LL81: LearnedLeague

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

1stlvlthinker
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: LL81: LearnedLeague

Post by 1stlvlthinker »

One money away from finishing 1st place in Nintendo Entertainment System. The wrong money cost me 9 points and my best shot at actually winning a One-Day. This was the only time I had gotten 12 right.
Now swimming in the J! pool.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Somehow I didn't notice until tonight that I'm being realigned! LL82 will see me and my line over in the new Rundle Keystone.

Bunch of heavy hitters ending up in A-Key...Breaky Heart.

Gonna be a challenge, but I can dig it.
classicroadster

Post by classicroadster »

really hope that answering only blue ridge yesterday without the parkway isn't going to cost me a shot at the championship....took a win to a tie and instead of being tied for second going into Day 11 I am a point behind. Its a little frustrating that we have 2 serial forfeiters in our group who both decided to play against me so everyone else got at least 1 and in some cases 3 FW. And I have none. Hurts the MPD.
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

After getting bomtr'd on Friday and losing again Monday, I thought the National Parks championship was out of reach. But it came down to point differential on the last game, and after winning by 4 while the person (now in 3rd place) won by 3, I finished in second. This is the first time since 2016 I've made a championship, after finishing third in several other ML's.
I don't plan to enter any ML's in the 82-83 off-season.
Hoping for a third lap
classicroadster

Post by classicroadster »

classicroadster wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:04 pm really hope that answering only blue ridge yesterday without the parkway isn't going to cost me a shot at the championship....took a win to a tie and instead of being tied for second going into Day 11 I am a point behind. Its a little frustrating that we have 2 serial forfeiters in our group who both decided to play against me so everyone else got at least 1 and in some cases 3 FW. And I have none. Hurts the MPD.
I tied on MD11 and the person in 2nd lost, so I ended up tied for 2nd/3rd, but lost on MPD by 3...and my blue ridge appeal was apparently not accepted by Thorsten. Even worse is the forfeit issue, where the person I tied with got 7 right for+13 points MPD in his 2 FW, while I actually had to play the 2 forfeiters. I got 5 right in my 2 wins against them, but only ended up with +4 in MPD in those 2 wins. If they both forfeited against me, I would've been +8 which would've given me 1 more MPD than 2nd.
ouachiouat

Post by ouachiouat »

Still trying to decide if I want to re-up for LL82. I know if I don't do it, I'll miss it. But I also know that right now things are crazy and will be for the rest of the semester, and I don't want to accidentally forfeit. I have about 4 hours to decide....