids Week game is Wednesday, July 6, so of Kids' Week we'll see Tuesday and Wednesday only, and not what I expected (but which makes the most sense), it looks like Teachers Tournament August 31 - September 13 and then ending with Watson. It's interesting starting last Monday, no rerun is from the day of the week it debutedand the only such episodes are the College Championship.