Upcoming tests!

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Re: Upcoming tests!

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

It's now saying that I'm signed up for the test in general, and not a specific date. While I can take it either tonight or tomorrow night, I'm not sure if this is a problem or how to fix it, since nothing I click on seems to change it to a specific night.
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by jeff6286 »

Cat Hammarskjold wrote:It's now saying that I'm signed up for the test in general, and not a specific date. While I can take it either tonight or tomorrow night, I'm not sure if this is a problem or how to fix it, since nothing I click on seems to change it to a specific night.
Never have they had you sign up for a specific night, you signup for the test and then pick which of the three nights you'd like to take it by simply showing up and logging in that night.
jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

jeff6286 wrote:
Cat Hammarskjold wrote:It's now saying that I'm signed up for the test in general, and not a specific date. While I can take it either tonight or tomorrow night, I'm not sure if this is a problem or how to fix it, since nothing I click on seems to change it to a specific night.
Never have they had you sign up for a specific night, you signup for the test and then pick which of the three nights you'd like to take it by simply showing up and logging in that night.
Actually, they did previously have people sign up for a specific test night, but also with the caveat that you were allowed to take it on any night it was offered. They probably stopped doing that because it was basically unnecessary. It was back in the 2011-12 timeframe if my memory is correct.
Leopardy!
Contributor

Post by Leopardy! »

triviawayne wrote:I picked Raleigh for my audition city, and that city didn't happen.

I don't know if they're bagging everything and just going in six month cycles, then making people stick to their area; or if they have other plans.

With my millionaire appearance done, I wonder what will happen for my eligibility. I'm not worried as it would likely be at least a year between appearances anyway with the timing of things.

That said, have many millionaire contestants gone on to jeopardy? I know several made the reverse trip.
Uh-oh. Just took the test--but I didn't see a place to pick an audition city when I signed up. Now what?
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

Leopardy! wrote:
triviawayne wrote:I picked Raleigh for my audition city, and that city didn't happen.

I don't know if they're bagging everything and just going in six month cycles, then making people stick to their area; or if they have other plans.

With my millionaire appearance done, I wonder what will happen for my eligibility. I'm not worried as it would likely be at least a year between appearances anyway with the timing of things.

That said, have many millionaire contestants gone on to jeopardy? I know several made the reverse trip.
Uh-oh. Just took the test--but I didn't see a place to pick an audition city when I signed up. Now what?
They apparently dropped the option to choose a city this go-around, and will simply call passers to a nearby location based on zip codes.
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

jeff6286 wrote:
They apparently dropped the option to choose a city this go-around, and will simply call passers to a nearby location based on zip codes.
and, importantly, postal codes.
Leopardy!
Contributor

Post by Leopardy! »

boson wrote:
jeff6286 wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Good luck to all!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

boson wrote:
jeff6286 wrote:
Well, I better get called from the pool again because there's never any "nearby" city to me. (Minneapolis is the closest and it's a day's (8 hour) drive from here. My Kansas City one (probably the closest from that bunch) turned out to be 14 hours from my sister's (where we stopped the previous night), 15.5 if it would be from home, although my wife insisted on more stops than I wanted)

Yay for living in the boonies?
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

merlekins wrote:In answer to the lack of option to choose "just for fun," I went for it and asked contact@support.jeopardy.com. Here was their reply:

"We removed this option because we want to reach out to all participants who pass the test.
If you pass and don't want to come in for an in person audition that is your choice
but we want to make sure everyone who passes has the option."

However, Morbeedo's question sure is interesting, especially in light of the info received above !?!
Update: I emailed Jeopardy support and they updated my profile to "No". Yikes! Check your profile people!