Monday, June 1, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Re: Monday, June 1, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by opusthepenguin »

willwoodlen wrote:
DHicton wrote:
rouquinne wrote:
floridagator wrote:I have a feeling our Canadian board members are experiencing aneurysms right now. The players blew all five of the Canadian cities clues.
Not an aneurysm, but I was kind of in shock that they were unable to deduce "Moose Jaw" from that waaaayyyyyy too obvious clue!

:lol:
I know. It used to be one of the few places in Canada that Americans had ever heard of. And seven-eighths of the right response was right there in the word "Moose Javian".

I hope that if the US ever thinks of invading Canada again, Sgt Pike will lead the way. There'll be a lot of pissed off Mexicans.
I'm not Canadian, but I love Canada and I like geography, so I would have chosen that category first. And prevented many aneurysms.
Pet peeve here. Aneurysms aren't the problem. You might have one right now. Might have had it for years. It wasn't caused all of a sudden by some traumatic event. But a sudden traumatic event might cause the aneurysm to BURST. Then you've got a problem.

Sorry about that. Didn't mean to scare anyone.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

Volante wrote:
BigDaddyMatty wrote:Responding to TPH's questioning how anyone could possibly know Ted Kennedy's middle name? Inquiring minds want to know.
Fitzgerald should be Pavlov for JFK's middle name. Spotted the other F for RFK. That leaves E"T"MK.
I know that. You know that. I was making a joke by pre-calling--the premise of the rhetorical questions is that I hadn't yet read the thread--TPH being mystified by that.
Sprinkles are for winners.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
Volante wrote:
BigDaddyMatty wrote:Responding to TPH's questioning how anyone could possibly know Ted Kennedy's middle name? Inquiring minds want to know.
Fitzgerald should be Pavlov for JFK's middle name. Spotted the other F for RFK. That leaves E"T"MK.
I know that. You know that. I was making a joke by pre-calling--the premise of the rhetorical questions is that I hadn't yet read the thread--TPH being mystified by that.
7 pages in I thought I missed it...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)