Registration now open for adult online test

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Re: Registration now open for adult online test

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

MarkBarrett wrote:
MinnesotaMyron wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:Is this one on the list? viewtopic.php?f=1&t=605
I was just about to add it. :lol:
My notes have it as a make-up test, so I guess that was the one after technical problems for many users?
I think that's right.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

I could not find the 3/1/11 teen test, but others from 2011 are here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV1r7LMeXpQ (eastern 2/8/11)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQn2cLoSgXw (central 2/9/11)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nVK4OnCUO8 (pacific 2/10/11)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtCXpWhs5jI (college 3/15/11) (very tough to read)
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

For practice tests there are more from DoT if we can get those from him. Didn't Michael Farabaugh make two as well?
ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

gamawire wrote:The last few online tests I have taken have had a disclaimer that said if you have had an in-person audition in the last 18 months then you can only take the test for fun. This may not be the case now since that disclaimer did not come up when I just registered. I hope they don't kick me out of the pool for taking the test (my last audition was in March).
I had the same thought. But the FAQ section says that people are in the pool for 18 months.
http://www.jeopardy.com/beacontestant/contestantfaqs/
So im not going to touch it this year. I will look at the posted test on here and see how it would have gone :)
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

ihavejeoprosy wrote:
gamawire wrote:The last few online tests I have taken have had a disclaimer that said if you have had an in-person audition in the last 18 months then you can only take the test for fun. This may not be the case now since that disclaimer did not come up when I just registered. I hope they don't kick me out of the pool for taking the test (my last audition was in March).
I had the same thought. But the FAQ section says that people are in the pool for 18 months.
So im not going to touch it this year. I will look at the posted test on here and see how it would have gone :)
Hmmm ... I wonder how that affects me. I was booked for the last in-person audition, but due to a massive pile-up on the interstate, I couldn't make it on time.

"If you passed the online test and were invited to an "in person" interview, you will be in our active files for 18 months. If at the end of 18 months from the date of your in-person tryout, you have not been booked to appear on the show, you are eligible to take the online test again."

Well, it's obvious I am not going to be selected from the last round, so what's the worst that can happen?
ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

econgator wrote: Hmmm ... I wonder how that affects me. I was booked for the last in-person audition, but due to a massive pile-up on the interstate, I couldn't make it on time.

"If you passed the online test and were invited to an "in person" interview, you will be in our active files for 18 months. If at the end of 18 months from the date of your in-person tryout, you have not been booked to appear on the show, you are eligible to take the online test again."

Well, it's obvious I am not going to be selected from the last round, so what's the worst that can happen?
If I understand correctly, you did not make the audition? In that case it would make sense to try out again since they probably don't have your info on file. You could email them as they're pretty good at responding.
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

Glad to see that the pool will soon be open again. I'm poised to dive in with my customary vigor and optimism, for the umpty-teenth time.

Good luck to all.
debramc
Iced Mare Grub

Post by debramc »

ihavejeoprosy wrote:
econgator wrote: Hmmm ... I wonder how that affects me. I was booked for the last in-person audition, but due to a massive pile-up on the interstate, I couldn't make it on time.

If I understand correctly, you did not make the audition? In that case it would make sense to try out again since they probably don't have your info on file. You could email them as they're pretty good at responding.
I just want to second the suggestion to email any concerns about eligibility. I have emailed them about the online test in the past and they did respond promptly.
Good luck all!
PowerofHoodoo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by PowerofHoodoo »

debramc wrote:
ihavejeoprosy wrote:

I just want to second the suggestion to email any concerns about eligibility. I have emailed them about the online test in the past and they did respond promptly.
Good luck all!
As debramc said, email the address from your invitation to audition. One year the online test was about 2-3 weeks less than 18 months after I had an in-person interview. I emailed to ask if it was okay to take the test; they promptly told me it would be fine.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I've said it before that I auditioned in early August 2007, took the online test again in late January 2009 (17 and a half months later), (scored a 34,) and got The Call a month after that.
earendel

Post by earendel »

ihavejeoprosy wrote:
I took the test in January 2012 but was one of those whose test results weren't registered, so there was a retest in May. I got invited to an audition in September 2012 in Chicago. At that audition Maggie stated specifically that we would be in the pool for 18 months (through April 2014) but that we could take the test in January 2014 for real, not just for fun.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."
Golf
Wet Paper Bag Charmer

Post by Golf »

For what it's worth, the current practice test is the online test from Tuesday, January 27th, 2009.
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

I transferred the instructions and other info about the upcoming test on the Jeopardy! site into a pdf if you want to see everything on one page or print it out for convenience. http://getonjeopardy.com/jeopardy!_online_test_info.pdf
slam
Auditioning Since 1985

Post by slam »

Once more into the breach!

I've lost track of how many times I've tried to get on to the show. But if I recall correctly, 2014 will the merely the 29th anniversary of my first effort to do so. :( Admittedly, I have not auditioned nearly every year since then.

I did note the lack of a convenient NYC location. I find it hard to believe they'll be skipping NYC given the number of sessions they've held here in the past, but maybe heading out of town will be just the thing to change my karma and make this time different from past times.
gamawire
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by gamawire »

I emailed J! about taking the test "for fun," and here is the response (thought I'd share in case anyone else is affected):

Hello,

If you would like to take the Online Test just for fun, complete the registration as planned, but please check the “Yes” box for any of the questions on the “Show History” page.

Good luck!
"It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing." -- Seneca
NYCScribbler
Harbinger of the Outchange

Post by NYCScribbler »

My husband's taking the test. I'm psyched.
"Who said anything about a horse?!"

"Also, how the bleep did I forget Russia even exists?!"- TPH
DadofTwins

Post by DadofTwins »

My apologies to those who have come to expect it, but this year I won't be able to produce a practice version of the Online Test. There are still several from past years floating around in the ether if you'd like to take one to see what it is like. There are also several archived versions of the Real Thing on this board and elsewhere.

Good luck to all.
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

I generally carry a chromebook around these days, and it worked fine for the three sample questions on the site. Does anyone know a reason it might not work on the real test?
I'm smart and I want respect.
mrparadise

Post by mrparadise »

I've registered for Tuesday's test but may not be able to take it. I've emailed J! to ask if If I can use my confirmation number for Wednesday's test but I haven't heard back yet and I'm wondering if anyone here might know. Thanks.
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

In the past, the confirmation number has worked for any of the tests, but only once. Whether that's still true or not, I don't know. Especially since I think they used to tell us that fact in the signing-up process, and they neglected to mention it this time. (Of course, they also didn't offer the "for fun" option and that's allowed merely by answering all the questions truthfully.)