Monday, October 12, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Vanya
The support is non-zero

Re: Monday, October 12, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Vanya »

It's ironic Mormons are outraged about sex on TV. You'd think it would help with their ultimate goal, which is to have as many children as possible.
MitchO
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MitchO »

Vanya wrote:It's ironic Mormons are outraged about sex on TV. You'd think it would help with their ultimate goal, which is to have as many children as possible.
I don't think the fact that it's on TV increases the odds any ...
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I need to check this show out.
patkav
The Chicago Mauler

Post by patkav »

MitchO wrote:
dhkendall wrote:In brief, J! can ask about GoT because there's plenty SFW parts that they can ask about. Such is not the case for Big Breasted Vixens 23.
Well, no not 23 ... they clearly lost the plot line by then.
I wish you both would stop besmirching my body of work.
stevo4212

Post by stevo4212 »

You think the truth about GOT is that its so boring it needs ocassional sex scenes to attract viewers? I suppose its the reason ppl are going to croatia today, to see Dubrovnik or something? Here we have the real reason not to ask about it. Or I just dont like that show. Why does HBO get away with only ten episodes per season? Curb your enthusiasm was great. Is it really over?
davey

Post by davey »

stevo4212 wrote:You think the truth about GOT is that its so boring it needs ocassional sex scenes to attract viewers? I suppose its the reason ppl are going to croatia today, to see Dubrovnik or something? Here we have the real reason not to ask about it. Or I just dont like that show. Why does HBO get away with only ten episodes per season? Curb your enthusiasm was great. Is it really over?
How many would you like of this show that you can't abide but seem to know an awful lot about? 10 (to 13) is pretty standard for a cable drama.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

davey wrote:
stevo4212 wrote:You think the truth about GOT is that its so boring it needs ocassional sex scenes to attract viewers? I suppose its the reason ppl are going to croatia today, to see Dubrovnik or something? Here we have the real reason not to ask about it. Or I just dont like that show. Why does HBO get away with only ten episodes per season? Curb your enthusiasm was great. Is it really over?
How many would you like of this show that you can't abide but seem to know an awful lot about? 10 (to 13) is pretty standard for a cable drama.
Srsly. Sopranos, Tudors, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, all 10-13 a season. Less room for filler episodes, they can focus on the mythos.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

MollyQMurphy wrote:
OSXpert wrote:
MollyQMurphy wrote:(What I don't recall from that particular match is whether the result is different if they accept his answer. Maybe it didn't matter except to him?)
He was going to lose either way.
Thanks! I had gotten myself a little righteously mad on his behalf writing that. If it didn't matter to the result, that's much less bad karma.
Thanks for Internetting properly! I (if not all of us) have plenty of times been emotionally swayed and poured out our emotions on a post or situation, only to realize afterwards we overextended our expectations or misapplied our framing. That no one here rose to feel offended or try to sway you further should indicate that The Emanciptation [Sic]ness is a remnant of settled J! law.

I have another salve to apply to the situation, one I'm not sure you're aware of. The Emanciptation Kid and his parents' behavior buried the real lede in the story- Thomas (TEK) had $9.600 and wagered $3K, ending up with $6,600. The eventual winner, Skyler Hornback, had $36,600 (!!!) and wagered $30K LIKE A BOSS (tho not a Wagering Viking) because he is a Civil War knowledge prodigy. 66K of real money for a kid!!!!! When I think of all the interviews TEK and his family got and how it should have been directed to the Hornbacks...that's the real tragedy (if there is one). In general how many schmoes think of The Kid Who Wuz Robbed!!! and not The Kid Who Broke J!?

Also in general I find a helpful distinction is between JUSTICE and FAIRNESS- the ruling may have appeared or in fact be INJUST in your mind, but to determine if it is UNFAIR (that is, unequally applied) necessitates heavier research and in general the masses here know it to be a fair ruling. More cynically, J! has an entertainment empire to prioritize over one kid's feelings.