The Jeopardy! Contestant Library Catalog

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

alietr
Site Admin

Re: The Jeopardy! Contestant Library Catalog

Post by alietr »

Rex Kramer wrote:Heh heh heh . . . I figured; I just never miss an opportunity to tease a Michigander.
You misspelled "everyone".
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Rex Kramer wrote:Heh heh heh . . . I figured; I just never miss an opportunity to tease a Michigander.

Rex
I can never get this straight. Is Dr. J a Michigander? Or a Michigoose?

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
sarah0114
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by sarah0114 »

bpmod wrote:

Rex

Brian
I (honestly) called myself a Michigosling as a child.
georgespelvin
The Charlie Brown of Jeopardy Auditions

Post by georgespelvin »

bpmod wrote:

Rex

Brian
In Yiddish we use the term "michigas" (sic). :)
I used to be AWSOP but wanted to be more theatrical.
Judy5cents
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Judy5cents »

It's not often I get to see my name in a list with Stephen King. I'm honored. I've noticed he makes a fair amount of Jeopardy! allusions in his books.

I have been linked with William Bernhardt since he was a guest a couple of times at the writer's conference I help organize, the Cape Fear Crime Festival.

I'd like to point out that I have another published book--"Tree Huggers," as well as a mystery series "Sportsman's Bet" and "Trouble and Strife."
Dr. J
Decade Battler and Mustache Maker

Post by Dr. J »

bpmod wrote:

Rex

Brian
Definitely a Michigoose. Been making that joke for years!
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Rex Kramer »

Judy5cents wrote:It's not often I get to see my name in a list with Stephen King. I'm honored. I've noticed he makes a fair amount of Jeopardy! allusions in his books.

I have been linked with William Bernhardt since he was a guest a couple of times at the writer's conference I help organize, the Cape Fear Crime Festival.

I'd like to point out that I have another published book--"Tree Huggers," as well as a mystery series "Sportsman's Bet" and "Trouble and Strife."
Thanks for pointing that out, Judy! Now listed.

Rex
Judy5cents
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Judy5cents »

Thanks for including me in the list. Being on Jeopardy! was probably the best thing I've ever done for my book sales.
Carpe Diem
Boardeh

Post by Carpe Diem »

today's contestant Elissa Burr, author of Booker the Bald Cat and others
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Rex Kramer »

Carpe Diem wrote:today's contestant Elissa Burr, author of Booker the Bald Cat and others
Thanks for the heads-up!

Rex
Carpe Diem
Boardeh

Post by Carpe Diem »

(Oops, I should've said one of today's contestants.)
I've been meaning to ask, is there a thread with a list of books about Jeopardy! (at least in part) but not (to the best of my knowledge) by Jeopardy! contestants (such as Final Jeopardy: Man vs. Machine and the Quest to Know Everything by Stephen Baker, The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World by A.J. Jacobs and Olivia Bean, Trivia Queen by Donna Gephart)?
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

Speaking of Olivia Bean, Trivia Queen, that book came out about a year after I was on the show and I came across it in a web search. I'd read other books by that author that I liked, and I knew I had to have it. That was when I finally used the Amazon gift card I'd been sitting on for months.
I've written to the author, and she wrote me back.
As for the book itself, it's a tad bit inaccurate, but it's a great read (at least for 12-year-old girls) and will always have a special place in my heart. I never thought someone would write a book about that aspect of my life.
Mathew5000
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Mathew5000 »

Carpe Diem wrote:I've been meaning to ask, is there a thread with a list of books about Jeopardy! (at least in part) but not (to the best of my knowledge) by Jeopardy! contestants
This search at WorldCat gives 65 hits, some of which are legitimately about Jeopardy! and not well known. It does include books about the show by contestants, as well as a few that are not about the quiz show, but just have the word "jeopardy" in the description.
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Rex Kramer »

Updated to include Mark Lowenthal's "autobiography". Looks like a worthwhile read.

Rex
jeopfansincebirth
Keeper of the All-Time Rankings

Post by jeopfansincebirth »

Don't forget about Elise Dee Beraru, first 5x undefeated champion from season one, who wrote the romance novel "Remember my Love"!
Michael M.
"Keeper of the Rankings"
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Rex Kramer »

jeopfansincebirth wrote:Don't forget about Elise Dee Beraru, first 5x undefeated champion from season one, who wrote the romance novel "Remember my Love"!
Thanks for the heads-up, jfsb!

Rex
legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

jeopfansincebirth wrote:Don't forget about Elise Dee Beraru, first 5x undefeated champion from season one, who wrote the romance novel "Remember my Love"!
But was it inspired by her appearance on Love Connection during the 1988-89 season(no joke, she really did appear on LC)
Fleeboy

Post by Fleeboy »

Mathew5000 wrote:Ronald Alan Lindsay, author of Future Bioethics: Overcoming Taboos, Myths, and Dogmas, had an article in Philosophy Now ten years ago, about appearing on Jeopardy! in Season 11. (His games are not in the Archive.)
Ron, who was a year behind me in high school, is a brilliant guy and was a formidable J! player. Wish I'd taped his games. Thanks for sharing this, Mathew!
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Browsing the Internet Archive of the old Sony boards reminded me of when Bob Harris plugged Leslie Frates's Spanish Word Games for Dummies.
gamawire
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by gamawire »

Mathew5000 wrote:Ronald Alan Lindsay, author of Future Bioethics: Overcoming Taboos, Myths, and Dogmas, had an article in Philosophy Now ten years ago, about appearing on Jeopardy! in Season 11. (His games are not in the Archive.)
And he's got a new book coming out later this year:

The Necessity of Secularism: Why God Can't Tell Us What to Do – according to Amazon, it comes out December 1, 2014.
"It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing." -- Seneca