LL BWA Entries

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Re: LL BWA Entries

Post by econgator »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:21 pm
gnash wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:23 pm The entries that made the list are lamer each season. Also, my brazenly targeted attempt of "Amelia Bedelia and Thorsten Integrity" (for the Victoria and Albert Museum question) did not succeed.

I gave my votes to Key Your Car, Tax Evasion, and David Byrne, the only ones that made my facial muscles move.

(No, you can't reply with "OK boomer", I am not one. Now get off my lawn!)
I usually defend the Commish's sense of humor, but I can't really argue with you this time around. I thought maybe that was just the first half, but it looks like there's been just a couple more added from the last week. I voted David Byrne and then stopped. I may run through them again, just to be sure.

I expect "Emperor Bob" will win voting, since it was probably submitted by a bunch of people.
Effing ham is at least a decent play on words.
twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by twelvefootboy »

They got me at Tax Evasion. :lol: I'm sure the author threw away the right answer fishing for the BWA because it couldn't be a better fit. Might as well build a few Trump course on those sites.

Yeah, the rest lacked humor and I doubt were funny even if I knew the inside joke. I threw "key your car" a bone and abstain for a third choice.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

For the Classical pieces, I had nothin', so I went with "A Bitchin' Inagaddadavida Guitar Solo".
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Since I saw Stefan post one, I'll add mine: for the tiddlywinks question, I went with Squidditch.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

It took a lot of restraint not to answer the "Cry of Dolores" question with "Mulva".
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Yesterday there was a case where the MCWA for one of the questions was probably funnier than anything put down that was an actual attempt to be funny:
The WPA standard (known as "American style") prescribes angular pockets that funnel inward, with side pockets being slightly larger. The WEPF standard ("British style"), by contrast, dictates smaller, narrower pockets with nearly parallel sides, with all pockets being the same size. The WPA and the WEPF are governing bodies for what (as indicated by their respective names)?
MCWA: pants at 7%! :lol:
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:45 pm Yesterday there was a case where the MCWA for one of the questions was probably funnier than anything put down that was an actual attempt to be funny:
The WPA standard (known as "American style") prescribes angular pockets that funnel inward, with side pockets being slightly larger. The WEPF standard ("British style"), by contrast, dictates smaller, narrower pockets with nearly parallel sides, with all pockets being the same size. The WPA and the WEPF are governing bodies for what (as indicated by their respective names)?
MCWA: pants at 7%! :lol:
I put "Women's Pants" and I was so confident. I thought the clue was playing on a joke that women's pants never have pockets and it was ironic that there are multiple standards organizations dictating their inadequate pocket sizes.
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

Had a rare double attempt on Wednesday (MD20):

4. The fifth and seventh Etruscan kings of Rome, the latter of whose reign ended in 509 BCE (and ended the Roman Kingdom), shared what name (nomen), followed immediately by Priscus and Superbus respectively? BIGGUS

6. Blind Blake's Southern _____, Blind Boy Fuller's _____ Mama _____, Blind Willie McTell's Georgia _____, Blind Willie Walker's South Carolina _____, William Moore's Barbershop _____, and Michigan J. Frog's Michigan _____—what single word fills in all of the blanks in these song titles? SKEET
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Reviving this thread ... I had no clue for Juventus, so I went with "The Fightin' Shrouds".
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

alietr wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:11 am Reviving this thread ... I had no clue for Juventus, so I went with "The Fightin' Shrouds".
You still try for those, eh?

One day you'll learn .....
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

econgator wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:20 am
alietr wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:11 am Reviving this thread ... I had no clue for Juventus, so I went with "The Fightin' Shrouds".

If only to amuse myself and post them here. Apparently just 'Shrouds' was popular.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

alietr wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:30 am
econgator wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:20 am

If only to amuse myself and post them here. Apparently just 'Shrouds' was popular.
I put Shrouds of Turin
Total game show career losings = $171,522
NoWhammies10
Relaxing In The Hot Tub

Post by NoWhammies10 »

For the "Dogs" question a couple days ago, I put the ever-popular FOUR PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN IN MY KITCHEN
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

It's a Water, Water, Water, Water World
(Probably one of hundreds that put that in...)
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Volante wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:17 am It's a Water, Water, Water, Water World
Yeah, I completely forgot about the existence of the movie "The Postman."
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:56 am
Volante wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:17 am It's a Water, Water, Water, Water World
I put "Field of Schemes"
Total game show career losings = $171,522
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

For graupel, I entered ‘Eis, Eis Baby’
Volante

Post by Volante »

In American football, an official pointing an extended arm toward the defensive team's goal, with the hand flat (or pointing a finger) and perpendicular to the ground, is giving the signal for what?
Tea is ready!
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

triviawayne wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:20 am
This Is Kirk! wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:56 am
I put "Field of Schemes"
Heh. That's actually a friend of mine's website ... fieldofschemes.com (mostly about professional sports teams leveraging their popularity to build new stadiums and rip off municipalities).
Volante

Post by Volante »

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." This line, a quintessential example of iambic pentameter, is the 70th and final line in a poem written in 1833 by Alfred, Lord Tennyson, on the subject of what restless hero?
Insomnia Man!