Ben Ingram does an AMA on Reddit.

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

jpr281
Loyal Jeopardista

Ben Ingram does an AMA on Reddit.

Post by jpr281 »

goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Re: Ben Ingram does an AMA on Reddit.

Post by goatman »

Ben's study tip:

"J-archive was the tool I used most in preparing. I would go through eight or nine games an hour. This way, come show time I would feel like I had more time to focus on a correct response and decide to signal or not. I kept track of Coryats as well as Coryats/combined Coryats, and I held steady in the first metric but the second went up about .008% a game on average.

When not on the Archive I would hit the "weight room" and go through Pavlovs of things in which I was bad, like literature or fine arts. Some lists I prepared myself, others I copied from different sources. I wrote them by hand and pasted them around the walls of my office, so I would always see them. Some I would misspell on purpose, the better to remember them.

I read (past and present tense) for fun, and that's important too, because you remember best that way. I did not use Anki heavily but I recommend it if you're into flash cards."

J-Board: #1 prep tool! :ugeek:
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!
MDaunt
Weighed in the balance and found wanting

Post by MDaunt »

A masochist, eh?
cosmos
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by cosmos »

Still don't know what he said during those long opening monologues. :) And what he said when he was shaking his head "no" after Julia's wager was revealed, which he seemed to repeat after another contestant's daily double. "Hi mom, hi mom?" "Weight room, weight room?" I gots to know. :)
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

goatman wrote:"J-archive was the tool I used most in preparing. I would go through eight or nine games an hour. This way, come show time I would feel like I had more time to focus on a correct response and decide to signal or not.
Sounds like a quote made for a splash screen testimonial! May we, FireAntsDefense?
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Robert K S wrote:
goatman wrote:"J-archive was the tool I used most in preparing. I would go through eight or nine games an hour. This way, come show time I would feel like I had more time to focus on a correct response and decide to signal or not.
Sounds like a quote made for a splash screen testimonial! May we, FireAntsDefense?
The best response to a question like "May we?" is "Mais, oui!"

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
FireAntsDefense
This is the Big One

Post by FireAntsDefense »

bpmod wrote:
Robert K S wrote:
The best response to a question like "May we?" is "Mais, oui!"

Brian
What Brian said. Nothing would give me greater pleasure.