500 Questions [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

sarisson
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: 500 Questions [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Post by sarisson »

ZachTheRiah wrote:If you tweak the format for the classroom, my Algebra kids got really into playing "50 questions". (Since time ran out in class, we weren't able to finish the board; they played for extra credit points.)
This is great. I'm also a math teacher and I'd like to implement something like this. Some teachers in my school have used Kahoot- which is in WWTBAM format- as a game, but that isn't difficult enough. I put a LearnedLeague question on one of my precalc tests, and everyone got it right.
Hoping for a third lap
Carpe Diem
Boardeh

Post by Carpe Diem »

Winchell Factor wrote:J! has you blacked out for 6 months after the initial air date of your last game.

J! and many other game shows, though, won't take a player who's appeared in another game or reality show in the previous 12 months, so that makes the blackout period effectively more like a year in a lot of cases.
Six months between tape dates and one year between air dates is sticking in my mind for some reason. (I may be thinking of something else. It may also have changed.)
ZachTheRiah
In Search of the Unknown

Post by ZachTheRiah »

sarisson wrote:Some teachers in my school have used Kahoot- which is in WWTBAM format- as a game, but that isn't difficult enough.
I have used Kahoots also. The problem I have with Kahoots is that students guess more than do math; it feels like one of those Facebook games where you guess the answer quickly without having to do anything, just so you can beat your friends. Yet, the kids like it. And, when I have tried non-math Kahoots, like famous logos, kids will pull 100% almost consistently. :?

If you want classroom "50 questions" ideas, PM me and I can send you some things I do to make it work.
Rex Kramer wrote:"Battle Question! Besides 6, name the first 20 perfect numbers."
Like!
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by CasketRomance »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Fri May 29, 2015 5:07 am I liked how the question about Susan B. Anthony's middle name was followed by the question about Barbie's middle name. I wish Adam had had the presence of mind to guess "Brownell" for that one. :)
i know barbie's middle name...couldn't have told you what anthony's middle name was...i didn't know anthony's but know that the b in jessica b fletcher was beatrice...give me pop cultural history over political history