LL80: LearnedLeague

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: LL80: LearnedLeague

Post by CasketRomance »

ElendilPickle wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:49 pm I have a couple of referrals for the upcoming season. If you are interested and can commit to playing every match without forfeiting or cheating, PM me ASAP.
i appreciate the offer, but i would probably suck in most of the categories that they use in that competition
RJRouge

Post by RJRouge »

While I did very well on the Simpsons 1D as expected, I failed to money perfectly. 6th still isn't bad.
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

The Sports ML was fun and very comprehensive but tough. I got nine 2's!
Hoping for a third lap
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

It was nice to (possibly) end my LL career with a top 5% on the Wind Quintets 1DS. I hadn't been sure exactly how it works near one's expiration date; my official expiration date was May 14, but I can still log in for the time being. Oddly, the Member Center now lists me as a "Rookie", which designation probably makes as much sense as anything until I'm officially changed to "inactive".

I might eventually re-up. We'll see.
classicroadster

Post by classicroadster »

Well the Sports ML final was super tough, as I'd feared...I'm a little surprised they included no questions about the nhl, men's or womens world cup, winter or summer Olympics. I only got 2, the Bonilla lay up and Waltrip. I had all 3 cities correct for final four, but new stadium in Indy not the old one, big brown for the horse who did win the first 2 but in 2008 apparently, and Boise and tcu for the aq teams. I wish the hint for that one wasn't for the easier of the two teams...asking about trail running, squash, and to name the two schools in the espy moment was just mean!
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

classicroadster wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:09 am Well the Sports ML final was super tough, as I'd feared...I'm a little surprised they included no questions about the nhl, men's or womens world cup, winter or summer Olympics. I only got 2, the Bonilla lay up and Waltrip. I had all 3 cities correct for final four, but new stadium in Indy not the old one, big brown for the horse who did win the first 2 but in 2008 apparently, and Boise and tcu for the aq teams. I wish the hint for that one wasn't for the easier of the two teams...asking about trail running, squash, and to name the two schools in the espy moment was just mean!
yeah that was pretty rough...i only got the super easy bobby bonilla...maybe if it were 10 years ago, the answer wouldn't have been so well known, but with social media dude more people in usa probably know july 1st as bobby bonilla day than they know it is also canada day up north

only thing i know about squash is that the pakistan dude khan (couldn't tell you the first name) holds the record for most consecutive wins in any sport