Consecutive Final Jeopardy record at risk?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Peregrinus92
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Consecutive Final Jeopardy record at risk?

Post by Peregrinus92 »

Hi, Tom Cubbage here. Through the 1989 CC, 1989 TOC, 1990 SuperJ, 2004 UTOC, and 2014 BOTD competitions I gave the correct response to Final Jeopardy 12 consecutive times. I'm not aware of a longer streak than that. But from April 12 through April 26, James Holzhauer has been correct in FJ eleven consecutive times. Am I correct in believing that if James is correct today (April 29), he will tie my (supposed) record and break it if he's correct both today and tomorrow?
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: Consecutive Final Jeopardy record at risk?

Post by Robert K S »

I think you're right about the "Am I correct...?" part. The (tie) "if" is already answered in today's daily thread.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

Peregrinus92 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:30 pm Hi, Tom Cubbage here. Through the 1989 CC, 1989 TOC, 1990 SuperJ, 2004 UTOC, and 2014 BOTD competitions I gave the correct response to Final Jeopardy 12 consecutive times. I'm not aware of a longer streak than that. But from April 12 through April 26, James Holzhauer has been correct in FJ eleven consecutive times. Am I correct in believing that if James is correct today (April 29), he will tie my (supposed) record and break it if he's correct both today and tomorrow?
Ben Ingram also had 12 consecutive FJ! clues right: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayerstat ... er_id=9511 with his miss coming in day 2 of his TOC.

Yes, if James is correct in today's 4/29 game then that would also be 12 in a row correct.

Your first post was May 2016 and today was your second post. Feel free to chime in again prior to 2022. :D

For your success in the FJ! round I did give you a mention last week in the 4/23 thread at TheJeopardyFan: https://thejeopardyfan.com/2019/04/fina ... -2019.html (the comments section) after Andy listed the 13/14 club members under Andy's Thoughts.
RKane
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by RKane »

Cool. Unfortunately it appears your CC SF and final games are not archived, but I guess those are the ones you got right. Too bad you missed Mr. Kilimanjaro in your first game, otherwise you'd have a mind-boggling 13/13 perfect score over nearly 25 years of play. Either way, most impressive, I always respect anyone who gets a lot of FJs right.
I'm done. Abandon all hope ye who enter here.
floridagator
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by floridagator »

RKane wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:03 pm Unfortunately you missed Mr. Kilimanjaro in your first game

I never heard of a mister Kilimanjaro although I know a mr. Fuji, a mister Logan, a mr. Everest
And a mister McKinley.

Also a Ms. Whitney, but she proved to be haughty and contemptuous so I don't regard her as someone I know anymore.
I'd rather cuddle then have sex. If you're into grammar, you'll understand.
RKane
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by RKane »

floridagator wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:29 pm
RKane wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:03 pm Unfortunately you missed Mr. Kilimanjaro in your first game

I never heard of a mister Kilimanjaro although I know a mr. Fuji, a mister Logan, a mr. Everest
And a mister McKinley.

Also a Ms. Whitney, but she proved to be haughty and contemptuous so I don't regard her as someone I know anymore.
Wow... I have just been the typo meister lately... thanks for noticing! I'm going to leave that one as is though because it's pretty hilarious.
I'm done. Abandon all hope ye who enter here.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

RKane wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:42 pm
floridagator wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:29 pm

And a mister McKinley.

Wow... I have just been the typo meister lately... thanks for noticing! I'm going to leave that one as is though because it's pretty hilarious.
Yeah, at least the typo was funny.