If the previous board's posts are gone, should we re-post our pavlovs?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

iowabelle
Loyal Jeopardista

If the previous board's posts are gone, should we re-post our pavlovs?

Post by iowabelle »

I still have the one about royalty that I wrote, and I'd be willing to post it again.

Anyone else?
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Re: If the previous board's posts are gone, should we re-post our pavlovs?

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

There was a Pavlov Revival thread a couple of months ago where most of them were posted (all except sports, I think. dhkendall, you still too busy to post it? :) ). A Royalty one was posted there. Is that the one you wrote?

http://www.jboard.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=343

As far as posting useful stuff that might have been saved from the other board, my vote is a resounding yes, especially since it seems that's it's otherwise gone for good.

-M
Last edited by MinnesotaMyron on Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

I have the Pavlovs saved in a text file, and I think they've been reposted here somewhere. They might still be in a thread on this board somewhere, but it seems to get moved. (See, if we had separate fora on the board, it could be in a "Study" forum or the like, and not as easily apt to get lost.)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Hee-hee. Simulpost. :lol:

Dhkendall, you also mentioned in that thread having the one for the countries. I don't think it's been posted yet, either.
HugoZ
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by HugoZ »

dhkendall wrote:I have the Pavlovs saved in a text file, and I think they've been reposted here somewhere. They might still be in a thread on this board somewhere, but it seems to get moved. (See, if we had separate fora on the board, it could be in a "Study" forum or the like, and not as easily apt to get lost.)
I brought up the idea of a "Reference Section" in About This Board. In lieu of a new forum, we could have a moderated sticky with URL's for the various topics (TD archive, Pavlov's, TOC history, archived online tests).
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

MinnesotaMyron wrote:Hee-hee. Simulpost. :lol:

Dhkendall, you also mentioned in that thread having the one for the countries. I don't think it's been posted yet, either.
Just did the sports one (apologies if it's not quite in the format needed, what I got was just the pure cut and paste of everything in the Sony board thread, and tried to adapt it to a single post (well, two, was too big for one) here.

I'll check on the countries one soon (I appreciated the reminder, Myron, as I had indeed forgot) - I do still have the Sony thread in the same format, but since that's a category I know cold, I won't benefit as much from posting it. ;)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
iowabelle
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by iowabelle »

Yes, that was my Royalty pavlov, Minnesota Myron. I'm glad it was re-posted! (Maybe if people had been studying that recently, they would have remembered Buckingham Palace!)

I agree, it might be a good idea to have a separate study area where these things are listed.

Does anyone else have any good pavlovs they'd like to share?
messyjesse
Contributor

Post by messyjesse »

I got about halfway through my "college athletics" pavlov on the old board before it crashed (and I didn't save it anywhere). I might be willing to type it up again if anyone thinks it might be helpful. Some athletes/coaches are synonymous with their schools. It's also helpful to know the athletic nickname of many schools, because those tend to pop up fairly frequently, even in categories and clues that have nothing to do with sports.
"No man is an island, so they say, although the small crustaceans and the bird which sat impassively on Dirk Manhope's chest as he floated lazily in the pool would probably disagree."
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

messyjesse wrote:I got about halfway through my "college athletics" pavlov on the old board before it crashed (and I didn't save it anywhere). I might be willing to type it up again if anyone thinks it might be helpful. Some athletes/coaches are synonymous with their schools. It's also helpful to know the athletic nickname of many schools, because those tend to pop up fairly frequently, even in categories and clues that have nothing to do with sports.
I'd certainly find it helpful, but it sounds like a lot of work for you. I won't complain if it takes you a couple of days. :)
messyjesse
Contributor

Post by messyjesse »

opusthepenguin wrote:
messyjesse wrote:I got about halfway through my "college athletics" pavlov on the old board before it crashed (and I didn't save it anywhere). I might be willing to type it up again if anyone thinks it might be helpful. Some athletes/coaches are synonymous with their schools. It's also helpful to know the athletic nickname of many schools, because those tend to pop up fairly frequently, even in categories and clues that have nothing to do with sports.
I'd certainly find it helpful, but it sounds like a lot of work for you. I won't complain if it takes you a couple of days. :)
I'd rather give too much information than too little. :)

I'll try and slap some stuff together. It's one of my strongest categories so it's not like I'd need to do a ton of research.
"No man is an island, so they say, although the small crustaceans and the bird which sat impassively on Dirk Manhope's chest as he floated lazily in the pool would probably disagree."
iowabelle
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by iowabelle »

Thank you, that would be very generous of you. We non-athletic types appreciate it!