I know we've got a few folks on here from Baltimore

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

BobF
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: I know we've got a few folks on here from Baltimore

Post by BobF »

Winchell Factor wrote:
amorris525 wrote:As someone who spent 20 years in Northern Virginia and now lives in Maryland, I can attest that people in neither state know how to drive, including Fairfax.
We drive bad. I'll admit that. In fact, every time I travel anywhere other than Boston, I'm reminded how aggressive drivers are in Maryland, DC and NoVa.
My driving style would be something my wife would call "passive-aggressive". :-)

Yes, I tend to be somewhat aggressive at times, but I make a very conscious effort to never cut anybody off because I know that will lead to a chain reaction of brake lights behind the person I cut off. The goal of my aggressiveness is not to make me win and the other driver lose, it's to get myself out of a pack that seems to always occur on Maryland roads and work my way up to the next pack. We seem to have a ton of people who yak on their cell phones while driving and probably inadvertently create rolling roadblocks in doing so. I am the roadblock buster.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!

georgespelvin
The Charlie Brown of Jeopardy Auditions

Post by georgespelvin »

Rex Kramer wrote:P.S. -- Of course, now I'm in SoCal, safe from any possible rioting.
Not if you lived in LA. Watts and Rodney King. I have no doubt that if, heaven forbid, similar circumstances arose as has happened in Ferguson, NYC and Baltimore it could happen there.
I used to be AWSOP but wanted to be more theatrical.

georgespelvin

Post by georgespelvin »

jfrumkin wrote: As for Baltimore, one of the great cities of American history going way back and my hometown, I'm sorry that I hear so often that people (not necessarily Dyson, can't speak to that) judge it on a TV show that was fictional (if written incredibly well) and could have, as David Simon would say, taken place in any number of mid-size cities in the country. Also, our football team is great and has a literary name, which is even better.
Sorry to reopen the can of worms here, especially since I've actually become Facebook friends with the person I used to flamethrow with on the topic on the old Sony boards, but "your" football team was stolen from the city of Cleveland. This after having faced the heartbreak of having your own football team stolen.
I used to be AWSOP but wanted to be more theatrical.

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

georgespelvin wrote:
jfrumkin wrote: As for Baltimore, one of the great cities of American history going way back and my hometown, I'm sorry that I hear so often that people (not necessarily Dyson, can't speak to that) judge it on a TV show that was fictional (if written incredibly well) and could have, as David Simon would say, taken place in any number of mid-size cities in the country. Also, our football team is great and has a literary name, which is even better.
Sorry to reopen the can of worms here, especially since I've actually become Facebook friends with the person I used to flamethrow with on the topic on the old Sony boards, but "your" football team was stolen from the city of Cleveland. This after having faced the heartbreak of having your own football team stolen.
The Colts were stolen by Indianapolis, which came up on Wednesday's show and sparked a comment about their controversial law.

georgespelvin

Post by georgespelvin »

Yes, and then Baltimore went ahead and stole Cleveland's team. Two wrongs don't make a right. Moreover, those fans that still criticize Indianapolis for taking the Colts who also root for Baltimore's current team are hypocrites.

BobF
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by BobF »

georgespelvin wrote:Yes, and then Baltimore went ahead and stole Cleveland's team. Two wrongs don't make a right. Moreover, those fans that still criticize Indianapolis for taking the Colts who also root for Baltimore's current team are hypocrites.
I would not, could not root for the Ravens as long as they were owned by Art Modell, who moved them from Cleveland because of all the taxpayer (i.e. from me and my family) goodies the former governor gave him to move the team. Once he sold the team, I softened my stance, but I'm still a Giants fan.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!

jfrumkin
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by jfrumkin »

georgespelvin wrote:
And Cleveland got an expansion franchise four years later while Baltimore had been passed over for Charlotte and Jacksonville. How's that Jacksonville franchise doing? Open away anyway, I don't feel guilty or plan to argue about it. I'm not bitter about the 27 championships that the Baltimore Orioles won after they were taken to New York in 1903.
Twitter: @jfrumkin

silverscreentest
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by silverscreentest »

jfrumkin wrote:
georgespelvin wrote:
And Cleveland got an expansion franchise four years later while Baltimore had been passed over for Charlotte and Jacksonville. How's that Jacksonville franchise doing? Open away anyway, I don't feel guilty or plan to argue about it. I'm not bitter about the 27 championships that the Baltimore Orioles won after they were taken to New York in 1903.
Baseball Reference has removed the 1901-1902 Orioles from Yankees history. Only five players from the 1902 Orioles played on the 1903 Highlanders. By that definition, the Orioles folded and did not move, with the Highlanders created to take their place.
Silver Screen Test, my movie trivia game show. Watch some of the episodes On-Demand.

triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Can't we all just get along?
Total game show career losings = $171,522