The Dreaded Solicitation Request

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

alietr
Site Admin

The Dreaded Solicitation Request

Post by alietr »

Not to start a trend on here, but I'll make an exception this time since it's me. I will be riding my bike in the Five Boro Bike Tour on May 1st, and am multitasking by raising money for Doctors Without Borders. I've reached $1,000 of my $1,500 goal, and YOU can help. Yes, YOU! They are a truly worthwhile organization that I have given to for years and years. I would of course appreciate your considering making a donation and help me meet and hopefully exceed my goal. Additional details are on my fundraising page. Please consider it. And even if you do not donate, your JBoard login will still work.

Support Andy! Donate to Doctors Without Borders

Many thanks,
Andy
Judy5cents
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: The Dreaded Solicitation Request

Post by Judy5cents »

Check's in the mail...OK, somewhere in cyberspace, but you get the idea. I applaud your stamina and your generosity. And you're right, Doctors Without Borders truly is a worthwhile organization, they put their own lives on the line to help people who desperately need it. Good luck and I hope you get plenty of backers.
John Boy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by John Boy »

Hope TPTB look kindly on your effort. Good luck with your goal. I won't be making a pledge, only because I just finished making a similar pledge for the college-student son of a dear friend. He's in AFROTC and raising $ for widows and orphans of service people who have been killed in action. His goal is to run 100 miles in 24 hours.

To me the sheer audacity of such a challenge makes it even more of a must-do charitable event than the charity alone. He was a wrestler in h.s. but even that kind of endurance would seem to be inadequate for this kind of run. I'll be impressed if he makes 50 miles.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Wait, I thought we declared war on Doctors Without Borders.
Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Post by Magna »

opusthepenguin wrote:Wait, I thought we declared war on Doctors Without Borders.
You must be thinking of Boardies without Doctorates.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Judy5cents wrote:Check's in the mail...OK, somewhere in cyberspace, but you get the idea. I applaud your stamina and your generosity. And you're right, Doctors Without Borders truly is a worthwhile organization, they put their own lives on the line to help people who desperately need it. Good luck and I hope you get plenty of backers.
Thank you kindly, Ms. Judy. I hope that your name is not a consequence of your generosity.
John Boy wrote:Hope TPTB look kindly on your effort. Good luck with your goal. I won't be making a pledge, only because I just finished making a similar pledge for the college-student son of a dear friend. He's in AFROTC and raising $ for widows and orphans of service people who have been killed in action. His goal is to run 100 miles in 24 hours.

To me the sheer audacity of such a challenge makes it even more of a must-do charitable event than the charity alone. He was a wrestler in h.s. but even that kind of endurance would seem to be inadequate for this kind of run. I'll be impressed if he makes 50 miles.
TPTB c'est moi. And thanks. Under the circumstances, I completely understand.

As for the rest of you, if you post in this thread, YOU GIVE!
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

<Bump> There's still time to give, y'know ...
MollyQMurphy
Silver Medalist

Post by MollyQMurphy »

Magna wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:Wait, I thought we declared war on Doctors Without Borders.
You must be thinking of Boardies without Doctorates.
OOohhh. I see what you did there. Breathtaking. :D
Pending...
MollyQMurphy
Silver Medalist

Post by MollyQMurphy »

alietr wrote: ...

That'll teach me to read to the end before I write something! Kidding...was happy to make a small donation, even before I saw this! GL
Pending...
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

MollyQMurphy wrote:
alietr wrote: ...

That'll teach me to read to the end before I write something! Kidding...was happy to make a small donation, even before I saw this! GL
Now that is a Boardie! Thanks, Ms. Molly!
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Yay! I have officially met my fundraising goal for Doctors Without Borders thanks, in part, to you wonderful Boardies! But there is still time to help contribute more, should you be so inclined (and yes, I'll stop asking soon). Thanks to one and all who have helped or will be helping!

http://events.doctorswithoutborders.org ... antID=3551
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more. I've met my goal, but in case anyone missed it, or found a few bucks under the cushion on the sofa, or forgot about it and wanted to help, I'll make one last request as the day draws nigh:

http://events.doctorswithoutborders.org ... antID=3551