Nervous Re: Verizon v. Disney & Still Around

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

jwatcher16
Loyal Jeopardista

Nervous Re: Verizon v. Disney & Still Around

Post by jwatcher16 »

Hi all - that is if anyone remembers me as its been a WHILE! To try to compress, since May 2017, I've had some series of health challenges - finally having more vision problems that made computer usage and participating here pretty difficult for some time. Vision is now somewhat better and I have laptop now which is easier on eyes so I hope to be back at least once in a while.

As to the main topic, this whole Verizon thing has had me nervous since a few days ago when that warning crawled across the screen at the opening of Jeopardy!. I'm in S. Jersey and on Verizon Fios, so this would or would have, definitely hit me. I may not watch sports but I DO faithfully watch Jeopoardy and the local news on that station is the one I normally watch. Compounding things is that as a result of those above health challenges, it won't be easy for me to be switching providers. I suppose by now it's clear if they've ever resolved things ; I haven't checked online news for a couple of days... and Action news hasn't reported any late developments, at least not when I've watched (normally 11 pm).

Well, I hope it's resolved by now. If not, maybe our kind Opus will be vaulting shows for a few days? Someone online wrote that the real losers in these disputes is the customers. How true!
alietr
Site Admin

Re: Nervous Re: Verizon v. Disney & Still Around

Post by alietr »

Welcome back, and they reached agreement yesterday.
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by CasketRomance »

youtube and dailymotion are your friends when you might not be able to get your jeopardy fix
JayK33
Just a Fan

Post by JayK33 »

CasketRomance wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:04 pm youtube and dailymotion are your friends when you might not be able to get your jeopardy fix
That's how I do it now. I don't have the ability to watch on TV so I'm thankful to those that upload each day.
jwatcher16
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jwatcher16 »

Greetings and thanks for the welcome back and replies. I am soooo relieved they indeed reached an agreement. Saw a very good game today!

Knew of YouTube, of course; guess you have to subscribe, though. But I've never heard of "DailyMotion!" Intriguing...

And do keep me in your prayers. Think I'll be having a pretty stressful day tomorrow when I confirmed plans.a little while ago and got an 'unwelcome surprise' announcement... sigh...

Ah well, Happy New Year anyway, everyone.
harrumph
Voyeur

Post by harrumph »

Best wishes towards your continued recovery, and may the Reddit guy stay healthy too.
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by CasketRomance »

jwatcher16 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:51 pm Greetings and thanks for the welcome back and replies. I am soooo relieved they indeed reached an agreement. Saw a very good game today!

Knew of YouTube, of course; guess you have to subscribe, though. But I've never heard of "DailyMotion!" Intriguing...

And do keep me in your prayers. Think I'll be having a pretty stressful day tomorrow when I confirmed plans.a little while ago and got an 'unwelcome surprise' announcement... sigh...

Ah well, Happy New Year anyway, everyone.
don't need to subscribe to youtube...just do a youtube search for jeopardy episode followed by the date...they are usually uploaded before the end of the current night
Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test

Post by Rackme32 »

Much like the Yanni/Laurel thing (which I had never even heard of until TD 409 mentioned it), I have zero idea what this Verizon/Disney/whatever dispute refers to.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

Rackme32 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:46 pm...I have zero idea what this Verizon/Disney/whatever dispute refers to.
Verizon's contract with Disney to carry Disney-owned channels on their FiOS TV service -- including the station on which the original poster watches "Jeopardy!" -- was to have expired at the end of 2018, which could have meant those channels being temporarily unavailable. However, both parties came to an agreement in time to avoid any interruptions.