Friday, July 22, 2016 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Re: Friday, July 22, 2016 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by econgator »

opusthepenguin wrote:A more natural translation might be The Kwai River Bridge.
That would be the actual translation.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

OSXpert wrote:Never heard of Mary's mother before - would have missed that one.
Yeah, that was an incredible get!
BigDaddyMatty wrote:This just shows my ignorance with respect to art. :oops: I didn't actually know what the painting looked like. I made an assumption from the title and the fact that no one wants to see dudes naked.
I think these guys (the first that came to mind) would like to have a word with you about that:

"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
thethirdmoose
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by thethirdmoose »

Looking back, I have no idea how I got Anne... it just kind of came to me. I did find myself walking through the Gate of St. Anne at Notre Dame in Paris a few weeks after taping, and that was a nice coincidence.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

dhkendall wrote:
OSXpert wrote:Never heard of Mary's mother before - would have missed that one.
Yeah, that was an incredible get!
BigDaddyMatty wrote:This just shows my ignorance with respect to art. :oops: I didn't actually know what the painting looked like. I made an assumption from the title and the fact that no one wants to see dudes naked.
I think these guys (the first that came to mind) would like to have a word with you about that:

[Nudes of dudes]
Yeah, yeah, but does anyone really want to see Floppy McJunkins coming down the staircase? Even chicks are like, "put some drawers on there, homie."
Sprinkles are for winners.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Worked 4 PM to close on both Friday AND Saturday. Ugh.

You mean "pre-" doesn't just mean "pre-" in pre-SAT? I honestly didn't know it was short for "preliminary", and was completely floored by the BMS.

I still can't keep Sawyer/Finn straight. I've even tried TOMs and I still can't keep them straight.

I will never, ever like Superman. I find him boring and overpowered.

I'm all too familiar with the term "winterizing" because the well in my current house was not winterized properly, and we spent most of our first winter here without hot water. Or heat, because our furnace was apparently a total death trap that needed total replacement.

Tough $200s for me. NHO "heat" in a racing context, "dynasty" in a sport context, or "bucket brigade"; NHO "Conan" or "Flying Dutchman", and didn't know that poison ivy can be red.

WLT Louis at $400?

Spiders from Mars was my only miss in Backing Bands.

Bureau is a piece of furniture?!

No guess on FJ! NHO the correct response.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

TenPoundHammer wrote:I still can't keep Sawyer/Finn straight. I've even tried TOMs and I still can't keep them straight.
Yeah, the Tease-Out Metric might not be enough here. What you need is some Helpful Undisciplined Children Knowledge.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

TenPoundHammer wrote: WLT Louis at $400?
I'm pretty sure the clue pointed out he was the first of 18, ergo, this: http://www.jboard.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3608#p218379
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
soxfan99
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by soxfan99 »

clprez wrote:This was one of those finals where the answer just popped into my head, and I don't know why. I had to google it to see what it looked like, and of course it was obvious.
I had the opposite thing happened. I immediately knew what painting it was referring to and could picture it in my head, but I didn't know its name.