Friday, January 13, 2012 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Re: Friday, January 13, 2012 Game Recap & Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Volante »

TenPoundHammer wrote:So yeah, seems I'm still the only one who never thought that the types of food would be, you know, some kind of TOM. It just seemed like an out of nowhere, ultra-obscure piece of trivia. It doesn't help that steak and lobster are kinda common foods. If it had been something more regional, like Philly cheesesteak, then I might've realized "oh, the food is important in this clue" and not "well, that could be literally anyone".
Well, in your defense, it was a pretty weak TOM.

And I'd be pretty impressed with the research team if they went through every menu at every inaugural meal and confirmed that ONLY ONE had "boiled stuffed lobster & prime ribs of beef au jus". (Insert caveat of proving a negative here.)

Incidentally, I think my strategy for "president clues I have no idea on" I'm just falling back on JFK. It's burned me at least once before when I didn't, so unless I can explicitly rule JFK/LBJ out, they're my go-tos.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
okstater04
Jeopardy! Contestant

Re: Friday, January 13, 2012 Game Recap & Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by okstater04 »

debramc wrote:
alamble wrote:
okstater04 wrote: I said andouiLLe intentionally. I thought it might be pronounced ondouey, but I don't think I've ever actually heard it spoken. I've just read it. I thought they'd be lenient if I pronounced the L (because I wasn't sure), and they were. I'll take it.
They have long proven to be lenient on pronunciations when your pronunciation is a reasonable interpretation of the spelling. (BTW, TPH, andouille sausage is Cajun, not French.)

You are the first person I know of who auditioned in KC this summer to appear on the show. Debramc, you auditioned in KC as well, yes?
Yep. And my show airs Wednesday. I remember you, alamble, but I didn't realize Preston was there too. I met him on the airport shuttle bus in LA. Hey Preston! Good game! Too bad it didn't work out at the end. (Funny about the license plates, I remember thinking someone from OK should know what's on LA's plates, but now that I think about it, I don't know what the OK license plates say. I think there's a scissortail flycatcher on there, but I'm not sure if there are words. :D )
Hey, Debra! Nice to meet you, also, and to watch your game! Yeah, I had nothing on those last three license plate clues, except thinking Connecticut for Sportsmen's Paradise (b/c of ESPN) and thinking Colorado for the snow one.