Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

nklotz
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by nklotz »

NewsToTom wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:10 pm Got an email today for Houston audition for Sept. 4 (Weds) at 2 PM. IIRC, I got a 44 on the online test.
Congrats! Apparently we're just not going to schedule Milwaukee auditions huh
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

nklotz wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:40 am
NewsToTom wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:10 pm Got an email today for Houston audition for Sept. 4 (Weds) at 2 PM. IIRC, I got a 44 on the online test.
Congrats! Apparently we're just not going to schedule Milwaukee auditions huh
We have seen in the past where a city would be on a list, and we never hear of auditions in said city. While there is no confirmation, but just speculation on my part, when this happens, they invite some of those to the next closest city next time they are near. This could have easily happened when Raleigh was on the list, but the closest the show came was Charlotte.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
AlphaDummy
Valued Contributor

Post by AlphaDummy »

triviawayne wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:24 pm
nklotz wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:40 am Congrats! Apparently we're just not going to schedule Milwaukee auditions huh
We have seen in the past where a city would be on a list, and we never hear of auditions in said city. While there is no confirmation, but just speculation on my part, when this happens, they invite some of those to the next closest city next time they are near. This could have easily happened when Raleigh was on the list, but the closest the show came was Charlotte.
Given that there were apparently only two of us from the board who signed up for Milwaukee, it is quite possible that the auditions might well have come and gone without our knowledge.

Or, given that Houston was just announced, the audition tour might not yet be complete.

(I do like that second possibility a whole lot more, of course... :mrgreen: )
clt013
J! and SJ! Pool Participant

Post by clt013 »

AlphaDummy wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:06 pm
Given that there were apparently only two of us from the board who signed up for Milwaukee, it is quite possible that the auditions might well have come and gone without our knowledge.
I also signed up for Milwaukee - so there's at least 3 of us. :)
AlphaDummy
Valued Contributor

Post by AlphaDummy »

clt013 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:13 pm
Oops...I went off the list at the top of the first page...sorry I missed you... :oops:
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

triviawayne wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:24 pm
nklotz wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:40 am Congrats! Apparently we're just not going to schedule Milwaukee auditions huh

Or, given that Houston was just announced, the audition tour might not yet be complete.

(I do like that second possibility a whole lot more, of course... :mrgreen: )
Even if nobody on the board gets an invite to a city, usually someone here will report it anyway as some people are in other groups, knows someone, or follows the reddit page.
twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by twelvefootboy »

I hope the happy invites and phone calls keep coming and I get to see many of you boardies on the boob tube.

But on a segue - Did any of you auditioners learn anything related to the requirement to upload a picture before taking the on-line test this Spring? Like, did they mention if it was an anti-cheat precaution? Did they qualify the image requirements (like you couldn't use your dog's picture, etc..)

I'm just curious - I think I didn't pass (34R?) anyway and don't aspire to have 15 minutes of fame. I think we had at least one boardie take a pass out of privacy/abuse concerns. I figured I'd poll this group before the thread expires soon.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

AlphaDummy wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:31 pm
clt013 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:13 pm
Oops...I went off the list at the top of the first page...sorry I missed you... :oops:

Looks like Milwaukee and Seattle are the only ones missing.

Did I miss putting anyone else with their city/score, or other information?
clt013
J! and SJ! Pool Participant

Post by clt013 »

triviawayne wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:21 am Did I miss putting anyone else with their city/score, or other information?
Sorry - you didn't miss my city/score as I never submitted.

I would be Milwaukee with 38 (+ 2 partials that might count) correct.
Spiny Norman
Valued Contributor

Post by Spiny Norman »

Los Angeles, September 10. I hope that the 4th time is the charm.
rjaguar3
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by rjaguar3 »

Los Angeles, September 9 (2pm). This is the first in-person audition for me. I'm very excited!
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Trivia Nationals Las Vegas update

70 people sat for the written test on Saturday, and 39 people were called back to audition in 2 groups. They brought in a local news crew, so you might get to see us!
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

morbeedo wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:40 am Trivia Nationals Las Vegas update

70 people sat for the written test on Saturday, and 39 people were called back to audition in 2 groups. They brought in a local news crew, so you might get to see us!
You are one of the 39 right...
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

triviawayne wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:28 am
morbeedo wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:40 am Trivia Nationals Las Vegas update

You are one of the 39 right...
Happily, yes, but I’m bummed for boardies who didn't make it through this time
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

Had a great time at trivia nationals - except in the jeopardy contestant test where I failed to reach the required score for the first time in 12+ tests. Best of luck to the boardies and friends who did pass! I'm sure we will see some of them on TV soon. A certain LeeAnn Whitlock is a lock, given the praise Maggie and co heaped on her.

The J! people were at far more than just the tryouts- they spent 2+ days meeting the trivia community, playing our games, answering our questions, and working REALLY hard to get strong women quizzers to audition. Cmp146, despite being on the show already, was personally asked to audition 3 times. A little less love for us in other demographics, but still lots of enthusiasm and respect.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Among the many positive experiences I had at Trivia Nationals, not the least of them was getting to meet so many boardies such as boson and cmp, but also DHK and wife, Big Daddy Matty, ElendilPickle, Fowlerism, Reddpen, Hbomb, morbeedo and even the elusive Schliemann. I hope to see many of you on the show.
Last edited by Woof on Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

boson wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:00 am I failed to reach the required score for the first time in 12+ tests.
Oof, that's rough. Sorry to hear that.
Douglas Squasoni
StevenH
Not J! Contestant Material

Post by StevenH »

It sounds like the event was a huge success! I am glad that everyone seems to have had a great time. I really hope that I can make it back to Vegas next year, especially if there are auditions again.

Best of luck to all of you who are in the pool!
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:33 am
boson wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:00 am I failed to reach the required score for the first time in 12+ tests.
Oof, that's rough. Sorry to hear that.
Sorry, boson! Would you say we got the harder of the two tests they’ve been using at auditions this summer?