Anybody applying to NBC's new quiz show?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

BADuBois
Jeopardy! Champion... It's a Mystery!

Anybody applying to NBC's new quiz show?

Post by BADuBois »

Has anybody applied to be on NBC's new quiz show, "The Million Second Quiz"? It's being hosted by Ryan Seacrest, and I see on their website they've had a handful of live auditions, one of them in Boston, which was just a couple of weeks ago... ouch.

There's an on-site application that I'll probably fill out, even though most of the questions seem to be in the "if you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be" category.

There's also a place where you can test yourself by playing on-line, but I tried this, I got a grim message from NBC to update my browser. Yeah, yeah, I know my computer OS is old... tell me something I don't know!
Award-winning author of "My Short, Happy Life in 'Jeopardy!'"
http://tinyurl.com/btax4xp
Budphrey
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: Anybody applying to NBC's new quiz show?

Post by Budphrey »

Oh, both methods, definitely.
Poo-tee-weet? So it goes.
harrumph
Voyeur

Post by harrumph »

Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Post by Magna »

BADuBois wrote:There's also a place where you can test yourself by playing on-line, but I tried this, I got a grim message from NBC to update my browser. Yeah, yeah, I know my computer OS is old... tell me something I don't know!
As long as it didn't tell you your abacus needs new beads...
;)
Kebert Xela
Contributor

Post by Kebert Xela »

I qualified in about 2 hours online.
Now I need to find a recent picture of myself...all I have are daguerreotypes :(
Frank Hardy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Frank Hardy »

I applied. They sent me an email and I took an online test, which was much easier than the Jeopardy! online test. Wish me luck.
Leander

Post by Leander »

I tried the online game and had a lot of trouble getting it to work with a touch screen
Vanya
The support is non-zero

Post by Vanya »

I got through the quizzes (8/8) to get 3500. They say you get 5 seconds but it seemed like less. Even though it's multiple choice you really have to know the answer already because there is little time to figure it out. I was timed out on several where I would have guessed correctly.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Vanya wrote:I got through the quizzes (8/8) to get 3500. They say you get 5 seconds but it seemed like less. Even though it's multiple choice you really have to know the answer already because there is little time to figure it out. I was timed out on several where I would have guessed correctly.
It's a Communist plot.
Spaceman Spiff
One-and-done J! Champ (and proud of it!)

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Gee. I thought y'all were talking about Hollywood Game Night. :mrgreen:
pinkfreud
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by pinkfreud »

I just applied. I thought the quizzes were really easy, and the opponents they matched me with were not much of a challenge. I didn't lose any games (but I did have one tie). The only problem I encountered was that I often had to click repeatedly for my answer to register (which reminded me of the rapid-fire frantic buzzer action of Jeopardy!)
koozbane
Valued Contributor

Post by koozbane »

Just played 60 games. Won 54. 87% correct answer rate.

When I tried to apply from the site, nothing happened. It kept just taking me back to the game screen. So then I tried the link they sent me in an email. That took me to a brief application page, but then I also had trouble. It wouldn't go through with a picture attached, so I had to send it without one. Then I finally got the "Thank you, you have successfully applied" message. But alas, with no picture, how will they see my photogenic, made-for- TV face?

I'm not expecting much.
CheeseSteak

Post by CheeseSteak »

The more I hear leaking out about this show, the more convinced I am that it's going to be a clusterfrak.
MDaunt
Weighed in the balance and found wanting

Post by MDaunt »

CheeseSteak wrote:The more I hear leaking out about this show, the more convinced I am that it's going to be a clusterfrak.
There does seem to be an awful lot of moving parts.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

CheeseSteak wrote:The more I hear leaking out about this show, the more convinced I am that it's going to be a clusterfrak.
This is an environmentally-concious message board. We don't allow fraking in here.
Austin Powers

Post by Austin Powers »

I don't get telling people that they'll be on the show until it's totally and completely inconvenient for these folks.
gamawire
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by gamawire »

Austin Powers wrote:I don't get telling people that they'll be on the show until it's totally and completely inconvenient for these folks.
That's the "reality" part of the show, I guess.
"It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing." -- Seneca
ten96lt
Valued Contributor

Post by ten96lt »

MDaunt wrote:
There does seem to be an awful lot of moving parts.
And with the issues of having a delayed release Android app (nobody thought to make one at the same time as the iOS version?) along with me hearing they pushed back dress rehearsal a day, I can only guess this show will have technical difficulties. I do hope this show does well to put quiz shows back into the spotlight, but I see a major glitch happening during one of the primetime shows.
Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Post by Magna »

I can't wait to see people live in a giant hourglass for two weeks.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1311
Although there might be some interesting antics when they emerge, covered in sand, smelly, filthy, and not having $10 million to show for it.
koozbane
Valued Contributor

Post by koozbane »

Well whoop-di-doo, I just got an invite to tryout as a "line jumper". There's precious little info on line regarding what to expect. But I'm off to NYC!