When/how do you watch your Jeopardy?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

When/how do you watch your Jeopardy?

When it airs, every night
29%
When it airs, a couple nights a week
25%
When it airs, occasionally
5%
Time-shifted, every night
26%
Time-shifted, a couple nights a week
23%
Time-shifted, occasionally
16%
Time-shifted, accumulate and then binge-watch
6%
I can't watch Jeopardy
3%
I don't want to watch Jeopardy
No votes
Other
3%

Total votes: 77

Sherm
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: When/how do you watch your Jeopardy?

Post by Sherm »

trainman wrote:
Sherm wrote:Give it a year or two, and I'll be able to purchase the ESPN package, you can see it's coming, and it will probably cost 5 or 10 bucks.
I would expect more along the lines of $20-$25 monthly for an ESPN live-streaming package. (I suspect it's going to cannibalize a significant number of cable/satellite subscribers, and they've got to make that money back somehow.)
It's too much, people won't buy it. If you are paying $50 or $60 for cable. People aren't going to pay 40% of that to have 3 or 4 ESPN channels if they are dropping cable. I think HBO is the first to branch out and I think it is $5 and I still wouldn't buy it. There is no way ESPN is getting anything close to $20 per cable viewer. The number is surely less than $5. They might push it to $10, but that would be pushing it, especially when I can already get some ESPN streaming for free. There is no doubt, TV is going to change radically over the next five years. It will be interesting if DirecTV, Dish and the cables don't start to drop rates, because they are going to go the way of Blockbuster video unless they make a radical change.

Sorry to Hijack the thread little bit, but I find this kind of stuff interesting. The world does keep changing and what we are used to keeps evolving. I grew up on three TV channels in a world that was pre-cable. I remember first getting cable and about 15 stations in the late 70's in our small town. We thought it was great. A kid these days would call that package torture. :)
clprez
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by clprez »

There was an announcement earlier this year of an online streaming package that includes ESPN for $20 a month. There are other channels too, but I think it's the first time ESPN has been offered.

http://time.com/3654056/dish-network-sl ... pn-online/
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

Sherm wrote:I think HBO is the first to branch out and I think it is $5 and I still wouldn't buy it.
HBO Now, their new standalone streaming/VOD service, is $15 a month.
Silverfox
Don't Step on My Tail!

Post by Silverfox »

In my area J! comes on at 7:00 pm. So I record it and watch the previously recorded Daytime J! at 7:00. Then at 7:30 I watch and play along with the 7:00 episode. I try to avoid commercials whenever possible.
Be alert. Stupid never takes a day off!