Online Test Recap & Discussion (Central), January 27, 2016

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MollyQMurphy
Silver Medalist

Re: Online Test Recap & Discussion (Central), January 27, 2016

Post by MollyQMurphy »

Had 41 last night (real test)(might have been 40, depending on how picky they are on spelling). This test felt easier, but I got 39. Got tripped up by the popular culture stuff (didn't know Green Day or Gwen Stefani q's) mostly. Spelled "praetorian" "praetorium", so don't know whether that would've been accepted...

I did get "complementary" because it was a TS at the $1000 or $2000 level this week; I'm wondering if they threw it in there because of that? Can't remember what night that aired.
Pending...
richardt
Contributor

Post by richardt »

MollyQMurphy wrote:Had 41 last night (real test)(might have been 40, depending on how picky they are on spelling). This test felt easier, but I got 39. Got tripped up by the popular culture stuff (didn't know Green Day or Gwen Stefani q's) mostly. Spelled "praetorian" "praetorium", so don't know whether that would've been accepted...

I did get "complementary" because it was a TS at the $1000 or $2000 level this week; I'm wondering if they threw it in there because of that? Can't remember what night that aired.
It was a $800 Question on the 28th, 1 day after the test. see game 7224 http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=5177
Johnblue
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Johnblue »

I wonder if they would have accepted "complimentary" since it sounds alike but has a different meaning.
Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Post by Magna »

Johnblue wrote:I wonder if they would have accepted "complimentary" since it sounds alike but has a different meaning.
Both on the show and on the written test, I'm sure they would. On the show, there wouldn't have been any way to tell which word a contestant was saying. Here's what the FAQ page says about written responses:
Correct spelling definitely helps in the test grading process, but - just like on the show - you will not be penalized for errors in spelling as long as they do not change the way the response would be spoken.
Last edited by Magna on Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
kromiumman

Post by kromiumman »

Still lurking on this thread, and wondering if we're ever going to get the transcript of the clues...?
Golf
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Golf »

kromiumman wrote:Still lurking on this thread, and wondering if we're ever going to get the transcript of the clues...?
Feel free to watch Sherder's video and type out the Q & A's for us.

A link to the transcript was posted the night of the test.
richardt
Contributor

Post by richardt »

kromiumman wrote:Still lurking on this thread, and wondering if we're ever going to get the transcript of the clues...?

Try page 2 of this thread about halfway down. (follow the bucket of chicken... not the white rabbit)