FJs for the 10/17/16 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Which FJ! clues did you solve correctly for the 10/17/16 week?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:57 pm

In the same year as Waterloo, the Duke of Wellington’s brother-in-law General Edward Pakenham died in this battle in North America
76%
He's won 4 Emmys, 3 Grammys, an Oscar & 3 Tonys, & 3 of his films rank on AFI's list of funniest movies of all time
59%
Keats’ line "The sedge is withered from the lake, and no birds sing" inspired the title of this groundbreaking book
86%
She once said that death "is no more than passing from one room into another" but "in that other room, I shall be able to see"
87%
In 2006 for the 500th anniversary of this group, members trekked from the canton of Ticino to St. Peter’s Square
67%
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I checked all five above.
31%
:( :( :( :( :( I missed all the FJ! clues.
1%
LESSER-KNOWN GRAMMYS $2000: Maya Angelou won for Spoken Word in 1993 & '95; in 1994 it was him for "Get in the Van: On the Road with Black Flag"
27%
WHAT CAN YOU BUY FOR A BUCK $800: A Crunchtada Tostada or grilled chicken taco from this chain
10%
I'M A WHEEL WATCHER $1000: Often found on the bottom of heavy furniture, it's a wheel that swivels in order to help in moving large objects
54%
I included "Explosives" as part of my correct response for the Monday clue that wanted the names in ATF.
6%
Taco Bell was my incorrect guess for the clue above that wanted Del Taco.
74%
Woody Allen was my incorrect guess for the Tuesday FJ! clue.
6%
I had "Silent Spring" at the top of my precall list off the Wednesday FJ! category.
24%
At some point during the 30 seconds of "think time" on Thursday the name Emily Dickinson occurred to me.
45%
For the Friday clue in ARCHITECTURE $1600 that wanted Australia as the correct response, I guessed wrong by thinking of a different place with a Victoria.
23%

Total votes: 127

heelsrule1988
Sports Jeopardy! Alum/VVL #19

Re: FJs for the 10/17/16 week

Post by heelsrule1988 »

:( :( :( :mrgreen: :(
:( :mrgreen: :(
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

I don't often poll common negs, but 73% for Taco Bell shows a lot of us got burned guessing. On one of today's Celebrity Name Game episodes one of the answers was Baja Fresh just to add another name in the mix with Taco Bell and Del Taco.
earendel
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by earendel »

According to Google the nearest Del Taco to my location is 261.35 miles, so it isn't surprising that I've never heard of it.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Strangely, Detroit/Toledo is the only consistent Del Taco market east of the Mississippi. I know they've previously been in South Bend, Atlanta (twice), and I think somewhere in TN.

Del Taco is a fast food Mexican chain, which would put it more in line with Taco Bell. Other fast food Mexican chains are Taco Maker, Taco Tico, Taco John's, Taco Bueno, Taco del Mar, Green Burrito, Taco Mayo...

Baja Fresh appears to be a "burrito assembly line" chain, which would put it more in line with Chipotle, Qdoba, Panchero's, etc.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

earendel wrote:According to Google the nearest Del Taco to my location is 261.35 miles, so it isn't surprising that I've never heard of it.
I was going to say I've probably got you beat, but it looks like they recently opened a couple in Orlando. Still, the only time I've ever seen one was when I was out in CA.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

11 right, 76 negged with Taco Bell.

If that's not negbait, I don't know what is. Screw the writers for that cheap-ass "gotcha".
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

:( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:( :( :mrgreen:
Did not include "explosives". I knew it wasn't Taco Bell but I didn't pull the trigger on Del Taco. I guessed the wrong Victoria to start but wouldn't have buzzed in.

222444, 18-12