Introduce Yourself Here

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

VaBanque
Contributor

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Post by VaBanque »

My name is Krzysztof (Christopher) and I from Poland. I register in this board because want talk about "Jeopardy!" and international version this tv quiz include version in my country with title from my nickname.
Last edited by VaBanque on Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ParrotRob
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by ParrotRob »

I guess I never new this thread was here. Rob from Maryland. Been lurking on the forum for some time and have recently taken a little more active role.

My J! history goes way back to the in-person test at Resorts in Atlantic CIty, NJ (in the mid-90's, back when it was still "Merv Griffin's Resorts"). There were only ten questions at the time and I'm convinced I missed a callback when I had a brain-fart and answered "Christa MacAuliffe" to a simple question whose answer was obviously "Sally Ride".

Most recently I last took the online test in 2018. I was invited to, and attended, an audition in Philadelphia in September of that year. As a result, I can't test through at least March of this year. I religiously play along every day (with the prior day's DVR'ed episode) and average around $40k Coryats, depending on the categories, of course. My wheelhouse categories are geography, math, music before 1990 and the hard sciences (chemistry, physics, biology...). I suck at Broadway, Shakespeare, poetry, modern music, and movies made after 1950 (although I'd run a category on 1930's or 1940's movies, pre-code movies or film noir).
--
Drowning in the pool
gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by gameshowfandanny »

My name is Danny. I am a big game show fan. My vice principal in middle school was on Jeopardy! on October 24 and 25, 2006. I love playing the Jeopardy! video game on the Nintendo Switch. I usually win as I almost always bet true daily doubles because the clues from the Switch game are usually repeated.
Shaquebanisa
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Shaquebanisa »

My name is Parker. I live in the far northwest suburbs of Chicago, and I've been watching and playing Jeopardy religiously for the past four years.

This past test was the third test I've taken since being eligible, and it was the highest I've gotten to date. Fingers crossed this gets me to my first audition.
RougeGod

Post by RougeGod »

Hey everyone. I am Baxter, a high schooler from Winnipeg. I have been reading this board for so long, playing most of the TDs, reading through the topics. I finally decided to get an account here. This forum seems fun, and is far more civil than the others that I read.
tddeveryday
DIY Problem Solver

Post by tddeveryday »

Hey. I wanted to introduce myself now even though I joined this board 2 years ago. I stopped posting shortly after I started, but I kept visiting because there is so much valuable discussion happening here. I want to start posting here again and I think I can add a lot to this community. I will either fulfill this prophecy or we can return to this message months from now and laugh at my hubris. :D
My lucky numbers are 6, 66, and 666.
Sam Hobbs
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by Sam Hobbs »

I am Sam. I am a retired computer programmer; sometimes I say software developer.

I was hoping I could ask what programming/scripting language that the Jeopardy staff (producers?) use. I assume they have electronic access to dictionaries and encyclopedias and all the reference material they get clues from. For many of the categories it seems they must have used a script to find the clues. I wonder what language it is that they use.

On a totally different subject, I wanted to suggest that sometime when they have a category with all the clues in French (or nearly all French) they get Julie Payette to read the clues. I think French is the only thing that Alex Trebek did not do well and so far I have not heard a host speak French as beautifully as Julie Payette.