Trebek has been grumpy this whole week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MofoJeopardylover
Contributor

Trebek has been grumpy this whole week

Post by MofoJeopardylover »

haha has anyone noticed he has been grumpy and not been so complimentary this week (12/26-12/29 so far). When the Stephanie Schlatter(spelling ?) lady was champ he would bring up how she didn't win big. I was thinking damn, though at least she can say she won twice on Jeopardy and money is money. Yeah it wasn't impressive but she won, and he has mentioned it being a weird week. think Alex is just ready to party for the New Year.
Kenny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Trebek has been grumpy this whole week

Post by Kenny »

Didn't AT call a contestant a "loser" a couple of weeks ago because she was a member of some sort of nerd-trivia group in her hometown? Seems like Mr. Trebek is starting to cop a ' tude (or maybe he's ready for some vacation time).
MofoJeopardylover
Contributor

Post by MofoJeopardylover »

He has given the contestants a few jabs here and there during the weeks.
twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by twelvefootboy »

First post from a newbie, but I don't think he's grumpy. Some of his pithy humor is falling flat. He tried to give some cover to the rime answer about the albatross as if the contestant just got confused (I think he didn't know the story of the poem, just the name of Coleridge's works).

Also, he tried to get jiggy when the Hula Hoop answer turned out to be a triple stumper. I don't think he had it planned in advance because who knew it would be a TS.

ps. i found this board just two weeks ago when I googled for more info on Cindy Stowell. I'm afraid I have a new guilty pleasure to cause me to lose sleep. I've been a big lifelong fan of the show, but never watched much TV and only got DVR recently.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
Lore
Valued Contributor

Post by Lore »

Kenny wrote:Didn't AT call a contestant a "loser" a couple of weeks ago because she was a member of some sort of nerd-trivia group in her hometown? Seems like Mr. Trebek is starting to cop a ' tude (or maybe he's ready for some vacation time).
He was just teasing her which he said immediately after he said that.
Last edited by Lore on Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jpr281
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jpr281 »

Trebek has always had a dry sense of humor.