Thursday, November 29, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Fleeboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Thursday, November 29, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Fleeboy »

My incorrect response was based on Matthew 16, verse 18: "I say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church."
Elijah Baley

Post by Elijah Baley »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:43 pm
Elijah Baley wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:11 pm What the hell with that FJ category? No offense to Catholic viewers but that seems a little too specific for FJ.
I'll be checking off today's Final Jeopardy as correct and I've only set foot in churches for weddings and funerals.
Sure, I'm not saying that no one who isn't a practicing Catholic couldn't get it; just that I don't remember the category before and it seems a lot to ask people to study Catholic feast days along with the more usual Bible categories they feature. From some of the other comments, it seems like the clue was problematic on its face as well - another problem with taking clues from the Gospels when there are four largely but not always consistent books.

At the end of the day, it's just one FJ - and they all missed so "no harm, no foul" as Alex would say. Easy clues benefit the leader; hard ones open it up for the second and third place players, so it all works out. (Still could have been a better clue though!).
Austin Powers

Post by Austin Powers »

First FJ I’ve missed in at least two months.
davey

Post by davey »

Elijah Baley wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:28 am
OntarioQuizzer wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:43 pm
Elijah Baley wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:11 pm What the hell with that FJ category? No offense to Catholic viewers but that seems a little too specific for FJ.
I'll be checking off today's Final Jeopardy as correct and I've only set foot in churches for weddings and funerals.
Sure, I'm not saying that no one who isn't a practicing Catholic couldn't get it; just that I don't remember the category before and it seems a lot to ask people to study Catholic feast days along with the more usual Bible categories they feature. From some of the other comments, it seems like the clue was problematic on its face as well - another problem with taking clues from the Gospels when there are four largely but not always consistent books.

At the end of the day, it's just one FJ - and they all missed so "no harm, no foul" as Alex would say. Easy clues benefit the leader; hard ones open it up for the second and third place players, so it all works out. (Still could have been a better clue though!).
I've seen only 2 posters so far who profess to have gotten this right: One claiming a position of complete ignorance and the other absolute certainty! Seems like it was hardest on those of us somewhere in the middle...
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

51 R
DD: 3/3
FJ: :mrgreen:
LT: Intimidate, Indiana Jones, Frank Sinatra, Antietam, Golden, Sulphur, 150, Nine, Four, Andrew Johnson, Evangeline

I knew St. Andrews day is November 30th(Which is TODAY.). Also knew Advent was very soon. I know feast days very well, and I did not expect that this would pay of for a Final Jeopardy!
Douglas Squasoni
DBear
Denier of Pop Culture

Post by DBear »

in my mind, apostles were not disciples, so I went with Paul. That FJ really shouldn't have gotten past quality control.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Catching up after surviving both Midwest FurFest and a total OS failure...

Yes, I got the weasel clue.

Ran Abbreviations.

Didn't know "sedate" was also a verb.

How was freaking Indiana Jones a stand and stare?

Lach Trash: Indiana Jones, Sulphur Springs, 150

No guess on FJ!