Tuesday, April 16, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Bamaman »

Was this a pre-chat record?
floridagator
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by floridagator »

Archivists wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:58 am

FIRST DOUBLE JEOPARDY! ROUND DAILY DOUBLE
James snagged the next Daily Double on the 15th clue. James had $27,000, Adam had $8,800, and Katie had a deficit with -$400. James wagered $11,381.
In the event this was a date numerology bet, it is worth noting that 11/3/81 was election day.
I'd rather cuddle then have sex. If you're into grammar, you'll understand.
Golf

Post by Golf »

Category 13 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:06 am That wasn't very sportsmanlike of either Adam or James.
When Katie was at zero, I noticed James hadn't rung in for several clues. I thought "cool, he is going to stay put and let Katie have a shot". But Adam kept clicking away, oblivious to the opportunity for chivalry. And then James up and rings in on clue 60. WTF, dude?
I have to wonder if James was doing some number crunching while he lay dormant, and thought of some reason to add $400 to his score on behalf of more numerology. :evil:
Let's think of some reason for James to add $400 to his score.... maybe because it's $400? You just seem to be thinking about numerology, he's thinking about cold hard cash. You'll probably then say he's already won so much money, who cares about $400? But let's do this. Go to your wallet. Seriously, go get your wallet and take out $400. Then take that money and go give it to some stranger at random for no reason. You think you're going to miss that $400? And of course chances are you don't have $400 in your wallet, (most don't including myself) which should make you think about this concept some more.

This isn't about chivalry, this isn't about being polite, this is about winning as many games and money as you can. We do not train to be be merciful here! Mercy is for the weak! A contestant confronts you, he is the enemy! An enemy deserves no mercy!
harrumph
Voyeur

Post by harrumph »

Golf wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:06 am
Category 13 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:06 am That wasn't very sportsmanlike of either Adam or James.
When Katie was at zero, I noticed James hadn't rung in for several clues. I thought "cool, he is going to stay put and let Katie have a shot". But Adam kept clicking away, oblivious to the opportunity for chivalry. And then James up and rings in on clue 60. WTF, dude?
I have to wonder if James was doing some number crunching while he lay dormant, and thought of some reason to add $400 to his score on behalf of more numerology. :evil:
Let's think of some reason for James to add $400 to his score.... maybe because it's $400? You just seem to be thinking about numerology, he's thinking about cold hard cash. You'll probably then say he's already won so much money, who cares about $400? But let's do this. Go to your wallet. Seriously, go get your wallet and take out $400. Then take that money and go give it to some stranger at random for no reason. You think you're going to miss that $400? And of course chances are you don't have $400 in your wallet, (most don't including myself) which should make you think about this concept some more.

This isn't about chivalry, this isn't about being polite, this is about winning as many games and money as you can. We do not train to be be merciful here! Mercy is for the weak! A contestant confronts you, he is the enemy! An enemy deserves no mercy!
Plus the only one who would actually get to keep the $400 is James.
Golf

Post by Golf »

harrumph wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:29 pm Plus the only one who would actually get to keep the $400 is James.
Yep. Plus he'll turn that $400 into $700 after FJ.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Golf wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:36 pm
harrumph wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:29 pm Plus the only one who would actually get to keep the $400 is James.
Yep. Plus he'll turn that $400 into $700 after FJ.
It depends when his double first cousin was born.