Fun with GSN's "America Says"

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Fun with GSN's "America Says"

Post by MarkBarrett »

Nice to have new episodes again. It's easier to play from home than on stage. From the 4/29 episode:
Spoiler
A very good 5100-4500 game held because the team could not get the last one.

Correct answer:
Spoiler
Golf
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

Bahama Mama: Rum, Grenadine, Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Coconut Flavoring, Crushed Ice
Douglas Squasoni
LucarioSnooperVixey

Tonight’s episode had a question which asked “My Favorite Type of Wine is ____”.

One of the answers was Moscato, which I’ve never heard of. Which is odd because I know wines really well. It is apparently another wine made in the Asti region.

I don’t think Moscato has any hits in the archive. I know Asti Spumante has plenty of hits.
Douglas Squasoni
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:12 pm Tonight’s episode had a question which asked “My Favorite Type of Wine is ____”.

One of the answers was Moscato, which I’ve never heard of. Which is odd because I know wines really well. It is apparently another wine made in the Asti region.

I don’t think Moscato has any hits in the archive. I know Asti Spumante has plenty of hits.
DJ23: https://j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=7130
clprez

Post by clprez »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:12 pm Tonight’s episode had a question which asked “My Favorite Type of Wine is ____”.

My mom has been drinking Moscato for the past 10 or so years. Before that, her wine of choice was White Zinfandel. All of her friends and relatives who keep a box of wine in the fridge have converted, too. I would say that starting about 5 years ago she was able to order a glass of it at almost every restaurant I've visited with her.

Back in the mid '80s when I lived in the SF Bay area and would take people to visit wineries, Mondavi had a wine based on the Muscat grape but called it something else and targetted it as a dessert wine.
LucarioSnooperVixey

When I hear the word "fluffy", I think of ______.

G______ I_______

Answer:
Spoiler
Gabriel Iglesias
My Mom, Dad, and sister have never heard of him. However, I knew his name sounded familiar.

2022 National College Championship Game 6:

Comedians' Roles $2000: This comedian nicknamed "Fluffy" was the voice of Speedy Gonzalez in Space Jam: A New Legacy.

The National College Championship is still on Hulu. I showed it to my Mom and she laughed, thinking it was tonight's episode. Told her it was a re-run available on Hulu.
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:46 pm 55 R (Missed the Bottom Two in Grammy Album of the Year and the Bottom Three in Comedians' Roles.)
Second time will certainly be the charm for at least one of them now. ;)
Douglas Squasoni
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I knew who he was during the JNCC, but blanked on his name. Tonight I was laughing when I saw the G______ I_______ as there was no way any contestant was going to get him and the letter help was enough to jog my memory this time. Pillows was my second get and there was no stuffed animal or blanket to get which I had thought of before seeing the letters.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Fictional tall person

Goliath :o
Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test

Post by Rackme32 »

MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:04 pm Fictional tall person

Huh?
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Rackme32 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:26 am
MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:04 pm Fictional tall person

Huh?
I think Mark's post is a comment on the act of calling a biblical character fictional.
LucarioSnooperVixey

Extra-Curricular Activity:

MINE CRAFT :lol:
Douglas Squasoni
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Reruns start next week and People Puzzler will be new again.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

From the 10/21 bonus round:
Spoiler

Self defense and need 2 answers:

K_____

K___ M___

The team got karate. They hit the skip button and managed to solve the 3 right for the next part and the 4 right for the last part. Coming back to the 2nd part had the money safe as I would think fewer than 5% of players on the show would get KRAV MAGA.

I was shaking my head and instead of shouting the answer over and over or laughing, I only felt pity, as I would have been floored if any of the four came up with it.
LucarioSnooperVixey

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:20 pm From the 10/21 bonus round:
Spoiler

K_____

K___ M___

The team got karate. They hit the skip button and managed to solve the 3 right for the next part and the 4 right for the last part. Coming back to the 2nd part had the money safe as I would think fewer than 5% of players on the show would get KRAV MAGA.

I was shaking my head and instead of shouting the answer over and over or laughing, I only felt pity, as I would have been floored if any of the four came up with it.
Just this week, Pat Sajak claimed he had never heard of it.
Douglas Squasoni
LucarioSnooperVixey

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:49 am
Spoiler

K_____

K___ M___

Just this week, Pat Sajak claimed he had never heard of it.
My bad, it was orienteering. But someone on Wheel of Fortune this week did Krav Maga.
Douglas Squasoni
LucarioSnooperVixey

Spoiler

K_____

K___ M___

After watching the episode. I would say less people would get Durian. My mom had no idea what a durian was, but she got Krav Maga instantly.
Douglas Squasoni
LucarioSnooperVixey

Probably one of the worst questions ever asked on the show.

“I would probably have trouble identifying the country of _____ on the map.”

Most people would have trouble identifying most countries on the map. The answers pretty much could have been anything. The four answers used were incredibly random and require extreme guesswork and lots of luck.
Douglas Squasoni
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:21 pm Probably one of the worst questions ever asked on the show.

Most people would have trouble identifying most countries on the map. The answers pretty much could have been anything. The four answers used were incredibly random and require extreme guesswork and lots of luck.
Tease like that and you can't list the four?
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Volante wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:36 pm
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:21 pm Probably one of the worst questions ever asked on the show.

I think they were:

I___
C____
A______
B______
Spoiler
Iran
China
Albania
Bolivia
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

econgator wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:41 pm
Volante wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:36 pm

I think they were:

I___
C____
A______
B______
Spoiler
Iran
China
Albania
Bolivia
Off by one letter on the first, nailed the second...but yeah, last two seem bafflingly random.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)