Trebek's replacement: short bench

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

harrumph
Voyeur

Re: Trebek's replacement: short bench

Post by harrumph »

I assume that AT made more money during KJ's run than KJ did.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Well, if you believe the online estimates of a $10,000,000 salary and, what? 46 weeks of original shows ... that's $43.5k per show.
StatGuy
Contributor

Post by StatGuy »

FWIW, Brad is on the Pat Kiernan train:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2 ... er/cjxyfpv
floridagator
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by floridagator »

I'd rather cuddle then have sex. If you're into grammar, you'll understand.
Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test

Post by Rackme32 »

I didn't spend the time cruising thru this entire thread to see if she'd been mentioned, but I nominate Brooke Burns from GSN.

She's smart, experienced, deals with speedy question reading extremely well, doesn't seem uncomfortable with extremely brainy people at all, and speaks very clearly... And looks good doing it besides...

I think if they hired Neil DeGrasse Tyson, they'd have to cut the show down to 31 clues instead of 61. He's barely faster reading clues than Oprah.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Matthew McConaughey would be a surprise all right.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Rackme32 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:14 pm I think if they hired Neil DeGrasse Tyson, they'd have to cut the show down to 31 clues instead of 61. He's barely faster reading clues than Oprah.
Get John Moschitta. They'd have an entire week's worth of games done in five minutes.
Leander

Post by Leander »

Rackme32 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:14 pm I didn't spend the time cruising thru this entire thread to see if she'd been mentioned, but I nominate Brooke Burns from GSN.

She's smart, experienced, deals with speedy question reading extremely well, doesn't seem uncomfortable with extremely brainy people at all, and speaks very clearly... And looks good doing it besides...
I’ve been thinking the same lately.
ouachiouat

Post by ouachiouat »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:00 pm Matthew McConaughey would be a surprise all right alright alright.
FTFY
Johnblue

Post by Johnblue »

Leander wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:44 pm
Rackme32 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:14 pm I didn't spend the time cruising thru this entire thread to see if she'd been mentioned, but I nominate Brooke Burns from GSN.

I said this years ago, which is possibly a couple of pages back. She’s very good on MasterMinds.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Johnblue wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:14 am
Leander wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:44 pm

I said this years ago, which is possibly a couple of pages back. She’s very good on MasterMinds.
This thread got me to go watch MasterMinds for the first time, and I'm not sold on Brooke as the best choice for Jeopardy! She certainly has a wow factor, but the format of MasterMinds doesn't let us see her do much of anything off the cuff.

Trebek is irreplaceable!
heppm01

Post by heppm01 »

ouachiouat wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:55 pm
This Is Kirk! wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:00 pm Matthew McConaughey would be a surprise all right alright alright.
FTFY
This is the reason the board needs a "Like" button!
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

The more I think about it, the more on board with this I get.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Being able to read off the answers quickly on a continuous basis is the main requirement for the job. You don’t have to play to the audience or move things along like on Wheel.